Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:

>>> No, it's not ok.
>>> I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
>>> can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
>>> interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
>>> which they pull out of their butts.

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
>> will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
>> resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
>> they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
>> with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.
>>
>> And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
>> to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
>> It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
>> to share it with all my eFriends.
>>
>> Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
>> on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
>> thing -- too.)
>>
>> -T

> Ask the person sitting next to you.

Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
that's good for you.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 3:05 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
>>> (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a

>> Ask the person sitting next to you.

> First you have to find someone!

Didn't you say you are married?
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 06/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
...-
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
(
Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple)

-T-

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low

sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is

they claim to be the expert at

Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
die fairly rapidly.

Hi Bigwheel,

Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
a pass when I screw up too.

-T
Ok well if he is in favor of salt I guess we can get along. I do not have time to read each wordy link which happens to pop up. I give passes for everything.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 04:41 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
>> In article >, Todd >
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Don,
>>>
>>> I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
>>> will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
>>> resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
>>> they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
>>> with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.
>>>
>>> And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
>>> to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
>>> It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
>>> to share it with all my eFriends.
>>>
>>> Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
>>> on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
>>> thing -- too.)
>>>
>>> -T

>> Ask the person sitting next to you.
>>

> Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
> sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
> that's good for you.

Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>
> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
are a blessing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
>> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>>
>> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
>> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
> to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
> are a blessing.

No. I don't like to pick fights. But I also don't like false information.
Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
they are eating a food that contains it

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/17/2013 2:50 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Julie,
> >>
> >> You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
> >> you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
> >>
> >> Sorry it worked out this way.
> >>
> >> -T

> > Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?
> >

> Sex, *or* something interesting?
> What a weird choice.

Busting my chops again? "Else" is implied, but why wouldn't you want to
talk about something interesting. It is obvious the lines have been
draw, the wagons have been circled, and bunker mentality has set in.
I met a girl last night, and she told me that she wanted sex in the
worst way. I had no idea that she meant standing up in a hammock.
(rimshot)
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> >> Ask the person sitting next to you.

> > First you have to find someone!

> Didn't you say you are married?

In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
traditional family value. Look it up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Hi Don,
> >>
> >> I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
> >> will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
> >> resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
> >> they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
> >> with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.
> >>
> >> And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
> >> to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
> >> It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
> >> to share it with all my eFriends.
> >>
> >> Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
> >> on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
> >> thing -- too.)
> >>
> >> -T

> > Ask the person sitting next to you.
> >

> Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
> sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
> that's good for you.

No, no, no, you can't keep coddling Knoblauchphobes. It's time for them
to grow up, and eat their Knoblauchs like men.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/18/2013 04:41 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> > On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:

> >> Ask the person sitting next to you.
> >>

> > Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
> > sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
> > that's good for you.

> Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)

Flüssiges Brot über alles.

(À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)

Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Alcohol frees the body from the tyranny of the mind.

Boy, a nice tall glass of garlic would be good now.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 11:07 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
>> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>>
>> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
>> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
> to deal with that kind of a daemon.

You are right, of course. She *is* a waste of time, but she doesn't do
"it" on purpose: she really is way out there.

Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

The folks on this group
> are a blessing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 3:41 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/2013 2:50 PM, Billy wrote:

>>> Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?
>>>

>> Sex, *or* something interesting?
>> What a weird choice.

> Busting my chops again? "Else" is implied,

Looks like you are having problems detecting non-serious comments
without a winkey.

but why wouldn't you want to
> talk about something interesting. It is obvious the lines have been
> draw, the wagons have been circled, and bunker mentality has set in.

And there's nothing you can do about it?

> I met a girl last night, and she told me that she wanted sex in the
> worst way. I had no idea that she meant standing up in a hammock.

I got that. No emoticon necessary.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 4:23 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:

>>> Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
>>> sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
>>> that's good for you.

>> Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)

> Flüssiges Brot über alles.

Flüssiges Brot?
I prefer Hopfenblütentee.

> (À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)
>
> Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Herausgeworfenes is one word.
Echt!

> Alcohol frees the body from the tyranny of the mind.
>

> Boy, a nice tall glass of garlic would be good now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 2:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
>>> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>>>
>>> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
>>> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

>> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
>> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
>> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
>> to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
>> are a blessing.

> No. I don't like to pick fights.

Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
to understand simple English.

But I also don't like false information.

One more time: WHAT false information?

> Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
> they are eating a food that contains it

"People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
plenty of sodium.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 2:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
>>> You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?
>>>
>>> I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
>>> So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

>> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
>> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
>> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
>> to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
>> are a blessing.

> No. I don't like to pick fights.

Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
to understand simple English.

But I also don't like false information.

One more time: WHAT false information?

> Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
> they are eating a food that contains it

"People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
plenty of sodium, so there's no need for additional salt.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/18/2013 2:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
> >> likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
> >> Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
> >> to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
> >> are a blessing.

> > No. I don't like to pick fights.

> Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
> to understand simple English.
>
> But I also don't like false information.
>
> One more time: WHAT false information?
>
> > Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
> > they are eating a food that contains it
> >

> "People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
> usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
> plenty of sodium.

Déjà vû, all over again!!
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/18/2013 4:23 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)

> > Flüssiges Brot über alles.
> >

> Flüssiges Brot?
> I prefer Hopfenblütentee.

Any thing like an Lagunitas IPA?

> > (À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)
> >
> > Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.
> >

> Herausgeworfenes is one word.

In Hamburg?
> Echt!

Gesundheit!

> > Alcohol frees the body from the tyranny of the mind.
> >

> > Boy, a nice tall glass of garlic would be good now.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:

>> > No. I don't like to pick fights.

>> Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
>> to understand simple English.
>>
>> But I also don't like false information.
>>
>> One more time: WHAT false information?

That experts tell us to avoid sodium. They don't!

>> > Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say
>> > that
>> > they are eating a food that contains it
>> >

>> "People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
>> usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
>> plenty of sodium.

That is not what was said at all. And Todd said that he was avoiding MSG
and then went on to say that he was eating various foods and those foods
contain natural MSG! This is the kind of thing that annoys me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
> have problems comprehending basic English...

Hi Don,

Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
give me a pass. Works out nicely.

They are nice people who help others, including me,
that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
See Matthew 25: 35-46.

I rather enjoy their friendship.

Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.

They are good cooks.

Did I miss anything?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> > Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
> > who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
> > have problems comprehending basic English...

> Hi Don,
>
> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>
> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>
> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>
> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>
> They are good cooks.
>
> Did I miss anything?
>
> -T

Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
communicated. If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
would probably far fewer posts.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
> can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
fellow.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 3:51 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:

>>> First you have to find someone!

>> Didn't you say you are married?

> In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
> to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
> traditional family value. Look it up.

Naah.
But maybe you can tell us how you learned that someone "sitting next to
you" and "chaining someone to a chair" are synonyms.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 10:47 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:
>
>> On 6/18/2013 4:23 PM, Billy wrote:

>>> Flüssiges Brot über alles.
>>>

>> Flüssiges Brot?
>> I prefer Hopfenblütentee.

> Any thing like an Lagunitas IPA?

Nope.

>>> (À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)
>>>
>>> Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.
>>>

>> Herausgeworfenes is one word.

> In Hamburg?

Yep. And in Berlin and Munich. Vienna and Zuerich too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/18/2013 3:51 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Don Roberto > wrote:

> >> Didn't you say you are married?

> > In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
> > to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
> > traditional family value. Look it up.
> >

> Naah.
> But maybe you can tell us how you learned that someone "sitting next to
> you" and "chaining someone to a chair" are synonyms.

Why would you think that because someone is married that his wife would
be sitting next to him all the time?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> > Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> > but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
> > can only think of one other in the group like that.

> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
> fellow.

Sympathy for the Devil?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/19/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

>> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
>> fellow.

> Sympathy for the Devil?

:-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 10:35 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
>> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
>> have problems comprehending basic English...

> Hi Don,
>
> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>
> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>
> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>
> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>
> They are good cooks.
>
> Did I miss anything?

Yep. Matthew 25: 31-34

And while we are quoting the Good Book:
About your judgement of Julie: There's Mathew 7:1 or Luke 6:36, if you
prefer.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/16/2013 12:55 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

> Hi Don,
>
> Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
> It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
> the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
> She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
> I just ignore her and don't respond to her.
>
>> What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
>> without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
>> before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

> The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
> and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
> mistake of taking Julie at her word.

At least Julie read the first few sentences. She misunderstood them.
Your friends OTOH didn't even bother to read them at all but had no
problem passing judgement on the author.
As for them being good cooks - have you ever eaten their dishes?

When you think about, they
> probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
> articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
> Mark was refuting them.
>
> It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
> (and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
> for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)
>
> I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
> research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
> with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
> wife came up with:
>
> "Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
> potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
> experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
> to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"
>
> By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
> rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
> for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
> "for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
> were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
> hours.
>
> -T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
>>> who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
>>> have problems comprehending basic English...

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
>> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
>> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
>>
>> They are nice people who help others, including me,
>> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
>> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
>>
>> I rather enjoy their friendship.
>>
>> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
>>
>> They are good cooks.
>>
>> Did I miss anything?
>>
>> -T

> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
other posters, you've got me figured out.

> can only think of one other in the group like that.
>
> We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
> communicated.

Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.

If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
> would probably far fewer posts.

Quantity über alles, eh?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 1:03 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

> We all get a little frustrated at times.

Yep. Ignoramuses and phoneys *do* frustrate me a little at times.

He seems like a good
> fellow.

As good as they get...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.

>> We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
>> fellow.

> Sympathy for the Devil?

Take a cue from Todd. Try to be nice.
It won't hurt you. Promise.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Don Roberto > wrote:

> On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:

> >> Hi Don,
> >>
> >> Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
> >> They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
> >> give me a pass. Works out nicely.
> >>
> >> They are nice people who help others, including me,
> >> that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
> >> See Matthew 25: 35-46.
> >>
> >> I rather enjoy their friendship.
> >>
> >> Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.
> >>
> >> They are good cooks.
> >>
> >> Did I miss anything?
> >>
> >> -T

> > Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
> > but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

> If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
> other posters, you've got me figured out.

> > can only think of one other in the group like that.
> >
> > We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
> > communicated.

> Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.
>
> If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
> > would probably far fewer posts.
> >

> Quantity über alles, eh?

Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer, I believe it's called banter, and its
function is to build community. If we want streß, we can take a class,
or go to work.

How did you get to be so anally retentive?

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
way."
- Thomas Jefferson

Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
orthography?

Lighten up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> Mathew 7:1

Hi Don,

Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Mathew 7:1

> Hi Don,
>
> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>
> Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

Excellent suggestion.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:
>
>> On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:

>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

>> If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
>> other posters, you've got me figured out.

>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.
>>>
>>> We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
>>> communicated.

>> Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.
>>
>> If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
>>> would probably far fewer posts.
>>>

>> Quantity über alles, eh?

> Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer,

Don't you even know how to do Umlaute?

I believe it's called banter, and its
> function is to build community.

It's wasting time given that usenet is about as useless as it gets as
far as building communities goes.

If we want streß, we can take a class,
> or go to work.

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who enjoy both taking classes
and working. And *we* don't get "streßed" out by things we like to do.

> How did you get to be so anally retentive?

By being called that by an anally expulsive person who has no clue the
terms are as ridiculous and thus as discredited as the pseudo healer who
coined them?

> "I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
> way."
> - Thomas Jefferson

Not even old TC was perfect :-(

> Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
> a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
> orthography?

Do you always mistreat newbies when they don't conform to your ideas of
building a community?

> Lighten up.

Good advice. Follow it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 7:34 PM, pavane wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Mathew 7:1

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
>> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>>
>> Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

> Excellent suggestion.

Eat you heart out:

http://tinyurl.com/lzrf7og
http://tinyurl.com/klcj7vz

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message

> Eat you heart out:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/lzrf7og
> http://tinyurl.com/klcj7vz

It should actually be "blow your heart up."

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 3:55 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> Mathew 7:1

> Hi Don,
>
> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

I'm not into wasting time reading drawn out explanations of very simple
sentences I have no problem understanding.

Just like I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what
Christ commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46. THAT was his
and his man Mathew's job: our job is to ACTUALLY *DO* what He commanded.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/22/2013 6:01 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
>
>> Eat you heart out:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/lzrf7og
>> http://tinyurl.com/klcj7vz

> It should actually be "blow your heart up."
>
> Cheri

All 3,370,000 "great recipes"?
Or didn't you get past the pictures?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/23/2013 02:20 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> On 6/21/2013 3:55 PM, Todd wrote:
>> On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> Mathew 7:1

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
>> http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm
>>

> I'm not into wasting time reading drawn out explanations of very simple
> sentences I have no problem understanding.
>
> Just like I'm not into wasting time talking and writing about what
> Christ commanded his disciples to do in Mathew 25: 31-46. THAT was his
> and his man Mathew's job: our job is to ACTUALLY *DO* what He commanded.

Doers of the word rather than just hearers of the word.
This is good advice.

It is easier to be a doer if you do not make the huge
mistake of taking a single sentence or a sentence fragment
out of context with the rest of the paragraph. This is why
I gave you the link explaining what was going on with the
fragment you quoted.

What you missed in Matthew 7:1-5 was not to "never" judge,
you must judge to survive, but how to judge. Clean
up your own act first before judging others. When I made
the judgment that I did not want Julie's daemon in my life,
and what you saw in this thread was only minor, I had
made sure I did not do to others or her what she was doing to me
first. Do you see me jumping to conclusions, accusing
anyone of being "anti woman", threating to beat them up
in an alley, deliberately taking things out of context,
even when corrected by others? Do you see me telling
others they are "stuck on stupid" (that was one of yours)?
I am ready to be judged on the matter.

You must judge to survive. The fragment you quoted is
often thrown in other faces by extremely judgmental
people who don't want to hear that they are doing
something nasty by others. There is a difference between
common judgment and righteous judgment. Read the link.

-T

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 02:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM