Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Portion control - corn tortilla chips

A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs. Plus
whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later, when I do
my couch potato act.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I eat corn tortilias 1 ounce weighed on a digi food scale every so often
with beef and cheese and fresh made salsa on a treat day or with guac.

If they are made the old fashioned way they dont budge my meter ..if they
are made with flour and no pre soaking of the corn in acid..i get the
spike...so i make sure the kind i get.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs. Plus
> whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later, when I
> do
> my couch potato act.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs. Plus
> whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later, when I do
> my couch potato act.

Friday night is "Mexican Food" night for me (we have a favourite
restaurant for this)

i LIBERALLY apply the guacamole or salsa to the tortilla chip, and limit
the # of tortilla chips that i have

works for me

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs.
> > Plus whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later,
> > when I do my couch potato act.

> Friday night is "Mexican Food" night for me (we have a favourite
> restaurant for this)
>
> i LIBERALLY apply the guacamole or salsa to the tortilla chip, and limit
> the # of tortilla chips that i have
>
> works for me

12:20 AM BG 91. 1/2 oz tortilla chips and all the guacamole I could scoop
up. One hour PP BG 95. Two hour 108.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: Tiger_Lily > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer wrote:
: > > A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs.
: > > Plus whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later,
: > > when I do my couch potato act.

: > Friday night is "Mexican Food" night for me (we have a favourite
: > restaurant for this)
: >
: > i LIBERALLY apply the guacamole or salsa to the tortilla chip, and limit
: > the # of tortilla chips that i have
: >
: > works for me

: 12:20 AM BG 91. 1/2 oz tortilla chips and all the guacamole I could scoop
: up. One hour PP BG 95. Two hour 108.

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Ever try just cucumber slices of baby carrots with teh guacamole? I just
can't afford to have any tortilla chips or potatochips (crisps) around as
it is too easy to loose control.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> : > Nick Cramer wrote:
> : > > A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of
> : > > carbs. Plus whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find
> : > > out later, when I do my couch potato act.
>
> : > Friday night is "Mexican Food" night for me (we have a favourite
> : > restaurant for this)
> : >
> : > i LIBERALLY apply the guacamole or salsa to the tortilla chip, and
> : > limit the # of tortilla chips that i have
> : >
> : > works for me
>
> : 12:20 AM BG 91. 1/2 oz tortilla chips and all the guacamole I could
> : scoop up. One hour PP BG 95. Two hour 108.

> Ever try just cucumber slices of baby carrots with teh guacamole? I just
> can't afford to have any tortilla chips or potatochips (crisps) around as
> it is too easy to loose control.

If I can control Italian pastas, I can control anything! Even baby carrots
bite me, but the cucumber slices sound good. Thanks, Wendy.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Me too on the carrots..most i can eat is three baby carrots dices super fine
cooked with my onion,garlic,celery when im starting a stew..they addd flavor
to the stew but dont spike me..if i add any more then that they will.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote
Even baby carrots
> bite me, but the cucumber slices sound good. Thanks, Wendy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom > wrote:
: Me too on the carrots..most i can eat is three baby carrots dices super fine
: cooked with my onion,garlic,celery when im starting a stew..they addd flavor
: to the stew but dont spike me..if i add any more then that they will.

: KROM

Have you tried them raw? that often works beter for som eof us.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

raw carrots give me the hiccups. I have a hiatal hernia and may they just
have a hard time going down...saltines give me the hiccups to...weird huh?

"krom" > wrote in message
> Me too on the carrots..most i can eat is three baby carrots dices super
> fine cooked with my onion,garlic,celery when im starting a stew..they addd
> flavor to the stew but dont spike me..if i add any more then that they
> will.
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote
> Even baby carrots
>> bite me, but the cucumber slices sound good. Thanks, Wendy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
news
> raw carrots give me the hiccups. I have a hiatal hernia and may they just
> have a hard time going down...saltines give me the hiccups to...weird huh?

Interesting. The only two foods that do that for me are bread or raw
carrots on an empty stomach. I don't know that I have a hernia though. And
my mom is the same way as is my daughter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> raw carrots give me the hiccups. I have a hiatal hernia and may they just
> have a hard time going down...saltines give me the hiccups to...weird
> huh?

Why haven't you had that hernia repaired, Jacquie?

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes..sadly they spiked me bad..just 4 baby carrots in a salad that i
normally eat with yogurt dressing etc that doent move my meter at all will
go sky high if i add carrot.

KROM

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> krom > wrote:
> : Me too on the carrots..most i can eat is three baby carrots dices super
> fine
> : cooked with my onion,garlic,celery when im starting a stew..they addd
> flavor
> : to the stew but dont spike me..if i add any more then that they will.
>
> : KROM
>
> Have you tried them raw? that often works beter for som eof us.
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Mustard on chicken will do that to me..dunno why..lol

I can eat a hot dog or roast beef sandwhich no problem..but if i make a
checken breast sandwhich with mustard i get the hiccups...

KROM

"jacquie" > wrote in message
news
> raw carrots give me the hiccups. I have a hiatal hernia and may they just
> have a hard time going down...saltines give me the hiccups to...weird huh?
>
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> Me too on the carrots..most i can eat is three baby carrots dices super
>> fine cooked with my onion,garlic,celery when im starting a stew..they
>> addd flavor to the stew but dont spike me..if i add any more then that
>> they will.
>>
>> KROM
>>
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote
>> Even baby carrots
>>> bite me, but the cucumber slices sound good. Thanks, Wendy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

They don't repair them unless the meds they give you for reflux don't
work...or it is causing some other physical problem. I have a big scar
around that area and down the right side. I think if they went in they would
probably find all kinds of trouble. I think I might have a small hernia in
the muscle part that was stitched and stapled, because I can feel a hard
knot and it gets larger from time to time, where they cut the muscle to get
to my adrenal gland. Mine hiatal hernia is small... anyways that's what the
girl with a strong Asian Accent told me. I need to make an appointment to
see a Dr..... Mine has been sent to another base so I have to break in a new
one

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> raw carrots give me the hiccups. I have a hiatal hernia and may they just
>> have a hard time going down...saltines give me the hiccups to...weird
>> huh?

> Why haven't you had that hernia repaired, Jacquie?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Weird huh?

portion control T[_8_] Diabetic 1 04-05-2016 12:25 PM
Speaking of portion control... Mark[_26_] General Cooking 0 28-09-2010 06:03 PM
Tortilla Chips cybercat General Cooking 1 24-02-2008 09:10 PM
Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 67 24-02-2006 03:41 AM
Portion Control Pays Off in Weight Loss None Given Diabetic 3 31-10-2004 04:48 PM