Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Some real life numbers, and a question....

> I am almost sure that the all the King Arthur books use
> volume measures which surprised (& irritated me). It's been
> awhile since I looked at
> them so I am not absolutely sure.

I've got both the KAF Baker's Companion (a great, great book, btw) and their
new KAF Whole Grains Baking. They list ingredients both in volume and weight
(ounces) and heartily encourage bakers to use weights, if possible.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

In article
<mailman.15.1166796371.97186.rec.food.sourdough@ma il.otherwhen.com>,
"Jeff Miller" > wrote:

> > I am almost sure that the all the King Arthur books use
> > volume measures which surprised (& irritated me). It's been
> > awhile since I looked at
> > them so I am not absolutely sure.

> I've got both the KAF Baker's Companion (a great, great book, btw) and their
> new KAF Whole Grains Baking. They list ingredients both in volume and weight
> (ounces) and heartily encourage bakers to use weights, if possible.
>
> --
> Jeff

So the 200 Anniversary cookbook was the only one to use volumes
exclusively. If so I stand corrected.

How is the whole grain book? I have not yet seen it.

Roland
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Joe Doe" > wrote in message
> In article
> <mailman.15.1166796371.97186.rec.food.sourdough@ma il.otherwhen.com>,
> "Jeff Miller" > wrote:
>
>> > I am almost sure that the all the King Arthur books use
>> > volume measures which surprised (& irritated me). It's been
>> > awhile since I looked at
>> > them so I am not absolutely sure.

>> I've got both the KAF Baker's Companion (a great, great book, btw) and
>> their
>> new KAF Whole Grains Baking. They list ingredients both in volume and
>> weight
>> (ounces) and heartily encourage bakers to use weights, if possible.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff

> So the 200 Anniversary cookbook was the only one to use volumes
> exclusively. If so I stand corrected.

The copy that I saw used weights as well. See my other post.
BTW, it's one of the better all-in-one baking books out there. It's the
sort of book that brides received as wedding presents in the not that
distant past{:-)
Graham