Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Back To Basics. The Perfect Sandwich?

I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
what they would come up with.

So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-18, Leroy > wrote:

> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Sure. All my sandwiches are perfect.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy said...

> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Nope, 'cause I'm still eating lesser crap.

Andy

Moslem or Christians Mullah or Pope
Preacher or poet who was it wrote
Give any one species too much rope
And they'll **** it up
--Roger Waters
Amused to Death
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yeah, but I am taking top level.

I am sure you think your sandwiches are perfect, as with all your food, but
Michelin star chefs may disagree.

"notbob" > wrote in message

> Sure. All my sandwiches are perfect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
perfect sandwich. LOL

Sheldon Mustard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

There wouldn't be any such thing because the perfect sandwich for a
vegetarian would be different from a perfect sandwich for an omnivore.

For me, it is a perfect French Dip Sandwich - great roast beef, genuine
"jus" for dipping, and just the right deli bun with some sesame seeds
on top. I can think of nothing better.

Alongside, of course, thick, perfectly-cooked steak fries and for cold
and crispy, a beautiful tomato, peeled and cut into eighths. And a big
Kosher pickle spear. That's it. I'm hungry.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Here you go Sheldon:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2w4eovo.jpg

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
> perfect sandwich. LOL
>
> Sheldon Mustard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:

> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yup...the "Leroy Tirebiter"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Leroy wrote:
> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> > world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> > what they would come up with.
> >
> > So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
> perfect sandwich. LOL
>
> Sheldon Mustard

Did you think that one up all by yourself, dogturd, or did you talk
with the fourth grade boys at your local elementary school first?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"salgud" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sheldon wrote:
>> Leroy wrote:
>> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
>> > world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I
>> > wonder
>> > what they would come up with.
>> >
>> > So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

>> Triple Decker... my pickle between two big busted gals... that's my
>> perfect sandwich. LOL
>>
>> Sheldon Mustard

> Did you think that one up all by yourself, dogturd, or did you talk
> with the fourth grade boys at your local elementary school first?

He's not allowed near children. Major prison time (again) if he violates the
order.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Leroy wrote:
>
> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> > world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I
> > wonder
> > what they would come up with.
> >
> > So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> Some nice fresh bread with slices perfectly ripened garden fresh tomato,
> lettuce
> and mayonnaise.

Oh gods!!! <drool>
Does not even need the lettuce...... ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

It depends upon if it's a hot or cold sandwich.

For a cold sandwich, I like a BLT with avocado, a smidgen of sprouts, a
grilled pineapple ring and swiss cheese on toasted sourdough bread lightly
buttered on one side and lightly mayo'd on the other.

For a hot sandwich........ there was this little deli back on Maui, Maui
Bake Shop, that had what was almost a spinach dip on a croissant all heated
and bubbly. I don't know what they put in the dip-like part of it; maybe
provolone, chopped spinach, ricotta, chopped artichokes, but it was to die
for! They also had the standard ham and cheese croissant all warmed up and
gooey.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:

> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Some nice fresh bread with slices perfectly ripened garden fresh tomato, lettuce
and mayonnaise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.

The ice cream sandwich?

What kind of ghetto troll monica is Leroy... how would you like a
knuckle sandwich... we don't need any Leroy racist *******s.

Where do all these sicko bigoted freaks come from.

Sheldon Oreo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:
> Leroy wrote:
>> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
>> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
>> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
>>
>> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
> Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
>
> Rosie

Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a slice
of tomato on the top.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
. ..
> rosie wrote:
>> Leroy wrote:
>>> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
>>> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
>>> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
>>>
>>> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

>> Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
>> Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
>>
>> Rosie

> Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a slice
> of tomato on the top.
>
> kili

With a side of {_________________} ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Leroy wrote:
> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
> > the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
> > sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
> >
> > So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> It depends upon if it's a hot or cold sandwich.
>
> For a cold sandwich, I like a BLT with avocado, a smidgen of sprouts, a
> grilled pineapple ring and swiss cheese on toasted sourdough bread lightly
> buttered on one side and lightly mayo'd on the other.
>
> For a hot sandwich........ there was this little deli back on Maui, Maui
> Bake Shop, that had what was almost a spinach dip on a croissant all heated
> and bubbly. I don't know what they put in the dip-like part of it; maybe
> provolone, chopped spinach, ricotta, chopped artichokes, but it was to die
> for! They also had the standard ham and cheese croissant all warmed up and
> gooey.
>
> kili

Sandwich connoisseur... :-)

Nice Kili!

I never thought of adding pineapple to a BLT.
Pineapple and bacon do go well together.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> rosie wrote:
> > Leroy wrote:
> >> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
> >> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
> >> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
> >>
> >> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> > Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
> > Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
> >
> > Rosie

> Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a slice
> of tomato on the top.
>
> kili

When I eat fresh crab, I like to have it with a little hot lemon butter
on fresh sourdough bread with crispy crust. ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > rosie wrote:

> >> Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
> >> Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
> >>
> >> Rosie

> > Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a slice
> > of tomato on the top.
> >
> > kili
> >

> With a side of {_________________} ?

Hot soup!
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Each different type has its own parameters for perfection but when I
have a serious sandwich jones going it has to be an Italian hoagie. The
bread has to be a crusty baguette with some of the "guts" pulled out of
it a drizzling of EVOO and red wine vinegar on it. Then comes layers of
good hot coppa, sopresata, ham (in this case I prefer Black Forest over
prosciutto) pepperoni, with a few layers of thinly sliced provolone
topped with thinly sliced onion, tomato, just a little lettuce and a
smattering of peperocinis or sport pepper rings. finish with a few
shakes of oregano. Now when the holiday season rolls around nothing
beats a turkey sandwich made from the leftovers of your own turkey.
Start with a seedy whole grain bread, slather liberally with mayo, pile
high with turkey and finish simply with a little salt and some fresh
ground pepper. I'm a bit of a minimalist in this regard but I can
appreciate the addition of a little stuffing and or cranberry sauce to
the sandwich. It's the only time of year I eat turkey sandwiches.
Sometimes I jones for a good pastrami sandwich and on the west coast it
ain't the easiest thing to find. Now and then a buddy and I make our own
pastrami from packer cut corned beef briskets which is the only way to
get a pastrami sandwich that's New York worthy. Beyond getting just the
right ingredients it's a slam dunk to make; dark rye (toasted please)
with a healthy application of a nice course seedy mustard piled high
with hot pastrami. Garnish with a dill spear and a little cole slaw on
the side.

JD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Ooh, I forgot, take a pork shoulder that's been in the pit for 12 to 14
hours so it has a nice crusty bark on it, pull it so there's a lot of
that bark in the mix and pile it on a sesame seeded BBQ bun with the
sauce of your choice (none of that nasty sweet stuff for me) and top
with a dollop of cole slaw.

JD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:

> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Sure, but I still have to guess which was best. Should have been one of
these:
- norwegian smoked salmon with a hint of normandy butter on a very soft,
no-seeds bun
- "cinta senese" salame on tuscan-style unsalted bread, crispy outside and
soft inside
- gorgonzola, brie and young taleggio melted on a sesame seed soft bun
- ground horse filet with powdered onion, white pepper and olive oil in our
local tipycal white bread bun
- an atomic bomb I ate in Puglia filled with pickled eggplants, red hot
peppers, onions, anchovies, capers and God knows what else
- last but not least, the good old sandwich with cotoletta alla milanese,
lettuce and mayo
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with
>>> a slice of tomato on the top.
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>> With a side of {_________________} ?

> Hot soup!

Too much food for me. One half of the crab melt would do me in all on its
own. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Leroy wrote:
> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> > world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> > what they would come up with.

> The ice cream sandwich?
>
> What kind of ghetto troll monica is Leroy... how would you like a
> knuckle sandwich... we don't need any Leroy racist *******s.
>
> Where do all these sicko bigoted freaks come from.
>
> Sheldon Oreo

They seek out their own kind, dogturd. They're looking for you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> rosie wrote:
> > Leroy wrote:
> >> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in
> >> the world a task of creating something basic like the perfect
> >> sandwich, I wonder what they would come up with.
> >>
> >> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> > Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
> > Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
> >
> > Rosie

> Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a slice
> of tomato on the top.

If you are entertaining, making a bunch of those little open - faced
Scandinavian sammiches is a good bet. Get those little cocktail loaves
(Rubschlager's is a good brand). Use butter to spread on the bread before
topping, the butter acts somewhat as a "sealant" to prevent the bread from
getting soggy...

There are a million variations of these, anything goes...and you don't have
to spend ten million bux on the things either.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>
>> rosie wrote:

>>> Yes, rye bread, crabmeat, bacon and avocado...... the best!!!
>>> Crab is mixed with a bot of mayonaise to make a salad.
>>>
>>> Rosie

>> Open faced hot crab melts are good, too, on an English muffin with a
>> slice of tomato on the top.

> If you are entertaining, making a bunch of those little open - faced
> Scandinavian sammiches is a good bet. Get those little cocktail
> loaves (Rubschlager's is a good brand). Use butter to spread on the
> bread before topping, the butter acts somewhat as a "sealant" to
> prevent the bread from getting soggy...
>
> There are a million variations of these, anything goes...and you
> don't have to spend ten million bux on the things either.

Good tip, thanks, Greg!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leroy wrote:
> I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> what they would come up with.
>
> So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

Yes. It's called a BLT.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> Leroy wrote:
> > I have always been interested, if you were to give the top chefs in the
> > world a task of creating something basic like the perfect sandwich, I wonder
> > what they would come up with.
> >
> > So, has anyone eaten what they think is the perfect sandwich?

> Yes. It's called a BLT.
>
> Kate

I thought a BLT had bacon in it. Isn't that what the "B" is?