Old 21-03-2004, 02:11 AM
BillKirch

Default Take your damn Hats off while eating

I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them very
up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless. BG

Old 21-03-2004, 09:58 AM
BillKirch

Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
rude and classless?

If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

#################
Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

Old 21-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Anthony

"BillKirch" wrote in message
I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless.

BG

This goes to the whole question of what you think about the way other
patrons of the restaurant are dressed. In the US there has been an
increasing trend towards casual wear; I owned a 4-Diamond AAA restaurant for
many years (but no longer) and in the early days we asked for coat and tie,
then dropped the tie, then went to "smart casual", a term that to us meant
no shorts, and finally we got fed up with the hassle the greeter had to put
up with and said the hell with it. I generally don't care what others wear,
altho' I was rather taken aback at Christmas lunch in our local Ritz-Carlton
to see some patrons in scruffy shorts whereas most of us had dressed up,
making i seem more of a festive occasion.

Old 21-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Douglas Hageman

I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them very
up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and classless. BG

I'm with you - when some moron refuses to take off his hat in front of
my wife I want to do something about it - but she'd kill me if I did.

Can't we just shoot `em?

Old 22-03-2004, 12:41 AM
BillKirch

Aren't you the one who complained because there wasn't enough food
at a party to which you were invited?

##################
As usual , you get the facts wrong. I had complained about, getting invited to
parties where they served canned weenies,baloney and and one bottle of wine
for 20 people.
If you can't do a party right then cater it or don't do it at all. BG
Old 22-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Kim Wolf

Look at it this way, hats of some type are worn in most commercial kitchens
per health codes so, those people wearing hats while eating are actually
being more sanitary than you. Anyway, its none of anyone's business but the
person who is wearing the hat.

Old 22-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Kim Wolf

Man, don't take your hat off and somebody wants to shoot you...take off
anything else and somebody wants to shoot you. You guys are too picky. I
don't get what your wife has to do with someone wearing a hat.

om...

Old 22-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Kim Wolf

It's also rude and classless to use foul language in public. More people do
that than wear hats in restaurants. They even do it on public web sites.

Old 22-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Can Altinbay

"BillKirch" wrote in message
I can't tell you how many people (men)I see in restaurants( some of them

very
up scale) wearing baseball caps while dining. It's soo rude and

classless.
BG

And then there's cell phones.

(I'm ducking.)

Old 22-03-2004, 10:32 PM

BillKirch wrote:
Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
rude and classless?

If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

#################
Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
eating? I am not arguing that wearing a hat indoors is considered
bad manners, but why?

Old 23-03-2004, 01:53 AM
BillKirch

Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
eating? I

#####################
Why would it be unmannerly for him to blow a snot ball on the floor next to
you? Why would it be unmannerly for him to sing row-row-row your boat at the
top on his lungs? Why do people not wear parkas and fishing boots to a french
restaurant. BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT POLITE PEOPLE DO. MEN DON"T WEAR HATS IN
DOORS! especially in a nice restaurant.
Manners are the grease of life..allowing us to move past each other with out
inconveniencing each other and OFFENDING others. Someone wearing a DIRTY,
scummy, baseball hat INDOORS at a restaurant is just plain rude and white
trashy. BG
Old 23-03-2004, 03:04 AM
MK

rude and classless?
If that gets your dander up life must be good.
mk

Old 23-03-2004, 04:48 AM
BillKirch

That's about as rude as going to a party
and then whining about the hosts afterwards. Remember this post
of yours?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...0001461%40mb-m

05.aol.com

###########
So Is that the kind of party YOU would want to go to? If you defend that you
are just an idiot. Of course I figured that out in December..in another
Newsgroup. BG
Old 23-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Jeremy

Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
turn offend.
Obviously you believe you standard of manners is the correct one, most
people do, unfortunately in the global usenet society you will run up
against people with other standards. Despite that unfortunate experience
of standards not your own, there are actually polite forms of behavior
accepted on usenet and I would suggest you learn them before
unintentionally offending more people.

The most common form of response to people who insist on behaving in an
unacceptable manner on usenet, is for everyone just to killfile them.
You certainly seem determined to encourage people to kill you, yet
insist that you have an intuitive grasp of socially acceptable behavior.
:-)
JJ