Old 18-10-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Back To Basics. The Perfect Sandwich?

I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Old 18-10-2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-18, Leroy wrote:

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Sure. All my sandwiches are perfect.

nb
Old 18-10-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy said...

I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Nope, 'cause I'm still eating lesser crap.

Andy

Moslem or Christians Mullah or Pope
Preacher or poet who was it wrote
Give any one species too much rope
And they'll **** it up
--Roger Waters
Amused to Death
Old 18-10-2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Yeah, but I am taking top level.

I am sure you think your sandwiches are perfect, as with all your food, but
Michelin star chefs may disagree.

Old 18-10-2006, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
perfect sandwich. LOL

Sheldon Mustard

Old 18-10-2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

There wouldn't be any such thing because the perfect sandwich for a
vegetarian would be different from a perfect sandwich for an omnivore.

For me, it is a perfect French Dip Sandwich - great roast beef, genuine
"jus" for dipping, and just the right deli bun with some sesame seeds
on top. I can think of nothing better.

Alongside, of course, thick, perfectly-cooked steak fries and for cold
and crispy, a beautiful tomato, peeled and cut into eighths. And a big
Kosher pickle spear. That's it. I'm hungry.

N.

Old 18-10-2006, 07:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Here you go Sheldon:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2w4eovo.jpg

oups.com...

Old 18-10-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yup...the "Leroy Tirebiter"...

--
Best
Greg

Old 18-10-2006, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
perfect sandwich. LOL

Sheldon Mustard

Did you think that one up all by yourself, dogturd, or did you talk
with the fourth grade boys at your local elementary school first?

Old 18-10-2006, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"salgud" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sheldon wrote:
Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I
wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
perfect sandwich. LOL

Sheldon Mustard

Did you think that one up all by yourself, dogturd, or did you talk
with the fourth grade boys at your local elementary school first?

He's not allowed near children. Major prison time (again) if he violates the
order.

Old 18-10-2006, 08:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

writes:

Leroy wrote:

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yup...the "Leroy Tirebiter"...

how about the "Bacohol Fatboy"

The "Kenjibob" or the "Open - faced Tushar"...

--
Best
Greg

Old 18-10-2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Dave Smith wrote:

Leroy wrote:

I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I
wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Some nice fresh bread with slices perfectly ripened garden fresh tomato,
lettuce
and mayonnaise.

Oh gods!!! drool
Does not even need the lettuce...... ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Old 18-10-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

It depends upon if it's a hot or cold sandwich.

For a cold sandwich, I like a BLT with avocado, a smidgen of sprouts, a
grilled pineapple ring and swiss cheese on toasted sourdough bread lightly
buttered on one side and lightly mayo'd on the other.

For a hot sandwich........ there was this little deli back on Maui, Maui
Bake Shop, that had what was almost a spinach dip on a croissant all heated
and bubbly. I don't know what they put in the dip-like part of it; maybe
provolone, chopped spinach, ricotta, chopped artichokes, but it was to die
for! They also had the standard ham and cheese croissant all warmed up and
gooey.

kili

Old 18-10-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.

Rosie