Old 14-06-2013, 11:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T

Old 14-06-2013, 11:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
they claim to be the expert at

Old 15-06-2013, 03:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all
the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
not *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
for most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
avoid salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever
it is they claim to be the expert at

Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.

pavane

Old 15-06-2013, 03:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

I do not like the author at all. He smacks of Kevin Trudeau to me. That
shyster who has hawked a bunch of crap on TV and went to jail for it. One
of which was the "cure all" "medical" book or his books to make people money
that included in the title, "They Don't Want You To Know". As if there are
these people lurking out there who have all the answers to everything but
are keeping them to themselves. Oh but Kevin will tell you for a price!
Just buy his book or course or whatever.

I don't know if Mark is actually selling something but I'm not going to poke
around on his website or blog or whatever it is to find out. But it does
sound like he is trying to frighten people for no real reason.

Old 15-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
"Todd" lid wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
they claim to be the expert at
Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to die fairly rapidly.

Old 15-06-2013, 11:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"bigwheel" wrote in message

'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
...-

(
[...]

Yes. My friend said she was at the Drs. office once and there was a man in
there on death's door. Why? For some reason his wife thought he should eat
a no salt diet and was feeding him nothing but boneless, skinless chicken
breast, steamed white rice and a few steamed vegetables. No salt and no fat
aside from the tiny amount in the chicken. Not only was he very underweight
and malnourished but suffering from the lack of sodium. She said she heard
the Dr. say that his heart was barely beating. Mind you this woman took it
upon herself to do this. They were both elderly. Dr. sent her to a
dietician.

Old 15-06-2013, 01:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 3:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized".

He *doesn't* say that.
What he wrote was:
I can’t think of a nutrient that’s been so universally maligned and demonized as salt.

Learn how to read *and* comprehend more than a couple of sentences at
the time because...

And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.

....if you'd have read the whole article, you'd know the author isn't
telling anyone to avoid salt.

Old 15-06-2013, 02:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

Wrong, Bubba!
It's one thing to not read a story, another to not comprehend it, but
there's nothing like neither reading nor comprehending a story but
commenting on how "eloquent" another person's totally warped response to
the story is.

Folks that dont have salt tend to
die fairly rapidly.

Duh!

Old 15-06-2013, 02:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 7:17 PM, pavane wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Did *you* read the article?
Old 15-06-2013, 03:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, of course. Oh, I see. That was inconsiderate of me.
If there are any particular words or phrases in the article
that are confusing to you, many of us will be glad to help
you with your comprehension. Or you could revert to such
proven aids as dictionary.com. There is no reason for you
to be intellectually barren in the internet age.

pavane

Old 15-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
"bigwheel" wrote in message

'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
;1840616']"Todd"
lid wrote in message
...-
[...]

Yes women are dangerous...lol.
Old 15-06-2013, 11:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/14/2013 07:17 PM, pavane wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Pavane,

You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
though. Sometimes do the same thing and put my foot in my mouth
much worse than you just did. I will write an impassioned
rebuttal -- some of my better stuff too -- just to get told
to read this and that sentence a little closer.
But when you are among friends (eFriends count too), it's okay:
and you will just get ribbed a little.

It article was was really, really well done. It was a masterfully
well done critique of the low salt crowd. In first section is
described the the low salt crowd and named named. Gave their
slogans too:
The American Diabetes Association: Be Sodium Savvy
The American Heart Association: Shaking the Salt Habit
The American Dietetic Association" Slice Your Sodium Intake
He named named.

In the second section, he went into where they got all their bad
information. That would be the study he referenced on the Yanomami
of the Amazon. They had low sodium and low blood pressure young and
old. He goes on to say why the study was fatally flawed. You
then have to go to do another study on the same circumstances,
except high sodium and see what you get. One was done on the
Kuna of Panama. High sodium and low blood pressure. Sodium
was not the culprit.

He then proceeded to RIP the low sodium crowd a new one with study
after study, including one on Diabetes.

You ave got to re-read his article. And yes he write a lot of self
help stuff. He is very good at what he does. And he backs it
all up. And I did not sigh up for his news letter for over six months
and I double checked every thing he writes. He knows what he is talking
about.

It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.

-T

Old 16-06-2013, 12:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message

It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.

-T

Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL

Cheri

Old 16-06-2013, 12:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

Hi Bigwheel,

Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
a pass when I screw up too.

-T

Old 16-06-2013, 02:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Quit talking nonsense and _show me_ where the author said _he_ was in
favor of low or no sodium as Julie has claimed.

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM