Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default banana pudding help.

ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this is
not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a sugar
free or carb reduced version.

the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both ok,
it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after we
have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be done
through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish will
be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will not
have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...

Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Storrmmee" > wrote:

> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this is
> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a sugar
> free or carb reduced version.
>
> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both ok,
> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after we
> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be done
> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish will
> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will not
> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>
> Lee

Bananas - Dehydrated - (1 cup) 88 c
Bananas - Raw - (1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)) 28 c

I think it's the bananas are the problem. My doc says eat them with some
protein, but I don't know what kind you could add
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i know the pudding should be made with a sweetener, i was wondering about
using whey powder in the pudding, and i also thought about greek yogurt as
part of the pudding as the protien seems a bit higher than most other dairy
items, Lee
"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
>> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this
>> is
>> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
>> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
>> sugar
>> free or carb reduced version.
>>
>> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
>> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both
>> ok,
>> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after
>> we
>> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
>> done
>> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
>> will
>> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
>> not
>> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>>
>> Lee

> Bananas - Dehydrated - (1 cup) 88 c
> Bananas - Raw - (1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)) 28 c
>
> I think it's the bananas are the problem. My doc says eat them with some
> protein, but I don't know what kind you could add

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 4/7/2011 6:11 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this is
> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a sugar
> free or carb reduced version.
>
> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both ok,
> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after we
> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be done
> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish will
> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will not
> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>
> Lee

\
Lee,

Unfortunately, this is just not a dish that can be made
Diabetic-friendly. The main ingredients of pudding are milk and corn
starch, two very carbohydrate laden products. Add the vanilla wafers,
which do not come in a low-carb version, then add bananas which are a
whopping 30 grams per banana (average size).

Even a small serving of banana pudding can use up an entire meal's carb
allowance for many Diabetics.

Pudding, even sugar-free versions is not something that should be in a
diabetic's diet if he or she is really watching their carbohydrate intake.

I am reminded of my DH's mother who was highly insulted that he didn't
want a heaping bowl full of her sugar-free pudding that she made with
skim milk.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that is a big part of the reason i asked here, we don't use premade pudding
of anykind and rarely make puddings from scratch, when we do its chocolate,
thanks, Lee
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 4/7/2011 6:11 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this
>> is
>> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
>> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
>> sugar
>> free or carb reduced version.
>>
>> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
>> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both
>> ok,
>> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after
>> we
>> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
>> done
>> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
>> will
>> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
>> not
>> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>>
>> Lee
>>

> \
> Lee,
>
> Unfortunately, this is just not a dish that can be made Diabetic-friendly.
> The main ingredients of pudding are milk and corn starch, two very
> carbohydrate laden products. Add the vanilla wafers, which do not come in
> a low-carb version, then add bananas which are a whopping 30 grams per
> banana (average size).
>
> Even a small serving of banana pudding can use up an entire meal's carb
> allowance for many Diabetics.
>
> Pudding, even sugar-free versions is not something that should be in a
> diabetic's diet if he or she is really watching their carbohydrate intake.
>
> I am reminded of my DH's mother who was highly insulted that he didn't
> want a heaping bowl full of her sugar-free pudding that she made with skim
> milk.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
>> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this
>> is
>> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
>> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
>> sugar
>> free or carb reduced version.
>>
>> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
>> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both
>> ok,
>> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after
>> we
>> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
>> done
>> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
>> will
>> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
>> not
>> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>>
>> Lee

> Bananas - Dehydrated - (1 cup) 88 c
> Bananas - Raw - (1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)) 28 c
>
> I think it's the bananas are the problem. My doc says eat them with some
> protein, but I don't know what kind you could add

Agree with you there. Perhaps you could do a sugar free vanilla pudding and
add banana flavor?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 4/7/2011 6:11 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this
>> is
>> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
>> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
>> sugar
>> free or carb reduced version.
>>
>> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
>> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both
>> ok,
>> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after
>> we
>> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
>> done
>> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
>> will
>> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
>> not
>> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>>
>> Lee
>>

> \
> Lee,
>
> Unfortunately, this is just not a dish that can be made Diabetic-friendly.
> The main ingredients of pudding are milk and corn starch, two very
> carbohydrate laden products. Add the vanilla wafers, which do not come in
> a low-carb version, then add bananas which are a whopping 30 grams per
> banana (average size).
>
> Even a small serving of banana pudding can use up an entire meal's carb
> allowance for many Diabetics.
>
> Pudding, even sugar-free versions is not something that should be in a
> diabetic's diet if he or she is really watching their carbohydrate intake.
>
> I am reminded of my DH's mother who was highly insulted that he didn't
> want a heaping bowl full of her sugar-free pudding that she made with skim
> milk.

When I was pregnant, the dietician insisted that I eat 5 servings of fruit
per day or I would harm the baby. I was never able to do that. If I was
lucky I could get in one serving. The baby came out fine.

I did get a recipe in a nasty diabetic cookbook that used sugar free vanilla
pudding. I can't remember now if it was the instant one of the kind you
have to cook. I vaguely remember cooking it. It was mixed with a red
Jell-O and then berries were added. The end result was supposed to be like
a pie filling. I don't really like Jell-O, pudding or pie but somehow the
combination of these things made it possible for me to manage to eat a few
bites. The carb count wasn't overly high because I dished it out into
little disposable cups. In the beginning I worried that I might like it too
much and eat too much. Not to worry. I never finished one cup. But I was
able to eat a couple of bites.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

xanthan gum is good for thickening things. I really can't imagine banana
pudding ever being really diabetic-friendly. Simply adding the bananas will
blow it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

so far she is going to slice bananas lengthwise very thin to use less
bananas to start with, make bananaflavored pudding using the flavoring, not
sure if that will be premade or scratch, she is going to see whcich has less
carvs, she will use greek ygurt if its the premade instead of milk... and we
are both researching whey protien to see if that can play a part in the
pudding to increase protien and maybe reduce the thickener.

Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>>
>>> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that
>>> this is
>>> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
>>> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
>>> sugar
>>> free or carb reduced version.
>>>
>>> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we
>>> can
>>> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both
>>> ok,
>>> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish...
>>> after we
>>> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
>>> done
>>> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
>>> will
>>> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
>>> not
>>> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Bananas - Dehydrated - (1 cup) 88 c
>> Bananas - Raw - (1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)) 28 c
>>
>> I think it's the bananas are the problem. My doc says eat them with some
>> protein, but I don't know what kind you could add

> Agree with you there. Perhaps you could do a sugar free vanilla pudding
> and add banana flavor?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

like i said this won't be a regular menu item, its a special treat... and we
all agree it won't ever be totally friendly just that she wants to limit the
harm as much as possible... and being himself, if he does eat it she wants
it to be as friendly as possible, Lee
"Janet" > wrote in message
> xanthan gum is good for thickening things. I really can't imagine banana
> pudding ever being really diabetic-friendly. Simply adding the bananas
> will blow it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"atec77" > wrote in message
> On 8/04/2011 3:13 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> thanks i will send this to her, she really wants him to have nice
>> things
>> that aren't harmful for him. Lee

> then suggest this
>
> http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html
> and stop eating bread and flour products
> my 3 month average with out medication was just on 7 which I am told
> is pretty good
> if I were to eat much bread it would be a problem

7 isn't pretty good at all. You may need to change your diet more, add
medication or exercise more or all 3.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

atec77 wrote:
> On 8/04/2011 5:17 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> then suggest this
>>>
>>> http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html
>>> and stop eating bread and flour products
>>> my 3 month average with out medication was just on 7 which I am told
>>> is pretty good
>>> if I were to eat much bread it would be a problem

>> 7 isn't pretty good at all. You may need to change your diet more,
>> add medication or exercise more or all 3.
>>

> yes it is considering the time in hospital and other stuff it's bloody
> excellent
> and the new recommendations are to try for 6.5

If you are not on insulin or a med that promotes hypos, you could certainly
consider aiming for something closer to normal, like 5.5 instead of 6.5.

BTW, too bad Kurt cannot see this. An example of how the "recommendations"
are in fact taken literally by many and how the low expectations inherent in
those recommendations may in fact be harmful to those who take them
literally.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I like Jell-O puddings fat/sugar free banana and pistachio pudding...I use a
splash of heavy cream to give it a nice mouth feel and richness.

doesnt budge my meter at all and tastes as good as regular.

as far as the nilla cookies part I would suggest checking the organic isle
and just use like one maybe two cookies per serving.

KROM

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this is
not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a sugar
free or carb reduced version.

the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both ok,
it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after we
have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be done
through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish will
be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will not
have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...

Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee wrote:
> like i said this won't be a regular menu item, its a special treat...
> and we all agree it won't ever be totally friendly just that she
> wants to limit the harm as much as possible... and being himself, if
> he does eat it she wants it to be as friendly as possible, Lee
> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> xanthan gum is good for thickening things. I really can't imagine
>> banana pudding ever being really diabetic-friendly. Simply adding
>> the bananas will blow it.

Better to find other flavors that he likes that CAN be made more "diabetic
friendly," IMHO, if she wants to do him a favor. What will happen here, I
bet, is that he will have it too often since he will think it is okay, and
it will blow his BGs every time. But anyway...

The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding in
a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to package
directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even make
it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell her
to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> And if she wants
> to make it more mousse-like, tell her to use half the stated volume
> of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

And forget the wafers, unless she wants to make something with egg whites,
almond or coconut flour, artificial sweetener, and vanilla. (Actually,
something like that could be quite good...)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:29:30 -0400, "Janet" >
wrote:

>> And if she wants
>> to make it more mousse-like, tell her to use half the stated volume
>> of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

>And forget the wafers, unless she wants to make something with egg whites,
>almond or coconut flour, artificial sweetener, and vanilla. (Actually,
>something like that could be quite good...)

How about a nut crust made with artificial sweetener too?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:24:21 -0400, "Janet" >
wrote:

>Storrmmee wrote:
>> like i said this won't be a regular menu item, its a special treat...
>> and we all agree it won't ever be totally friendly just that she
>> wants to limit the harm as much as possible... and being himself, if
>> he does eat it she wants it to be as friendly as possible, Lee
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> xanthan gum is good for thickening things. I really can't imagine
>>> banana pudding ever being really diabetic-friendly. Simply adding
>>> the bananas will blow it.

>Better to find other flavors that he likes that CAN be made more "diabetic
>friendly," IMHO, if she wants to do him a favor. What will happen here, I
>bet, is that he will have it too often since he will think it is okay, and
>it will blow his BGs every time. But anyway...
>
>The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
>simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding in
>a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to package
>directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even make
>it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell her
>to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

I think that is what I would do if I were doing it. A nice topping
could be sugar free cool whip, or even real whipped cream with
splenda.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

what are the carbs like on those ff... instant or cook? i have no idea
about these things, i don't often eat pudding and dh makes his chocolate
from scratch, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I like Jell-O puddings fat/sugar free banana and pistachio pudding...I use
>a splash of heavy cream to give it a nice mouth feel and richness.
>
> doesn't budge my meter at all and tastes as good as regular.
>
> as far as the nilla cookies part I would suggest checking the organic isle
> and just use like one maybe two cookies per serving.
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> ok i have a friend that wants to make a banana pudding, knowing that this
> is
> not generally a diabetic friendly dish, i am wondering if anyone has one
> that is less carbs, or if the graham crackers/'nillia wafers come in a
> sugar
> free or carb reduced version.
>
> the goal here is to make it as friendly to a diabetic as possible, we can
> use prepared products or from scratch, splenda and nutra crap are both ok,
> it needs to be one of those layered things in the cassarole dish... after
> we
> have a decent tasting recipe, the remainder of the carb control will be
> done
> through attempted portion control... on that note the maker of the dish
> will
> be keeping it at her house, and serving said dish to friend, so she will
> not
> have guilt about the carbs as it won't be going home with him...
>
> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i can assure you he won't eat it often, in fact he requested her to make
this so he wouldn't do it himself... she has dealt with diabetics before but
her husband of thirty years never ate puddings... this new friend has
requested she make it, and at her house so he can taste it but not have it
in his frig talking to him, she can take or leave puddings so he can have a
serving for lunch, they will watch his levels for the hourly schedule and
then go from there, i know they make instans sugar free banana, as a friend
once made some, not telling me it had nutracrap in it, that cost me almost
three hundred dollars at the urgent care.

i was also wondering if she used a little vanilla if that would help
taste... and he has specified graham crackers... like his mom makes? never
heard of g/c for banana pudding... but i know those come in fat free and low
salt just not sure about sugar free. Lee
"Janet" > wrote in message
> Storrmmee wrote:
>> like i said this won't be a regular menu item, its a special treat...
>> and we all agree it won't ever be totally friendly just that she
>> wants to limit the harm as much as possible... and being himself, if
>> he does eat it she wants it to be as friendly as possible, Lee
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>>> xanthan gum is good for thickening things. I really can't imagine
>>> banana pudding ever being really diabetic-friendly. Simply adding
>>> the bananas will blow it.

> Better to find other flavors that he likes that CAN be made more "diabetic
> friendly," IMHO, if she wants to do him a favor. What will happen here, I
> bet, is that he will have it too often since he will think it is okay, and
> it will blow his BGs every time. But anyway...
>
> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
> in a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
> package directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may
> even make it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more
> mousse-like, tell her to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it
> cream instead of milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

if i were making it i would make some sort of merange,sp but he has asked
for graham crackers, which is a new one to me, Lee
"Janet" > wrote in message
>> And if she wants
>> to make it more mousse-like, tell her to use half the stated volume
>> of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

> And forget the wafers, unless she wants to make something with egg whites,
> almond or coconut flour, artificial sweetener, and vanilla. (Actually,
> something like that could be quite good...)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my mom now makes nut crusts for my brother and his blueberry pies, blech, i
love all berries but for some reason blueberry pie freaks my tastebuds all
kinds of out, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:29:30 -0400, "Janet" >
> wrote:
>
>>> And if she wants
>>> to make it more mousse-like, tell her to use half the stated volume
>>> of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

>>And forget the wafers, unless she wants to make something with egg whites,
>>almond or coconut flour, artificial sweetener, and vanilla. (Actually,
>>something like that could be quite good...)

> How about a nut crust made with artificial sweetener too?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

so far i think its going to be the instant banana sugar free pudding with
greek yogurt instead of milk, fat free/sugar free crackers instead of nilla
wafers, bananas sliced lengthwise and very thin to use less bananas but
still have the things there, a drop or two of banana extract and a drop or
two of vanilla... we are both trying to decide about the whey powder.

Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:24:21 -0400, "Janet" >
> wrote:
>
>>Storrmmee wrote:
>>> like i said this won't be a regular menu item, its a special treat...
>>> and we all agree it won't ever be totally friendly just that she
>>> wants to limit the harm as much as possible... and being himself, if
>>> he does eat it she wants it to be as friendly as possible, Lee

>>Better to find other flavors that he likes that CAN be made more "diabetic
>>friendly," IMHO, if she wants to do him a favor. What will happen here, I
>>bet, is that he will have it too often since he will think it is okay, and
>>it will blow his BGs every time. But anyway...
>>
>>The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
>>simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
>>in
>>a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
>>package
>>directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
>>make
>>it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
>>her
>>to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

> I think that is what I would do if I were doing it. A nice topping
> could be sugar free cool whip, or even real whipped cream with
> splenda.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/04/2011 6:02 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> that sounds wonderful just not in a pie wiwth the blueberries, lol, Lee

almond short pie base , try it you might be pleasantly surprised

and the mixed berries can be anything , maybe strawberries sliced
gooseberries and so on
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my mom makes my brother a blackberry pie with splenda and that crust its
wonderful. Lee
"atec77" > wrote in message
> On 9/04/2011 6:02 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> that sounds wonderful just not in a pie wiwth the blueberries, lol, Lee

> almond short pie base , try it you might be pleasantly surprised
>

> and the mixed berries can be anything , maybe strawberries sliced
> gooseberries and so on

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

one serving is 25 calories and 6 carb

there's 4 servings in a box

KROM

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

what are the carbs like on those ff... instant or cook? i have no idea
about these things, i don't often eat pudding and dh makes his chocolate
from scratch, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes

they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones

no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.

