FoodBanter.com

-   -   [TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/177939-tn-08-drouhin-st.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 16-10-2009 04:49 PM

[TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran

Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
at Andrew's school. After it was over, we all went out for a late
dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
restaurant. With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:

2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous

This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
Chardonnay purchases these days. The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
$15/bottle locally. Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! Hooray!

Mark Lipton

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 16-10-2009 06:15 PM

[TN] '08 Drouhin St. Veran

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
> at Andrew's school. After it was over, we all went out for a late
> dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
> restaurant. With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:
>
> 2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
> nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
> palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous
>
> This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
> Chardonnay purchases these days. The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
> interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
> $15/bottle locally. Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! Hooray!
>
> Mark Lipton

This is my go to Chardonnay as I don't like most of the CA varieties.
When did they add the screwcap?

DaleW 16-10-2009 10:46 PM

'08 Drouhin St. Veran

On Oct 16, 11:49*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Last night, Jean was helping out with the first annual "Science Night"
> at Andrew's school. *After it was over, we all went out for a late
> dinner (7:30 -- late now that Andrew goes to bed at 8) at a local
> restaurant. *With a quick dinner of arctic char (for me), we got:
>
> 2008 Joseph Drouhin St. Veran
> nose: minerals, crisp appley fruit, a hint of popcorn butter
> palate: crisp, medium body, slightly viscous
>
> This, along with the Beaujolais Blanc of JP Brun, is one of our few
> Chardonnay purchases these days. *The '08 edition seems quite a bit more
> interesting than the '07 was (surprise!) and is a decent QPR at
> $15/bottle locally. *Even better, it's now sealed with screwcap! *Hooray!
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I actually love the 07, for a $13 wine I'm surprised to hear you
didn't think it interesting, I look forward to trying the 08