Julie Bove

Default Diabetes help....!

"KD" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:41:41 -0500, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> > I have a recipe for chocolate
> >cream cheese fudge that uses artificial sweetener, but because of the

cream
> >cheese and nuts it contains, it is high in fat. It also has some carbs.

> Can you share this recipe. Sounds good!

I posted it here before. Yet the recipe seems to have vanished. Here it is
again. I have made this several times since I posted it. I find that it
tastes best after it has been allowed to sit for several days. If eaten on
the first day, the cream cheese flavor predominates. I also like to add a
few drops of orange extract and a lot more walnuts than it calls for. You
also have to use a LOT of butter to grease the pan with. I've made this
into balls, rolled them in chopped walnuts and called them "truffles". It
doesn't taste much like fudge to me, but it is still very tasty.

Sugar Free Fudge
Ingredients
· 16 oz Cream cheese, softened
· 2 ea Unsweetened chocolate squares (1oz ea)
· 1/2 c Sugar substitute
· 1 t Vanilla extract
· 1/2 c Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Melt chocolate. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, chocolate,
sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into well- greased
8-inch square baking pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Exchanges: 1 fat