Old 17-06-2013, 10:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

-T

Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Old 17-06-2013, 10:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Cheri" wrote:

"Don Roberto" wrote in message
On 6/15/2013 4:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message

It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.

-T

Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL

Quit trying to be funny.
You're not very good at it.

I see you're not content to screw up just one newsgroup with your nonsense.
You've had so many socks that one would think you would be good at it by
now, but you're not... you're still an asshole.

Cheri

Cheri

Is there a proctologist in the house?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:05 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
(I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!

Old 17-06-2013, 11:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Experts are not telling us to avoid salt!

Another thing that is very different on planet Earth than they are on
the planet where Julie lives.

Please give one example (cite) were experts tell us to *avoid* salt. Keep
in mind that avoiding salt is not the same thing as watching our sodium
intake.

Old 18-06-2013, 07:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

I'm not!

Make that 2 of us. ;O)
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 18-06-2013, 07:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

I'm not!

Make that 2 of us. ;O)

And I will continue to reply to his nonsensical posts. He can't stop me
from doing that.

Old 18-06-2013, 07:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/16/2013 2:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

Hi Don,

Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
And what he said at the beginning *are* blatant lies.

You really are tuck on stupid.

What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

No need to read the article when it starts out as lies.

The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
mistake of taking Julie at her word. When you think about, they
probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
Mark was refuting them.

They don't have to take me at my word. Marks words are right out there and
they are lies! Experts are not telling us to avoid salt! Some experts
might say to watch the sodium level in the foods that we eat. Why? Because
most people do eat things like condensed soup and frozen meals. And those
things can be super high in sodium.

It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
(and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)

I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
wife came up with:

"Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

But there's the lie! The *experts* aren't telling you this! Mark is just
telling you that they are. Why do you need someone to tell you things like
this anyway? There is an RDA for all vitamins and minerals. It's easy
enough to run your foods and drinks through the Cron-O-Meter or some such
thing to see if you are getting too much of something or not enough. Or
even get a blood test when it comes to things like potassium.

By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
"for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
hours.

Whatever! That doesn't even make sense!

Old 18-06-2013, 12:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Old 18-06-2013, 12:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 2:50 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

-T

Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?

Sex, *or* something interesting?
What a weird choice.

Old 18-06-2013, 12:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
though.

No, it's not ok.
I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
which they pull out of their butts.

Hi Don,

I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.

And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
to share it with all my eFriends.

Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Ask the person sitting next to you.

Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
that's good for you.
Old 18-06-2013, 12:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 3:05 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
(I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!

Didn't you say you are married?
Old 18-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 06/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
...-
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
(
Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple)

-T-

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low

sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is

they claim to be the expert at

Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
die fairly rapidly.

Hi Bigwheel,

Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
a pass when I screw up too.

-T
Ok well if he is in favor of salt I guess we can get along. I do not have time to read each wordy link which happens to pop up. I give passes for everything.
Old 18-06-2013, 06:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)
Old 18-06-2013, 07:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
are a blessing.

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM