Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default End of Growing Season

Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
year.
Perfect pumpkins:
http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
neighbors:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
Dwarf cabbages:
http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
Some critter got the last honeydew:
http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
Critter got the last yellow squash too:
http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2016 4:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
> year.
> Perfect pumpkins:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
> neighbors:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
> Dwarf cabbages:
> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
> Some critter got the last honeydew:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

Those veggies look wonderful (exceptions for the dwarf cabbages and a
couple of things where the unknown critters beat you to them). That was
probably an exceptional garden during the growing season. I would love
to be the neighbor lucky enough for you to share your wealth.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:03:00 -0500, MaryL
> wrote:

>On 9/18/2016 4:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
>> year.
>> Perfect pumpkins:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
>> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
>> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
>> neighbors:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
>> Dwarf cabbages:
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
>> Some critter got the last honeydew:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
>> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg
>>

>Those veggies look wonderful (exceptions for the dwarf cabbages and a
>couple of things where the unknown critters beat you to them). That was
>probably an exceptional garden during the growing season. I would love
>to be the neighbor lucky enough for you to share your wealth.
>
>MaryL

Were you nearby I'd be happy to share.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 4:26:51 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
> year.
> Perfect pumpkins:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
> neighbors:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
> Dwarf cabbages:
> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
> Some critter got the last honeydew:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

Everything looks quite tasty, you did very well!

I'm going to take a guess and say either a
squirrel, possum, or raccoon helped themself
to your honey dew and squash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 20:32:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 4:26:51 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
>> year.
>> Perfect pumpkins:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
>> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
>> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
>> neighbors:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
>> Dwarf cabbages:
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
>> Some critter got the last honeydew:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
>> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg
>>

>Everything looks quite tasty, you did very well!
>
>I'm going to take a guess and say either a
>squirrel, possum, or raccoon helped themself
>to your honey dew and squash.

Could be any of those, could also be crows... they like melon seeds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:26:33 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Critter got the last yellow squash too:
>http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

that's a Deer hoof Sheldon, you told me your fence was so high they
could'nt jump over? That Deer was standing right on your Squash plant.

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2016 4:12 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Perhaps a couple bigger deer boosted one of the smaller ones
> over the fence.

Is that how they escaped being sodomized by you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 4:26:51 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
> year.
> Perfect pumpkins:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
> neighbors:
> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
> Dwarf cabbages:
> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
> Some critter got the last honeydew:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

If you're in Brooklyn, then Long Island must be getting the sea salt spray, or "Jersey exhaust". My zenias are still blooming in Oct.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/6/2016 9:38 PM, wrote:
> On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 4:26:51 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Today it's time to begin cleaning out the garden and prepare for next
>> year.
>> Perfect pumpkins:

http://i68.tinypic.com/25f0q61.jpg
>> Only a couple more cabbages remaining:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/jqhmd5.jpg
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/11ayczr.jpg
>> After cleaning each half weighs about 5 pounds, half each for two
>> neighbors:
>> http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6ar0h.jpg
>> Dwarf cabbages:
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/35l6nhu.jpg
>> Some critter got the last honeydew:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/1z70oqw.jpg
>> Critter got the last yellow squash too:
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/23m4kxu.jpg

> If you're in Brooklyn, then Long Island must be getting the sea salt spray, or "Jersey exhaust". My zenias are still blooming in Oct.

You must be new here. He hasn't lived in Brooklyn for *years*.

Jill

OT Kitten is growing Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 31 19-12-2012 12:47 AM
Growing potatoes biig General Cooking 13 26-06-2009 07:20 PM
Growing vegetables Miche[_3_] General Cooking 61 13-04-2008 09:31 PM
Dalmatian tourist season late, growing season full-on johnjgoddard.com General Cooking 3 07-07-2006 06:23 PM
Help with growing vegetables Sweet Orchard Vegan 12 14-01-2004 07:14 PM