the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
vanilla are not so good to me.

the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my favorite.

again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they are
fine with regular milk.

oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
they contain non regularly.

the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
calories

KROM

"Janet" wrote
The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding in
a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to package
directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even make
it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell her
to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Storrmmee" > wrote:

> i can assure you he won't eat it often, in fact he requested her to make
> this so he wouldn't do it himself... she has dealt with diabetics before but
> her husband of thirty years never ate puddings... this new friend has
> requested she make it, and at her house so he can taste it but not have it
> in his frig talking to him, she can take or leave puddings so he can have a
> serving for lunch, they will watch his levels for the hourly schedule and
> then go from there, i know they make instans sugar free banana, as a friend
> once made some, not telling me it had nutracrap in it, that cost me almost
> three hundred dollars at the urgent care.
>
> i was also wondering if she used a little vanilla if that would help
> taste... and he has specified graham crackers... like his mom makes? never
> heard of g/c for banana pudding... but i know those come in fat free and low
> salt just not sure about sugar free.

I haven't followed the entire thread, but I just googled two low carb recipes

http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/suga...ng-fid-1016858

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-...pudding-416513

plus this one which should be a good resource

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/s...=banana&page=1

it has premium content, but you can sign up for 14 days free

Also, I believe that Toranini has a sugar free banana flavored syrup
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:54:29 -0400, KROM wrote
(in article >):

> I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>
> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>
> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>
> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
> vanilla are not so good to me.
>
> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my favorite.
>
> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they are
> fine with regular milk.
>
> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
> they contain non regularly.
>
> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
> calories
>
> KROM

What kind of whey protein powder do you prefer, Krom? I know nothing about
it and am interested in trying it.

TaniO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that isn't hidious, given the adujstments of really thin nannas and fewer
wafers this might work out ok, thanks, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> one serving is 25 calories and 6 carb
>
> there's 4 servings in a box
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
> what are the carbs like on those ff... instant or cook? i have no idea
> about these things, i don't often eat pudding and dh makes his chocolate
> from scratch, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, does they whey powder affect taste or mouth feel?
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>
> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>
> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>
> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
> vanilla are not so good to me.
>
> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
> favorite.
>
> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
> are fine with regular milk.
>
> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
> they contain non regularly.
>
> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
> calories
>
> KROM
>

> "Janet" wrote
> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
> in
> a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
> package
> directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
> make
> it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
> her
> to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

good point
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I always add whey to mine because nutritionally speaking the Jell-O is
>useless the whey gives it value
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> so far i think its going to be the instant banana sugar free pudding with
> greek yogurt instead of milk, fat free/sugar free crackers instead of
> nilla
> wafers, bananas sliced lengthwise and very thin to use less bananas but
> still have the things there, a drop or two of banana extract and a drop or
> two of vanilla... we are both trying to decide about the whey powder.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

good point
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I always add whey to mine because nutritionally speaking the Jell-O is
>useless the whey gives it value
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> so far i think its going to be the instant banana sugar free pudding with
> greek yogurt instead of milk, fat free/sugar free crackers instead of
> nilla
> wafers, bananas sliced lengthwise and very thin to use less bananas but
> still have the things there, a drop or two of banana extract and a drop or
> two of vanilla... we are both trying to decide about the whey powder.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks Lee
"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
>> i can assure you he won't eat it often, in fact he requested her to make
>> this so he wouldn't do it himself... she has dealt with diabetics before
>> but
>> her husband of thirty years never ate puddings... this new friend has
>> requested she make it, and at her house so he can taste it but not have
>> it
>> in his frig talking to him, she can take or leave puddings so he can have
>> serving for lunch, they will watch his levels for the hourly schedule and
>> then go from there, i know they make instans sugar free banana, as a
>> friend
>> once made some, not telling me it had nutracrap in it, that cost me
>> almost
>> three hundred dollars at the urgent care.
>>
>> i was also wondering if she used a little vanilla if that would help
>> taste... and he has specified graham crackers... like his mom makes?
>> never
>> heard of g/c for banana pudding... but i know those come in fat free and
>> low
>> salt just not sure about sugar free.

