Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Maxim Voronov

Default Tea Retailers in Ontario

Hi All,

I recently moved to the Niagara Region of Ontario and am looking for
some good tea retailers. I don't mind traveling as far as Toronto
area. The only major retailer I know in the Toronto area is Capital
Tea, but they don't have too many oolongs, it seems. I am most
interested in Chinese and Taiwanese teas, and especially in oolongs.
Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Maxim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

Maxim Voronov > wrote:

>I recently moved to the Niagara Region of Ontario and am looking for
>some good tea retailers. I don't mind traveling as far as Toronto
>area. The only major retailer I know in the Toronto area is Capital
>Tea, but they don't have too many oolongs, it seems. I am most
>interested in Chinese and Taiwanese teas, and especially in oolongs.
>Any recommendations?

I asked my friend in Kitchener and he suggests:

+Distinctly Tea is worth the drive from anywhere, but they do sell
+online. I might say they have too many herbals, but there are an awful lot
+of herbal possibilities. They have a great black selection. Many hundreds
+of loose teas. It's in Waterloo, and online at http://distinctlytea.com/
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Maxim Voronov

Default Tea Retailers in Ontario (and translation issues OT)

Michael,

I think I will try Capital Teas one of these days, especially since
they seem to have a pretty good selection of Darjelings -- something I
should experiment with some more.

Sorry I haven't read the New Yorker article you mention.

Maxim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Maxim Voronov

Thanks, Scott! They seem to have a nice selection. Kitchener is a bit
far from here (close to 2 hours). But I will have to check out that
area one of these days. So I will stop by Distinctly Tea.

Maxim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
niisonge

> Any recommendations?

Why not try Chinatown in downtown Toronto? Ten Ren is there, and there
is another tea store called Fujian Brand Tea, Canada Ltd. on Spadina,
south of Dundas.

You could also try House of Tea at 1017 Yonge Street (near the Rosedale
subway station).

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Maxim Voronov

niisonge wrote:
> > Any recommendations?

> Why not try Chinatown in downtown Toronto? Ten Ren is there, and there
> is another tea store called Fujian Brand Tea, Canada Ltd. on Spadina,
> south of Dundas.
>
> You could also try House of Tea at 1017 Yonge Street (near the Rosedale
> subway station).

I am just starting to explore the Chinatown. Ten Ren in Canada is way
to expensive -- much more pricy than in the US. I'll have to check out
the Fujian Brand Tea. Sounds like they specialize in Mainland teas. I
have heard of House of Tea, and it's on my to see list next time I get
to Toronto.

Any places that carry good Taiwanese oolongs?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Maxim Voronov

Sorry, Michael. I have no idea which translations of Dostoyevski are
good ones....

Are lids for cooking pots being sold by retailers? Yes General Cooking 17 10-11-2011 01:10 AM
Online retailers Chris Sprague Wine 10 18-01-2005 05:27 AM
Online retailers Chris Sprague Wine 0 13-01-2005 03:22 AM
UK - Tea retailers online ? nickwarren Tea 0 20-12-2004 09:07 PM
Online New Jersey Retailers? J Derby Wine 9 09-11-2003 03:04 AM