Kathi Jones

Default growing zukes....preserving zukes

Hi all,

Well, Ellen was wanting something to read, so I thought I'd post
something....

Even though there is still a foot or so of snow on the ground, and even
THINKING about the garden is 2 months away, Edrena's onions and strawberries
got me wondering....

I'm thinking of planting zucchini this year, because I enjoy the small ones
raw and stir fried, but I don't want to end up in George's shoes and have
to secretly stash dozens and dozens of 'em in the neighbour's front doors,
cars, sheds etc.

So, here's the question - if I plant 'em, what'll I do with the excess? Any
really favourite relishes and crunchy pickles recipes out there? I remember
my Mom grew them when we were kids and she stuffed the big ones - I think I
could do that maybe once for old times sake.....

thanks, way in advance,
Kathi

End of Growing Season Brooklyn1 General Cooking 9 07-10-2016 09:38 PM
Zukes! Todd Diabetic 45 03-08-2013 03:29 AM
Zukes Up The Greasy Kazoo Brooklyn1 General Cooking 27 24-08-2011 02:04 PM
Gad zukes - the aftermath Paul M. Cook General Cooking 7 07-08-2010 07:06 PM
growing zukes....preserving zukes Kathi Jones Preserving 14 06-03-2005 05:23 PM