Old 03-11-2007, 07:35 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default It's in the pit, part deux.

Warmed up the brand new WSM this morning, and put a butt on the rack. A
little CYM, garlic powder, and Lawry's pork seasoning.

Very easy to put into use, and easy to achieve the desired temp. It
feels like it will be pleasurable to use. Can't wait for the finished
product tonite.

Cooking over Royal Oak lump ($5.49/10 lb. bag at Walmart). I bought 6
bags at that price.
--
Dave T.

I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
Warmed up the brand new WSM this morning, and put a butt on the rack. A
little CYM, garlic powder, and Lawry's pork seasoning.

Very easy to put into use, and easy to achieve the desired temp. It
feels like it will be pleasurable to use. Can't wait for the finished
product tonite.

Cooking over Royal Oak lump ($5.49/10 lb. bag at Walmart). I bought 6
bags at that price.

good luck and happy eatin'. I agree, you can't get much
easier than the WSM.

--
Steve
Old 03-11-2007, 08:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:

Very easy to put into use, and easy to achieve the desired temp. It
feels like it will be pleasurable to use. Can't wait for the finished
product tonite.

Enjoy!!!
--
Dave
davebbq.com

Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike wrote:
I see the term used quite a but just what is CYM??????

Mike

1) Please don't top post on usenet, it's considered very
rude. I'm not trying to stir up an age old meta-discussion,
but you'll get much better response if you follow the usenet
norm and bottom post with attributions. Top posters are
routinely killfiled.

2) Common Yellow Mustard

--
Steve

Old 03-11-2007, 09:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike" wrote:

Answer: Cheap Yellow Mustard

Question: I see the term used quite a but just what is CYM??????

Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
Mike wrote:
I see the term used quite a but just what is CYM??????

1) Please don't top post on usenet, it's considered very
rude. I'm not trying to stir up an age old meta-discussion,
but you'll get much better response if you follow the usenet
norm and bottom post with attributions. Top posters are
routinely killfiled.

2) Common Yellow Mustard

Synchronicity at work! ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

Nick, yeah, I put a little judicious snip on that butt too!

Me, 3rd Engineer Bn, DaNang, '65-66. You?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
Steve Calvin wrote:
Mike wrote:
I see the term used quite a but just what is CYM??????

1) Please don't top post on usenet, it's considered very
rude. I'm not trying to stir up an age old meta-discussion,
but you'll get much better response if you follow the usenet
norm and bottom post with attributions. Top posters are
routinely killfiled.

2) Common Yellow Mustard

Synchronicity at work! ;-D

But you were two minutes off Nick. You're slipping! ;-D

--
Steve

Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:

Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

Nick, yeah, I put a little judicious snip on that butt too!

Me, 3rd Engineer Bn, DaNang, '65-66. You?

Heh heh! My wife just came in and caught me wiping some smoke out of my
eyes.

I remember Da Nang, too, if only from biased news reports, anecdotes from
some of my friends and late friends, the TV show "China Beach," and my
subsequent readings. I want to thank you for your service and sacrifice,
Dave. It's impossible to come back from such carnage unscathed. I salute
you, Sir!

Me? USMC, Korean War, truly nothing to speak of, except intent.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
Steve Calvin wrote:
Mike wrote:
I see the term used quite a but just what is CYM??????

1) Please don't top post on usenet, it's considered very
rude. I'm not trying to stir up an age old meta-discussion,
but you'll get much better response if you follow the usenet
norm and bottom post with attributions. Top posters are
routinely killfiled.

2) Common Yellow Mustard

Synchronicity at work! ;-D

But you were two minutes off Nick. You're slipping! ;-D

Relativity! "What time is it?"

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
"Dave T." wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:

Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

Nick, yeah, I put a little judicious snip on that butt too!

Me, 3rd Engineer Bn, DaNang, '65-66. You?

Heh heh! My wife just came in and caught me wiping some smoke out of my
eyes.

I remember Da Nang, too, if only from biased news reports, anecdotes from
some of my friends and late friends, the TV show "China Beach," and my
subsequent readings. I want to thank you for your service and sacrifice,
Dave. It's impossible to come back from such carnage unscathed. I salute
you, Sir!

Me? USMC, Korean War, truly nothing to speak of, except intent.

Well, I came into it at the tail end ('73) when the
"lottery" came in and drew #350. Sorry that I didn't join
the fighting units and help you guys but I really do
appreciate everyone who did. I did serve, but in other ways.

I lost a LOT of friends in that damned war and still loosing
more today in Iraq and the other wars that "we're not
fighting".

Thanks guys, ALL of you!

--
Steve
Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

I remember Da Nang, too, if only from biased news reports, anecdotes from
some of my friends and late friends, the TV show "China Beach," and my
subsequent readings. I want to thank you for your service and sacrifice,
Dave. It's impossible to come back from such carnage unscathed. I salute
you, Sir!

Me? USMC, Korean War, truly nothing to speak of, except intent.

It is something to speak of. But that is all I have to say about that.
Welcome home Nick.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:26 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 3-Nov-2007, "Dave T." wrote:

Nick Cramer wrote:

Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

Nick, yeah, I put a little judicious snip on that butt too!

Me, 3rd Engineer Bn, DaNang, '65-66. You?
--
Dave T.

NKP, '69-'70. AFCS.

--