Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cinnamon Roll minus the bread

I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
spike my BG because there is no bread.
Kris

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Put a few drops of lemon essence and you have lemon cheesecake. Or some
dried coffee. Chocolate essence or cocoa powder ...

"Cougar" > wrote in message
> I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> spike my BG because there is no bread.
> Kris

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cougar" > wrote in message
>I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> spike my BG because there is no bread.

You can do the same thing with walnuts or pecans, heating them in the oven
first to warm, then mixing that on.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cougar" > wrote in message
>I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> spike my BG because there is no bread.
> Kris

I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
years.....haha.

John

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

johnniemccoy@ > wrote:

: "Cougar" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
: > Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
: > splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
: > spike my BG because there is no bread.
: > Kris
: >
: >
: I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
: kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
: cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
: years.....haha.

: John

Smell it. It it doesn't smell strong, throw it out and buy some new.

Also a nice treat take a Wasa or Ryevita, spread it with cottage cheese(or
I guess yogurt) and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener. Lovely snack or
breakfast treat. Just don't take 6 of them:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article <kTa7i.3673$9G3.489@trnddc07>,
"johnniemccoy@" > wrote:

> "Cougar" > wrote in message
> >I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> > Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> > splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> > spike my BG because there is no bread.
> > Kris
> >

> I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
> kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
> cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
> years.....haha.

It's about the cheapest spice around, so splurge! Buy yourself another
can/jar! ;-)

Priscilla