FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cinnamon Roll minus the bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/125036-cinnamon-roll-minus-bread.html)

Cougar 30-05-2007 06:30 AM

Cinnamon Roll minus the bread

I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
spike my BG because there is no bread.
Kris

Ozgirl 30-05-2007 06:32 AM

Cinnamon Roll minus the bread

Put a few drops of lemon essence and you have lemon cheesecake. Or some
dried coffee. Chocolate essence or cocoa powder ... :)

Julie Bove 30-05-2007 07:39 AM

"Cougar" > wrote in message
>I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> spike my BG because there is no bread.

You can do the same thing with walnuts or pecans, heating them in the oven
first to warm, then mixing that on.

johnniemccoy@ 30-05-2007 09:48 AM

"Cougar" > wrote in message
>I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> spike my BG because there is no bread.
> Kris

I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
years.....haha.

John

W. Baker 30-05-2007 03:46 PM

Cinnamon Roll minus the bread

johnniemccoy@ > wrote:

: "Cougar" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
: > Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
: > splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
: > spike my BG because there is no bread.
: > Kris
: >
: >
: I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
: kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
: cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
: years.....haha.

: John

Smell it. It it doesn't smell strong, throw it out and buy some new.

Also a nice treat take a Wasa or Ryevita, spread it with cottage cheese(or
I guess yogurt) and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener. Lovely snack or
breakfast treat. Just don't take 6 of them:-)

Wendy

Priscilla H. Ballou 30-05-2007 04:33 PM

Cinnamon Roll minus the bread

In article <kTa7i.3673$9G3.489@trnddc07>,
"johnniemccoy@" > wrote:

> "Cougar" > wrote in message
> >I read somewhere about the make shift cinnamon roll...it's really good.
> > Vanilla yogurt (I use carb and sugar control or similar) and mix a little
> > splenda and cinnamon in there, and taste like a cinnamon roll and does not
> > spike my BG because there is no bread.
> > Kris
> >

> I just tried it with Dannon Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control yogert..... I
> kept dumping cinnamon in there and nothing happened....lol. I think my
> cinnamon it too old. It's been up there on the shelf for about 14
> years.....haha.

It's about the cheapest spice around, so splurge! Buy yourself another
can/jar! ;-)

Priscilla