Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default It's in the pit, part deux.

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Dave T." > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>
>>> Moral: Judicious snipping and bottom posting makes more sense to me.

>> Nick, yeah, I put a little judicious snip on that butt too!
>>
>> Me, 3rd Engineer Bn, DaNang, '65-66. You?

> Heh heh! My wife just came in and caught me wiping some smoke out of my
> eyes.
>
> I remember Da Nang, too, if only from biased news reports, anecdotes from
> some of my friends and late friends, the TV show "China Beach," and my
> subsequent readings. I want to thank you for your service and sacrifice,
> Dave. It's impossible to come back from such carnage unscathed. I salute
> you, Sir!
>
> Me? USMC, Korean War, truly nothing to speak of, except intent.

Well, I came into it at the tail end ('73) when the
"lottery" came in and drew #350. Sorry that I didn't join
the fighting units and help you guys but I really do
appreciate everyone who did. I did serve, but in other ways.

I lost a LOT of friends in that damned war and still loosing
more today in Iraq and the other wars that "we're not
fighting".

Thanks guys, ALL of you!

--
Steve