Posted to rec.food.preserving
Bob (this one)

Default Best sources of Clear-Jel, etc.

Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Cook

"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

>Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
>Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?
>
>Pastorio

At the Yadkin Valley County Store. He carries almost anything you
might need for cooking and baking. If he does not have it he will try
to find it for you. I know I have seen Clear-Jel and need to go down
today to get some. Just bought 10 pounds of Arkansas Black apples
that I want to can as pie filling.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Posted to rec.food.preserving
Hermione

Bob (this one) wrote:

> Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
> Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?
>
> Pastorio

You can order than directly from homecanning.ca or homecanning.com. I
order the clear-gel for making pie filling by printing off their form
and sending in a cheque. I had the clear-gel within 10 days! So the
only delay was the mail time. I was extremely impressed with their service.
Posted to rec.food.preserving
Hermione

The Cook wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote:
>

>>Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
>>Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?
>>
>>Pastorio

> At the Yadkin Valley County Store. He carries almost anything you
> might need for cooking and baking. If he does not have it he will try
> to find it for you. I know I have seen Clear-Jel and need to go down
> today to get some. Just bought 10 pounds of Arkansas Black apples
> that I want to can as pie filling.

Here's the link for Clear-jel in
Canadahttp://www.homecanning.com/can/ALOrder.asp?CAT=482&P=1326

For the US go to homecanning.com/usa then click on the order form then
food products.
Posted to rec.food.preserving
maureeng7eh

What is Clear-jel? (does it have another name in Canada)

"Hermione" > wrote in message
> The Cook wrote:
>
> > "Bob (this one)" > wrote:
> >

> >>Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
> >>Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?
> >>
> >>Pastorio

> > At the Yadkin Valley County Store. He carries almost anything you
> > might need for cooking and baking. If he does not have it he will try
> > to find it for you. I know I have seen Clear-Jel and need to go down
> > today to get some. Just bought 10 pounds of Arkansas Black apples
> > that I want to can as pie filling.
> >

> Here's the link for Clear-jel in
> Canadahttp://www.homecanning.com/can/ALOrder.asp?CAT=482&P=1326
>
> For the US go to homecanning.com/usa then click on the order form then
> food products.

Posted to rec.food.preserving
Hermione

maureeng7eh wrote:

> What is Clear-jel? (does it have another name in Canada)

Clear-jel is a specially formatted cornstarch sold by Bernardin. The
instant clear-jel is used for fruit flans or to provide a thickened
sauce for cold fruits. The regular clear-jel is designed for high heat
to be used as a thickener for pie fillings that are to be canned.

> "Hermione" > wrote in message
>
>>The Cook wrote:

>>>At the Yadkin Valley County Store. He carries almost anything you
>>>might need for cooking and baking. If he does not have it he will try
>>>to find it for you. I know I have seen Clear-Jel and need to go down
>>>today to get some. Just bought 10 pounds of Arkansas Black apples
>>>that I want to can as pie filling.
>>>

>>Here's the link for Clear-jel in
>>Canadahttp://www.homecanning.com/can/ALOrder.asp?CAT=482&P=1326
>>
>>For the US go to homecanning.com/usa then click on the order form then
>>food products.

Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Where are the best sources around where you are to get products like
> Clear-jel (instant and regular) or other modified starches?
>
> Pastorio

Not sure, but try Pacific Pectin in Oakhurst, CA
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.