> I haven't followed the entire thread, but I just googled two low carb
> recipes
>
> http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/suga...ng-fid-1016858
>
> http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-...pudding-416513
>
> plus this one which should be a good resource
>
> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/s...=banana&page=1
>
> it has premium content, but you can sign up for 14 days free
>
> Also, I believe that Toranini has a sugar free banana flavored syrup

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it is pricey but I like optimum nutrition's natural 100 percent whey

as long as it doesnt have a ton of extra junk in it..you can usually tell
by carb and calorie count..any carb over 3 per scoop is way to much..they
are adding filler or sugars.

when I'm broke I use ultimate nutrition's whey or whatever decent carb count
one I can get on sale at nutrition.com

but again I check for carb/calorie count per scoop should be about 120
calories per scoop and 2 carb

KROM

"TaniO" wrote in message
thlink.net...

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:54:29 -0400, KROM wrote
(in article >):

> I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>
> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>
> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>
> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
> vanilla are not so good to me.
>
> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
> favorite.
>
> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
> are
> fine with regular milk.
>
> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
> they contain non regularly.
>
> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
> calories
>
> KROM

What kind of whey protein powder do you prefer, Krom? I know nothing about
it and am interested in trying it.

TaniO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:39:43 -0400, KROM wrote
(in article >):

Thanks a lot. I will check these out!

TaniO

> it is pricey but I like optimum nutrition's natural 100 percent whey
>
> as long as it doesnt have a ton of extra junk in it..you can usually tell
> by carb and calorie count..any carb over 3 per scoop is way to much..they
> are adding filler or sugars.
>
> when I'm broke I use ultimate nutrition's whey or whatever decent carb count
> one I can get on sale at nutrition.com
>
> but again I check for carb/calorie count per scoop should be about 120
> calories per scoop and 2 carb
>
> KROM
>

> "TaniO" wrote in message
> thlink.net...
>
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:54:29 -0400, KROM wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>>
>> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>>
>> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>>
>> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
>> vanilla are not so good to me.
>>
>> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
>> favorite.
>>
>> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
>> are
>> fine with regular milk.
>>
>> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
>> they contain non regularly.
>>
>> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
>> calories
>>
>> KROM
>>

> What kind of whey protein powder do you prefer, Krom? I know nothing about
> it and am interested in trying it.
>
> TaniO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

if you mix it very well it helps add bulk and firmness to it making it a
firmer pudding.

if you buy a cheap whey like pure protein's from Wal-Mart it will separate
and leave you a pudding oozing liquid..not tasty..

I use a large lock n lock container and shake the heck out of it but a hand
mixer would be good to

I sometimes add unflavored gelatin and a tiny bit guar gum if I want it pie
like.

nice thing is you can adjust the sweetness and texture how you like it.

when I want it super sweet I add splenda with fiber along with the whey so
I get protein and fiber with a serving.

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>
> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>
> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>
> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
> vanilla are not so good to me.
>
> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
> favorite.
>
> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
> are fine with regular milk.
>
> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
> they contain non regularly.
>
> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
> calories
>
> KROM
>

> "Janet" wrote
> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
> in
> a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
> package
> directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
> make
> it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
> her
> to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

since I augment mine with fiber and protein it helps with not spiking BG
even more then plain

as I always say its a tasty experimentation till you get it down...lol

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> one serving is 25 calories and 6 carb
>
> there's 4 servings in a box
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
> what are the carbs like on those ff... instant or cook? i have no idea
> about these things, i don't often eat pudding and dh makes his chocolate
> from scratch, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM wrote:

<snip>

> was so rich I couldn't eat
> it

Now that is a phrase that I am sure I have never, ever uttered. <G>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, Lee

Banana Pudding crouslar Marketplace 0 17-05-2012 11:50 PM
Semolina and Banana Pudding International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 27-07-2008 01:48 PM
Creamy Banana Pudding Best_chef General Cooking 17 20-10-2007 04:14 AM
Banana Pudding The International Cafe Recipes (moderated) 0 15-09-2005 02:51 AM
Layered Low-Fat Banana Pudding T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 04-07-2005 04:25 AM