Old 23-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Michael Sierchio

Default Take your damn Hats off while eating

BillKirch wrote:

... BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT POLITE PEOPLE DO. MEN DON"T WEAR HATS IN
DOORS! especially in a nice restaurant.

Um, Miss Manners sez if you don't like the way others eat,
don't watch them. Also, it is considered a far worse gaffe
to point out another's lack of politesse.

Back to social lubricant school for you. I'm sure you live
in a world *full* of people who make you uncomfortable.

Old 23-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Michael Sierchio

Jeremy wrote:

Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
turn offend.

Thanks, a very useful characterization of politesse.

You can get a lot farther with a kind word
and a gun than with just a kind word.

- Alfonse Capone

Old 24-03-2004, 12:51 AM
BillKirch

Part of politeness is not taking audible or visible offense at something
that displeases you, and withholding comment when your comment might in
turn offend.

#############
Not saying something is what allows Rude assholes to continue their acions. I.m
glad I don't live in the world of woosiedom like you. Also I feel someof you
may be the people I'm talking about ..and just take offense seeing your own
social rudeness.
BG
"the only thing that allows evil to exist.. is for good men to do( say)
nothing"...Thomas Jefferson
Old 24-03-2004, 03:44 AM
Jeremy

BillKirch wrote:

Not saying something is what allows Rude assholes to continue their acions. I.m
glad I don't live in the world of woosiedom like you. Also I feel someof you
may be the people I'm talking about ..and just take offense seeing your own
social rudeness.
BG

You really are too dense to understand even the first level of humor and
irony, correspond with any alacrity or wit, or even realize how rude,
impolite and embarrassing your post are to people with a normal level of
civilization.
You are not even the most basic of trolls, capable of engaging interest
or stimulating spirited discourse, but merely someone that should
shunned or hushed like a recalcitrant child.

Is that plain enough for you, self defined, rude arsehole. FOAD

:-)

JJ
Old 24-03-2004, 07:08 AM
BillKirch

So why are you telling us instead of confronting these hat-wearers
and party hosts when it happens?

############
But I do
#############
You're last name wouldn't happen to be Kirchenbauer - the 'star'
of the Bullseye BBQ sauce commercial - would it? Or are you just
using his name to deceive people?

############
No that is me. you've cetainly picked an obscure part of my resume to point
out.If I was going to pretend to be someone else ..why would I pick me.
############
You're so unfunny here it can't possibly be the same person.

###############
Why would you think I would be "funny" in a newsgroup? Part of my job is human
observation and to point out stupidity and ignorance...I've made a career of
it. I've also found that when you hit too close to home people get "offended"
BG

Old 24-03-2004, 07:10 AM
BillKirch

You are not even the most basic of trolls, capable of engaging interest
or stimulating spirited discourse, but merely someone that should
shunned or hushed like a recalcitrant child.

Is that plain enough for you, self defined, rude arsehole. FOAD

############
Take off your baseball hat Bevis. BG
Old 24-03-2004, 07:12 AM
BillKirch

Uh, I think we're being played.

#############
You're a regular Jr. FBI agent. BG
Old 24-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Jeremy

Steve Wertz wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:44:46 -0600, Jeremy

Uh, I think we're being played.

http://www.legendsofcomedy.com/bill
http://www.google.com/search?&q=Bill...oogle+ Search

-sw

No, he is not sufficiently talented or sophisticated in his humor to
sustain his self aggrandizing statement of "Part of my job is human
observation and to point out stupidity and ignorance".

He is in fact too stupid to realize how dumb he is :-)

He is also on the kill list.

JJ
Old 24-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Jeremy

You may call me Your Grace or My Lord. You damned ex-colonials have not
manners, breeding nor any idea of how to behave in polite society.
Old 24-03-2004, 09:46 PM
The Ranger

BillKirch wrote in message
[..] How many comedians do you know personally?

Enough to know that you aren't.

It's good to see that you're still a whining, low-browed illiterate with
delusions of grandeur.

The Ranger

Old 25-03-2004, 04:03 AM
BillKirch

Enough to know that you aren't.

It's good to see that you're still a whining, low-browed illiterate with
delusions of grandeur.

The Ranger

################
And you're a inbred.shit kicking, tobacco chewing, redneck. Now go poke your
cousin. I'm outta here. You and swertz are the biggest internet/newsgroup
dicks I've ever met. Just the kind that would wear Baseball caps in a
restaurant. Notice I didn't write "nice restaurant" because I don't think
either of you have ever been to a upscale restaurant. BG
Old 25-03-2004, 05:24 AM
The Ranger

BillKirch wrote in message
[snip]
[..] you're a inbred.shit kicking, tobacco chewing, redneck.

[snip]

Yep. Y'all're squealin' like a pig...

The Ranger

Old 26-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , wrote:

BillKirch wrote:
Why is it rude and classless - just because society dictates it's
rude and classless?

If people want to wear hats in restaurants then that's fine by me

#################
Thats because your mother never taught you any manners. BG

Manners are intended to help keep people from inconveniencing
one another. Why is it unmannerly for a man to wear a hat while
eating? I am not arguing that wearing a hat indoors is considered
bad manners, but why?

Interesting question, Stan. I wonder if it has any basis in a hat
being worn as protection from the elements -- wind and/or rain on one's
coiffure. (Yeah, I know, umbrellas are for keeping the rain off your
head, too.) When you're inside, you no longer need that protection
(barring faulty plumbing upstairs) so you remove your hat.

I think women's headcovering has always been regarded differently -- a
hat may well be part of the ensemble, part of the costume, and as such
is not removed when indoors (usually).

Are men now considering their hats to be part of their costume rather
than protection from crappy weather? Or is it just a general rebellion
-- "nobody's gonna tell ME what to do, by God!"? I'll vote for the
latter.

Where's Miss Manners when you need her?
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 3-26-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
Old 26-03-2004, 10:57 PM
[email protected]

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Are men now considering their hats to be part of their costume rather
than protection from crappy weather? Or is it just a general rebellion
-- "nobody's gonna tell ME what to do, by God!"? I'll vote for the
latter.

I am not sure. Hats really are not that common, at least in my circle
of acquaintances, for men or women.