Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cabbage Seasoning

Hi All,

I love my Cabbage. Thee tiny or one large head in my
6L pressure cooker. Salt. Drizzle with organic Olive
Oil. 6 Minutes at the high ring. Feast!

Problem. If I don't come up with some variations,
I am going to get really tired of the stuff soon.

I tried the purple stuff, but it is messy and tasteless.

You guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: Hi All,

: I love my Cabbage. Thee tiny or one large head in my
: 6L pressure cooker. Salt. Drizzle with organic Olive
: Oil. 6 Minutes at the high ring. Feast!

: Problem. If I don't come up with some variations,
: I am going to get really tired of the stuff soon.

: I tried the purple stuff, but it is messy and tasteless.

: You guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings?

: Many thanks,
: -T

I make a fake asian cabbage recipe in the microwave that you might try.
Shred cabbage ad thinly slice some onions put in a microwave dish with a
good cover(or use plastic wrap). add some soy sauce, ginger, either fresh
grated or if lazy, or have to use it up some powdered. Gaarlic or garlic
poder and some black pepper , freshly grated and a dollop of Asian sesame
oil and microwave until kind of crisp tender, not all soggy. It is just
not precise as I invented it in a glug and dump fashion.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/28/2013 05:05 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : Hi All,
>
> : I love my Cabbage. Thee tiny or one large head in my
> : 6L pressure cooker. Salt. Drizzle with organic Olive
> : Oil. 6 Minutes at the high ring. Feast!
>
> : Problem. If I don't come up with some variations,
> : I am going to get really tired of the stuff soon.
>
> : I tried the purple stuff, but it is messy and tasteless.
>
> : You guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings?
>
> : Many thanks,
> : -T
>
> I make a fake asian cabbage recipe in the microwave that you might try.
> Shred cabbage ad thinly slice some onions put in a microwave dish with a
> good cover(or use plastic wrap). add some soy sauce, ginger, either fresh
> grated or if lazy, or have to use it up some powdered. Gaarlic or garlic
> poder and some black pepper , freshly grated and a dollop of Asian sesame
> oil and microwave until kind of crisp tender, not all soggy. It is just
> not precise as I invented it in a glug and dump fashion.
>
> Wendy

Cool. Thank you!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/28/2013 05:05 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> add some soy sauce

Do you have a source of Soy Sauce that is not full of
Sugar/Carbs/excytotoxins (MSG, Yeast Extract)?

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All, I love my Cabbage. ou guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings? Many thanks,
-T
Hey Todd. Bacon and onion were made for cabbage. Never bothered to break out the pressure cooker for it. Big skillet or pot with a lid works well. My favorite is a variant of this with a splash of Braggs Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to give a little character.

Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Red (purplecabbage does well when given the Germanic treatment. Very tasty.

Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 01/28/2013 05:05 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > add some soy sauce

: Do you have a source of Soy Sauce that is not full of
: Sugar/Carbs/excytotoxins (MSG, Yeast Extract)?
I just use soy sauce and have no issues. When I had to watch slt(which I
don't have to now) I would use lower sodium soy sauce and I didn't eat dil
pickles.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/29/2013 08:22 AM, bigwheel wrote:
> Todd;1808202 Wrote:
>> Hi All, I love my Cabbage. ou guys have any favorite cabbage
>> seasonings? Many thanks,
>> -T

> Hey Todd. Bacon and onion were made for cabbage. Never bothered to break
> out the pressure cooker for it. Big skillet or pot with a lid works
> well. My favorite is a variant of this with a splash of Braggs Raw
> Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to give a little character.
>
> 'Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
> (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southern-fried-cabbage/)
>
> Red (purplecabbage does well when given the Germanic treatment. Very
> tasty.
>
> 'Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
> (http://tinyurl.com/bzwowe8)

Awesome! Thank you!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 01:57:41 UTC+1, Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I love my Cabbage. Thee tiny or one large head in my
>
> 6L pressure cooker. Salt. Drizzle with organic Olive
>
> Oil. 6 Minutes at the high ring. Feast!
>

> Problem. If I don't come up with some variations,
>
> I am going to get really tired of the stuff soon.
>

> I tried the purple stuff, but it is messy and tasteless.
>

> You guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> -T

Pressure cook the cabbage with beer, instad of water.

