Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Portion control - corn tortilla chips

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: Tiger_Lily > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer wrote:
: > > A scant handful weighs 1/2 oz, which should contain 10 gms of carbs.
: > > Plus whatever the guacamole dip might contribute. I'll find out later,
: > > when I do my couch potato act.

: > Friday night is "Mexican Food" night for me (we have a favourite
: > restaurant for this)
: >
: > i LIBERALLY apply the guacamole or salsa to the tortilla chip, and limit
: > the # of tortilla chips that i have
: >
: > works for me

: 12:20 AM BG 91. 1/2 oz tortilla chips and all the guacamole I could scoop
: up. One hour PP BG 95. Two hour 108.

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Ever try just cucumber slices of baby carrots with teh guacamole? I just
can't afford to have any tortilla chips or potatochips (crisps) around as
it is too easy to loose control.

Wendy