Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Using ground pork rinds.

Well, I don't know how healthy it is (hubby is type2 "no carb"huh?). His
favorite meal is fried cod. Tonight I bought the cod, and made a mixture
of mostly crushed pork rinds, and a little dried breadcrumbs. I dipped
the rinsed and dried fish into the beaten eggs. Then, after waiting for
the egg to drip a bit, it was lightly rolled in the crumb mix.

It really tasted very good. Maybe the salt and crunch of the porkrinds
made a difference.

Anyway it is great to make his favorite foods more within the limits!!

Gillian
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Gill Murray" > wrote in message
> Well, I don't know how healthy it is (hubby is type2 "no carb"huh?). His
> favorite meal is fried cod. Tonight I bought the cod, and made a mixture
> of mostly crushed pork rinds, and a little dried breadcrumbs. I dipped the
> rinsed and dried fish into the beaten eggs. Then, after waiting for the
> egg to drip a bit, it was lightly rolled in the crumb mix.
>
> It really tasted very good. Maybe the salt and crunch of the porkrinds
> made a difference.
>
> Anyway it is great to make his favorite foods more within the limits!!
>
> Gillian

I've been using them for awhile now and find them to be a great sub. for
bread crumbs. I use them in meatloaf, on fish and as a cracker for dipping
salsa or chip dips .
--
Joe W.
T2 Nov '05

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Gill Murray" > wrote in message
> Well, I don't know how healthy it is (hubby is type2 "no carb"huh?). His
> favorite meal is fried cod. Tonight I bought the cod, and made a mixture
> of mostly crushed pork rinds, and a little dried breadcrumbs. I dipped the
> rinsed and dried fish into the beaten eggs. Then, after waiting for the
> egg to drip a bit, it was lightly rolled in the crumb mix.

I've never gone down the pork rind route, because of the sat fat issue - I
use oat bran or breadcrumbs made from low-carb bread. I used to use straight
breadcrumbs for my carb eaters, but have given up on that because they
prefer mine : )

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

No pork rinds! notbob General Cooking 18 28-04-2013 11:17 PM
pork rinds Mikhail T. Barbecue 0 07-11-2006 01:55 AM
pork rinds Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 24 28-10-2006 01:06 PM
pork rinds TeaLady (Mari C.) Barbecue 0 27-10-2006 02:54 AM
pork rinds Ace Lightning Barbecue 4 25-10-2006 10:04 PM