Old 29-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Szaki

Default Diabetes help....!

Well, you guys talk about sugar as carbohydrate, it is, but simple carbo.
Body procces sugar faster. If I drink 1-2 glasses of milk (say 4 cups, 50-60
gr sugar), my BG goes through the roof in the next few hours, unlike complex
carbo. It has a delaying action.
Goat milk or jogurt has less sugar, only 6-7 gr/ cup. Often I buy that, if
it's available, richer in fat though.

JS

"Jmmbear" wrote in message
In article [email protected]_s53, "Szaki"

writes:

Have you looked at the lebal on the the plastic milk container? Hole milk
has 13 gr/cup sugar, that is a lot. 2% milk has 15gr/cup and non-fat milk
has 17gr/cup. Seems, the more stuff they take out of the milk, the more
sugar gets into it. Gee, these cows, how they do it!?
I grabed my kitchen scale, 2 full tea spoon regular granulated sugar
weighted 12 gr. As diabetic, do you put 2 teaspons of sugar in your

coffee
or annything?
I don't think so!

JS

Whole millk varies from 11-13 grams carbs.. Lowfat milk often can have

sugar
added... Not all do.. This is why I dont drink glasses of the stuff. I

just use
it in my coffee..
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

Old 06-01-2004, 05:58 PM
KD

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:41:41 -0500, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I have a recipe for chocolate
cream cheese fudge that uses artificial sweetener, but because of the cream
cheese and nuts it contains, it is high in fat. It also has some carbs.

Can you share this recipe. Sounds good!
Old 06-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Julie Bove

wrote:

I have a recipe for chocolate
cream cheese fudge that uses artificial sweetener, but because of the

cream
cheese and nuts it contains, it is high in fat. It also has some carbs.

Can you share this recipe. Sounds good!

I posted it here before. Yet the recipe seems to have vanished. Here it is
again. I have made this several times since I posted it. I find that it
tastes best after it has been allowed to sit for several days. If eaten on
the first day, the cream cheese flavor predominates. I also like to add a
few drops of orange extract and a lot more walnuts than it calls for. You
also have to use a LOT of butter to grease the pan with. I've made this
into balls, rolled them in chopped walnuts and called them "truffles". It
doesn't taste much like fudge to me, but it is still very tasty.

Sugar Free Fudge
Ingredients
16 oz Cream cheese, softened
2 ea Unsweetened chocolate squares (1oz ea)
1/2 c Sugar substitute
1 t Vanilla extract
1/2 c Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Melt chocolate. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, chocolate,
sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into well- greased
8-inch square baking pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Exchanges: 1 fat

Old 07-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Jmmbear

In article , "Julie Bove"
writes:

[...]

Julie sounds interesting.. Im always looking for new recipes.