Charles Gifford

Default Charlie's Carne Asada

Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite recipe
for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.

Charlie

CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA

Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union

6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks

MARINADE:

1 cup olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
salt and pepper to taste
3 bay leaves
1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)

Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight. Charcoal
grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a filling
for tacos.

Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a good
guacamole!

pulido

"Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
ink.net...
> Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
> recipe
> for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
>
> Charlie
>
> CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
>
> Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
>
> 6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
>
> MARINADE:
>
> 1 cup olive oil
> 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
> 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
> 2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
> 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
> salt and pepper to taste
> 3 bay leaves
> 1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
>

> Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight. Charcoal
> grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a filling
> for tacos.
>
> Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a good
> guacamole!

sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada

http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html

cheers

jose luis

George Beasley

"pulido" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
> ink.net...
> > Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
> > recipe
> > for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
> >
> > Charlie
> >
> > CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
> >
> > Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
> >
> > 6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
> >
> > MARINADE:
> >
> > 1 cup olive oil
> > 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
> > 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
> > 2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
> > 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
> > salt and pepper to taste
> > 3 bay leaves
> > 1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
> >

> > Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight. Charcoal
> > grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a

filling
> > for tacos.
> >
> > Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a

good
> > guacamole!

> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>
> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>

> cheers
>
> jose luis

Bedankt Jose
Elly van Spaandonk

pulido

"George Beasley" > schreef in bericht
ink.net...

> "pulido" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
>> ink.net...
>> > Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
>> > recipe
>> > for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
>> >
>> > Charlie
>> >
>> > CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
>> >
>> > Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
>> >
>> > 6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
>> >
>> > MARINADE:
>> >
>> > 1 cup olive oil
>> > 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
>> > 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>> > 2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
>> > 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
>> > salt and pepper to taste
>> > 3 bay leaves
>> > 1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
>> >

>> > Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight.
>> > Charcoal
>> > grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a

> filling
>> > for tacos.
>> >
>> > Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a

> good
>> > guacamole!

>> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>>
>> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> jose luis
>>

> Bedankt Jose
> Elly van Spaandonk

graag gedaan Elly

jl

pulido

"George Beasley" > schreef in bericht
ink.net...

> "pulido" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
>> ink.net...
>> > Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
>> > recipe
>> > for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
>> >
>> > Charlie
>> >
>> > CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
>> >
>> > Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
>> >
>> > 6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
>> >
>> > MARINADE:
>> >
>> > 1 cup olive oil
>> > 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
>> > 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>> > 2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
>> > 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
>> > salt and pepper to taste
>> > 3 bay leaves
>> > 1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
>> >

>> > Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight.
>> > Charcoal
>> > grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a

> filling
>> > for tacos.
>> >
>> > Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a

> good
>> > guacamole!

>> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>>
>> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> jose luis
>>

> Bedankt Jose
> Elly van Spaandonk

graag gedaan Elly

jl

Paul Covey

I really like the basic chello website, though a couple of recipe clicks
are links to others, perhaps not as good. On the Birria recipe under
main dishes, any comments on what the meat would be, how much, and how
it is cooked?
Paul Covey

pulido wrote:
> "Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
> ink.net...
>
>>Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
>>recipe
>>for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>Charlie
>>
>>CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
>>
>>Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
>>
>>6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
>>
>>MARINADE:
>>
>>1 cup olive oil
>>3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
>>3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>>2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
>>1 tsp. Mexican oregano
>>salt and pepper to taste
>>3 bay leaves
>>1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
>>

>>Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight. Charcoal
>>grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a filling
>>for tacos.
>>
>>Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a good
>>guacamole!

> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>
> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>

> cheers
>
> jose luis

Paul Covey

pulido wrote:
> "Charles Gifford" > schreef in bericht
> ink.net...
>
>>Things have been a little slow here so I thought I'd post my favorite
>>recipe
>>for Carne Asada. I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>Charlie
>>
>>CARNE ASADA A LA TAMPI QUENA
>>
>>Recipe by Charlie; adapted from a recipe from the San Diego Union
>>
>>6 (8 oz. each) sirloin steaks
>>
>>MARINADE:
>>
>>1 cup olive oil
>>3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or pressed
>>3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>>2 tsp. red wine vinegar (Good quality stuff. I like Cabernet vinegar)
>>1 tsp. Mexican oregano
>>salt and pepper to taste
>>3 bay leaves
>>1 cup beer (I use Bohemia as it gives me a chance to drink the extra)
>>

>>Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the steaks overnight. Charcoal
>>grill (or broil) the steaks. Serve with beans and rice or use as a filling
>>for tacos.
>>
>>Notes: Either as steaks or taco filling this goes really well with a good
>>guacamole!

> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>
> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>

> cheers
>
> jose luis

pulido

"Paul Covey" > schreef in bericht
>I really like the basic chello website, though a couple of recipe clicks
>are links to others, perhaps not as good. On the Birria recipe under main
>dishes, any comments on what the meat would be, how much, and how it is
>cooked?
> Paul Covey

hi Paul
which recipe clicks are link to other?
1 Kilo (2.2 lbs.) of beef rib in pieces. is the meat that is use in birria
and is cooked till tender like around 3 hours, it depends.

jose luis

Charles Gifford

"pulido" > wrote in message
. ..

> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>
> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>

> cheers
>
> jose luis

That would be good too. Actually, I have changed the recipe enough that I
should drop the term tampiqueña and just call it Charlie's Carne Asada.

Charlie

David Wright

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:56:12 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>"pulido" > wrote in message
>>

>> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
>>
>> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> jose luis

>That would be good too. Actually, I have changed the recipe enough that I
>should drop the term tampiqueña and just call it Charlie's Carne Asada.
>
>Charlie

That sounds great, Charlie. Do you have access to alt.binaries.food?
I'd love to see a picture of your carne asada.

Charles Gifford

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:56:12 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>

> >"pulido" > wrote in message
> >>

> >> sounds good but carne a la tampiqueña go together with an enchilada
> >>
> >> http://members.chello.nl/j.pulido1/R...ampiquena.html
> >>

> >> cheers
> >>
> >> jose luis

> >That would be good too. Actually, I have changed the recipe enough that I
> >should drop the term tampiqueña and just call it Charlie's Carne Asada.
> >
> >Charlie
> >

> That sounds great, Charlie. Do you have access to alt.binaries.food?
> I'd love to see a picture of your carne asada.

I can have -- very slowly, but my carne asada looks almost exactly like the
one on the web page that Jose Luis posted. I don't serve it with the
enchilada. Instead I serve it with beans, rice, guacamole, and warm
tortillas. I may try the enchilada - it looked awfully good on that plate on
the web site.

Charlie

Carne Asada Qbert General Cooking 1 11-10-2015 01:17 AM
Carne Asada Recipe camrodri General Cooking 10 08-04-2009 04:52 AM
Carne Asada Recipe camrodri Recipes 0 06-04-2009 03:29 PM
Carne Asada Tacos chefrwmiller Recipes (moderated) 0 11-10-2006 11:58 PM
San Diego Carne Asada? Cyron Mexican Cooking 12 21-10-2005 05:20 AM