Siobhan Perricone

Default Low carb milk

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:27:20 -0600, Alan wrote:

>Milk doesn't have "a lot" of sugar.
>
>It has SOME sugar.

Well.. carbs anyway.

My local Shaws is carrying a low carb milk now. Regular milk has 12 carbs
per 8 ounces. This stuff has 3 carbs per 8 ounces! I was sooooo happy
to find it, because I can drink milk with my meals again.

It's not as good as the best milk, but it's waaaaay better than no milk,
and it seems to work in cooking, too, though I've not tried making a
pudding with it yet.

Anyway, it is certainly more expensive, but it's ultra pasteurized so it
keeps for much longer than milk, and it tastes good enough. It's made by
Hood. Hood Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage. They have Whole, 2%, Skim, and
CHOCOLATE versions. And they're ALL 3 grams of carbs per cup, and no sugar
alcohols (in the chocolate version).

Ask for it at your grocers! We should reward efforts like this!

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Ok, I know a whole generation has been raised on a notion of