Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sources for ingredients?

Especially those used in place of white flour when baking

Almond flour and other subsitutes?

There is a Whole Foods less than 3 miles from my house, and other health
food specialty type shops in the metro area, but not as convenient.

Just wondering where others had been able to find these various items.

TIA

--
A R Pickett aka Woodstock

T2, metformin & glyberide
BMI down from over 30 at diagnosis (8/08) to 27.1

"Sometimes the facts threaten the truth"
Amos Oz, prize winning Israeli author

Now blogging!
http://www.journalscape.com/woodstock/

Remove lower case "e" to respond

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"A R Pickett" > wrote in message
news
> Especially those used in place of white flour when baking
>
> Almond flour and other subsitutes?
>
> There is a Whole Foods less than 3 miles from my house, and other health
> food specialty type shops in the metro area, but not as convenient.
>
> Just wondering where others had been able to find these various items.

Almond meal is easy to make in a food processor or Magic Bullet. Just pulse
it, making sure to stop very frequently so you don't get nut butter. If you
don't have either of those things, you can use an old fashioned nut chopper
and just keep chopping until it is dust. Failing that, you can chop in
small quantities using a large knife.

I am lucky in that I can find most of what I need at the various grocery
stores around here. But if I can't I just order online. There are quite a
few places.