Or.. make a meal out of it - throw some pork chops on top.

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/20...ork-chops.html

Ciao,

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

[quote=Todd; Awesome! Thank you![/QUOTE]

You mighty welcome Sir..holler any old time.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 01/29/2013 08:22 AM, bigwheel wrote:
>> Todd;1808202 Wrote:
>>> Hi All, I love my Cabbage. ou guys have any favorite cabbage
>>> seasonings? Many thanks,
>>> -T

>> Hey Todd. Bacon and onion were made for cabbage. Never bothered to break
>> out the pressure cooker for it. Big skillet or pot with a lid works
>> well. My favorite is a variant of this with a splash of Braggs Raw
>> Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to give a little character.
>>
>> 'Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>> (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southern-fried-cabbage/)
>>
>> Red (purplecabbage does well when given the Germanic treatment. Very
>> tasty.
>>
>> 'Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/bzwowe8)

> Awesome! Thank you!

I love cabbage bacon and onions.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/30/2013 09:05 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hey Todd. Bacon and onion were made for cabbage. Never bothered to break
>>> out the pressure cooker for it. Big skillet or pot with a lid works
>>> well. My favorite is a variant of this with a splash of Braggs Raw
>>> Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to give a little character.
>>>
>>> 'Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>>> (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southern-fried-cabbage/)
>>>
>>> Red (purplecabbage does well when given the Germanic treatment. Very
>>> tasty.
>>>
>>> 'Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage Recipe - Allrecipes.com'
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/bzwowe8)

>> Awesome! Thank you!
>>

> I love cabbage bacon and onions.

Hi Jacquie,

Thank you!

Now that I am enjoying my food again, I have a hard time not
yelling "I WANT IT ALL!"

This cabbage, bacon, and onions sounds so good. Just wrote
cabbage on my shopping list -- Raley's has some nice organic ones.

Question: I have the option at Trader Joe's of three different
kinds of Bacon (well more, but these would be ones I'd buy):

Precooked (uncured)
Raw Pieces (uncured)
Raw (uncured)

The precooked is easier to handle, as no onerous hand washing.
I am thinking of just dumping the bacon down the pressure
cooker. Maybe browning it a bit before dumping the cabbage
after it. Have to brown the onions anyway.

What would you do?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/30/2013 01:31 AM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 01:57:41 UTC+1, Todd wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I love my Cabbage. Thee tiny or one large head in my
>>
>> 6L pressure cooker. Salt. Drizzle with organic Olive
>>
>> Oil. 6 Minutes at the high ring. Feast!
>>

>> Problem. If I don't come up with some variations,
>>
>> I am going to get really tired of the stuff soon.
>>

>> I tried the purple stuff, but it is messy and tasteless.
>>

>> You guys have any favorite cabbage seasonings?
>>

>> Many thanks,
>>
>> -T

> Pressure cook the cabbage with beer, instad of water.
>
> Or.. make a meal out of it - throw some pork chops on top.

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/20...ork-chops.html

> Ciao,

Hi L,

I am really interested in the recipe on the link. I won't be making
a gravy -- probably just use the juice. Put chops on the shopping list.

Every time I have tried to cook pork chops, they have come out
so, so dry I could not stand them. Hopefully, this method
will fix that problem. (I have to get my fat up too, so
I stop dieting by accident.)

What do you look for when you buy a chop? Any obvious signs of fat?

Also, in the recipe, he said to only brown one side? Any idea
what that is about?

Many thanks,
-T

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 05:12 PM
Seasoning Mix sf[_9_] General Cooking 11 06-06-2015 05:03 PM
Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls [email protected] General Cooking 18 06-12-2008 04:58 PM
seasoning a wok Jen General Cooking 5 06-10-2005 10:44 PM
Need Help on Name of Seasoning Dobbs Sushi 4 01-12-2004 10:01 PM