Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default New Quick and Dirty Dish

Hi everybody! Last night I made someting so simple and good I thought I'd
pass it along I am sure it could be improved with a bit of olive oil
perhaps some nutmeg orother spices and herbs, but i didn't feel like
bothering to fuss with anything and i had all this spinach and Feta
cheese.

Spinach ann Feta

Alarge bunch of fresh spinach, well washed
several handfulls of crumbles Feta
fresh tomatoes(I used a large handful of grape sized tomatoes split)
Greshly ground black pepper to taste

Put the spinach in a very large microwave cooking dish and zap until well
softened and shrunken, but still recognizeable as spinach leaves. while
this is zapping, put some of the feta and blacke pepper in the bottom of
the serving dish. place some of the spinach on top along with some of the
tomatoes and stir ab it. Repeat layers until you run out of spinach. I
did 3. Take your fork and just snjoy!

I came out really very good and no real cooking or fussing, which was
great for me and it made up my whole dinner with teh addition of half an
American persimmon that ws nice and ribe.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Hi everybody! Last night I made someting so simple and good I thought I'd
> pass it along I am sure it could be improved with a bit of olive oil
> perhaps some nutmeg orother spices and herbs, but i didn't feel like
> bothering to fuss with anything and i had all this spinach and Feta
> cheese.
>
> Spinach ann Feta
>
> Alarge bunch of fresh spinach, well washed
> several handfulls of crumbles Feta
> fresh tomatoes(I used a large handful of grape sized tomatoes split)
> Greshly ground black pepper to taste
>
> Put the spinach in a very large microwave cooking dish and zap until well
> softened and shrunken, but still recognizeable as spinach leaves. while
> this is zapping, put some of the feta and blacke pepper in the bottom of
> the serving dish. place some of the spinach on top along with some of the
> tomatoes and stir ab it. Repeat layers until you run out of spinach. I
> did 3. Take your fork and just snjoy!
>
> I came out really very good and no real cooking or fussing, which was
> great for me and it made up my whole dinner with teh addition of half an
> American persimmon that ws nice and ribe.
>
> Wendy

That sounds really good Wendy, sometimes I like quick and easy a lot!

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Hi everybody! Last night I made someting so simple and good I thought I'd
: > pass it along I am sure it could be improved with a bit of olive oil
: > perhaps some nutmeg orother spices and herbs, but i didn't feel like
: > bothering to fuss with anything and i had all this spinach and Feta
: > cheese.
: >
: > Spinach ann Feta
: >
[...]

When cooking for one it is great to have such meals as there is too much
of a tendancy tojust kine of collect crap and call it a meal. If I do
something like baked chicken dishes I generally make at least 2 pieces so
I have it for at least 2 days. sometimes I just lovehavign someone over
becuase it gives me a chance to cook some real adn delicious healthy food,
which I actually enjoy/ I also often do easy eggplant dishes and use that
for 2 days as half a medium eggplant makes a nice amount for a dinner. I
find it often easier to make a vegetable dish like that then to make a
meat or fish and vegetable meal when it is just me.

On something entirely different. today I received a large set of
professional photos taken of my husband in around 2006, when he was all
himself atas illustrations for an interview he had byt some trumpeters
from the Chicago Symphony. as the photos were professional they caught
the absolute essence of my husband at that time and on one of the happiest
days of his old age. He had respectful young men interviewing him and
asking him about his young years in the Sympnony and he got to relive his
youth. the pictures just capture him so well Of course, I wept when I
looked at them, but they are , for me, a great treasure I will cherish.
So glad they were found.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> On something entirely different. today I received a large set of
> professional photos taken of my husband in around 2006, when he was all
> himself atas illustrations for an interview he had byt some trumpeters
> from the Chicago Symphony. as the photos were professional they caught
> the absolute essence of my husband at that time and on one of the happiest
> days of his old age. He had respectful young men interviewing him and
> asking him about his young years in the Sympnony and he got to relive his
> youth. the pictures just capture him so well Of course, I wept when I
> looked at them, but they are , for me, a great treasure I will cherish.
> So glad they were found.
>
> Wendy

What a wonderful gift for you Wendy! Were you expecting them or were they
one of those rare surprises?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...

[...]

A rare surprise. I remembered that they had been taken but had no idea
why they never showed up , even in the artile about Syd in the
Internationsl Trumpet Guild Journal, whic did have the one phote I had
seen as it had been sent to me.

It came as a total surprise and a delightful one at that.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Cheri > wrote:
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
>
> : > On something entirely different. today I received a large set of
> : > professional photos taken of my husband in around 2006, when he was
> all
> : > himself atas illustrations for an interview he had byt some trumpeters
> : > from the Chicago Symphony. as the photos were professional they
> caught
> : > the absolute essence of my husband at that time and on one of the
> happiest
> : > days of his old age. He had respectful young men interviewing him and
> : > asking him about his young years in the Sympnony and he got to relive
> his
> : > youth. the pictures just capture him so well Of course, I wept when
> : > looked at them, but they are , for me, a great treasure I will
> cherish.
> : > So glad they were found.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>

> : What a wonderful gift for you Wendy! Were you expecting them or were
> they
> : one of those rare surprises?
>
> : Cheri
>
> A rare surprise. I remembered that they had been taken but had no idea
> why they never showed up , even in the artile about Syd in the
> Internationsl Trumpet Guild Journal, whic did have the one phote I had
> seen as it had been sent to me.
>
> It came as a total surprise and a delightful one at that.
>
> Wendy

That makes it especially wonderful.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

> Hi everybody! Last night I made someting so simple and good I thought I'd
> pass it along I am sure it could be improved with a bit of olive oil
> perhaps some nutmeg orother spices and herbs, but i didn't feel like
> bothering to fuss with anything and i had all this spinach and Feta
> cheese.
>
> Spinach ann Feta
>
> Alarge bunch of fresh spinach, well washed
> several handfulls of crumbles Feta
> fresh tomatoes(I used a large handful of grape sized tomatoes split)
> Greshly ground black pepper to taste
>
> Put the spinach in a very large microwave cooking dish and zap until well
> softened and shrunken, but still recognizeable as spinach leaves. while
> this is zapping, put some of the feta and blacke pepper in the bottom of
> the serving dish. place some of the spinach on top along with some of the
> tomatoes and stir ab it. Repeat layers until you run out of spinach. I
> did 3. Take your fork and just snjoy!
>
> I came out really very good and no real cooking or fussing, which was
> great for me and it made up my whole dinner with teh addition of half an
> American persimmon that ws nice and ribe.
>
> Wendy

Thanks! (makes note in shopping list)

quick/dirty beef stew notbob General Cooking 0 18-01-2013 05:12 AM
Quick and dirty lunch Ozgirl Diabetic 0 11-05-2010 03:46 AM
Quick and dirty soup! Ozgirl Diabetic 143 26-12-2009 12:03 AM
Quick and dirty fish recipe. W. Baker Diabetic 13 04-03-2008 02:50 AM
Quick & Dirty Wild Rice Soup jmcquown General Cooking 1 11-10-2007 06:01 PM