Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Don Roberto Don Roberto is offline

Default nice article on salt

On 6/21/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Roberto > wrote:
>
>> On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:

>>> Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
>>> but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters.

>> If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
>> other posters, you've got me figured out.

>>> can only think of one other in the group like that.
>>>
>>> We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
>>> communicated.

>> Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.
>>
>> If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
>>> would probably far fewer posts.
>>>

>> Quantity über alles, eh?

> Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer,

Don't you even know how to do Umlaute?

I believe it's called banter, and its
> function is to build community.

It's wasting time given that usenet is about as useless as it gets as
far as building communities goes.

If we want streß, we can take a class,
> or go to work.

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who enjoy both taking classes
and working. And *we* don't get "streßed" out by things we like to do.

> How did you get to be so anally retentive?

By being called that by an anally expulsive person who has no clue the
terms are as ridiculous and thus as discredited as the pseudo healer who
coined them?

> "I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
> way."
> - Thomas Jefferson

Not even old TC was perfect :-(

> Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
> a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
> orthography?

Do you always mistreat newbies when they don't conform to your ideas of
building a community?

> Lighten up.

Good advice. Follow it.