A1 WBarfieldsr

Default SHREDDED PORK

SHREDDED PORK

1/4 cup lard
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
1 Tbls. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3 Tbls. tomato paste
1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
1-14.5 oz can beef broth
1-14.5 oz can chicken broth

Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
Add the onion and cook until translucent.
Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10 minutes).
Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
easily).

Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
Refrigerate meat until cool.
Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to 1
1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
Makes: 4 cups.

--
William Barfieldsr

Dimitri

A1 WBarfieldsr" The plagiarist

Take a look http://www.molsol.com/Cooking/southwest.html

Hey Putz ! You forgot the green onion pancakes........

Dimitri

"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message

> SHREDDED PORK
>
> 1/4 cup lard
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
> 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
> 1 Tbls. chili powder
> 2 tsp. ground cumin
> 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
> 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
> 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
> 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
> 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
> 3 Tbls. tomato paste
> 1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
> 1-14.5 oz can beef broth
> 1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
>

> Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
> Add the onion and cook until translucent.
> Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10 minutes).
> Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
> Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
> Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
> Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
> easily).
>
> Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
> Refrigerate meat until cool.
> Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to 1
> 1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
> When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
> Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
> Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
> This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
> Makes: 4 cups.
>
> --
> William Barfieldsr

Dimitri

One entry found for plagiarize.

Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
Pronunciation: 'plA-j&-"rIz also -jE-&-
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -rized; -riz·ing
Etymology: plagiary
Date: 1716
transitive senses : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as
one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive senses : to commit literary theft : present as new and original
an idea or product derived from an existing source
- pla·gia·riz·er noun

Take a look>

http://www.molsol.com/Cooking/southwest.html

Dimitri
"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message

> SHREDDED PORK
>
> 1/4 cup lard
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
> 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
> 1 Tbls. chili powder
> 2 tsp. ground cumin
> 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
> 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
> 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
> 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
> 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
> 3 Tbls. tomato paste
> 1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
> 1-14.5 oz can beef broth
> 1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
>

> Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
> Add the onion and cook until translucent.
> Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10 minutes).
> Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
> Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
> Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
> Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
> easily).
>
> Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
> Refrigerate meat until cool.
> Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to 1
> 1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
> When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
> Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
> Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
> This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
> Makes: 4 cups.
>
> --
> William Barfieldsr

Wayne Lundberg

William, William.... William.... Why in the world would I want to make this?
Where is the mystery, where is the convivencia, where is the human
interactivity that would make me even think of making it?

Have you not learned that Mexican food is a cultural thing? How many times
must we tell you that for you to sell your recipes in this forum you must
also give us a mood, a reason, a color....

Bye

"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message

> SHREDDED PORK
>
> 1/4 cup lard
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
> 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
> 1 Tbls. chili powder
> 2 tsp. ground cumin
> 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
> 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
> 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
> 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
> 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
> 3 Tbls. tomato paste
> 1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
> 1-14.5 oz can beef broth
> 1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
>

> Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
> Add the onion and cook until translucent.
> Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10 minutes).
> Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
> Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
> Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
> Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
> easily).
>
> Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
> Refrigerate meat until cool.
> Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to 1
> 1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
> When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
> Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
> Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
> This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
> Makes: 4 cups.
>
> --
> William Barfieldsr

A1 WBarfieldsr

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> William, William.... William.... Why in the world would I want to make

this?
> Where is the mystery, where is the convivencia, where is the human
> interactivity that would make me even think of making it?

> Wayne, Wayne....Wayne.... I have no idea why YOU would want to make this,

but someone without the knowledge, just might. The person making tamales or
enchiladas or some other dish needing shredded pork, and didn't have the
knowledge, might like it. A recipe is, simply stated, a how-to-manual for
someone who doesn't have that knowledge. One's own imagination is what's
required to utilize that knowledge. If I were putting a new roof on my
house, I would need a how-to-manual on roofing , because I have no idea
how that is done. If I were installing a radar unit on an airbus, I would
need an installation manual. If I wanted to cook shredded pork for tamales,
I might need a how-to-manual to complete the project. I might also need a
how-to-manual to prepare the dough and how to execute the installation of
said shredded pork. Now that person may not need the how-to-manual on
making tamale dough, but might need a how-to-manual on the installation of
said dough onto the corn husks. On the other hand they might not even be
preparing the tamale project, but rather some other project altogether. So,
rather than give a how-to-manual on all things utilizing the said shredded
pork how-to-manual, I allowed the person to use their own imagination as to
what, how, where, and when to utilize this how-to-manual on shredded pork.

> Have you not learned that Mexican food is a cultural thing? How many

times
> must we tell you that for you to sell your recipes in this forum you must
> also give us a mood, a reason, a color....

I am not selling anything, but rather giving these how-to-manuals away
freely. If the person reading the how-to-manual can use the information,
then great, if they have no use for it, that's great also. I post for those
that need a how-to-manual to complete a project that was thought of
utilizing their own imagination, not mine.
--
William Barfieldsr

> Bye
>

> "A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
> >
> > SHREDDED PORK
> >
> > 1/4 cup lard
> > 1 large onion, chopped
> > 1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
> > 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
> > 1 Tbls. chili powder
> > 2 tsp. ground cumin
> > 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
> > 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
> > 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
> > 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
> > 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
> > 3 Tbls. tomato paste
> > 1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
> > 1-14.5 oz can beef broth
> > 1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
> >

> > Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
> > Add the onion and cook until translucent.
> > Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10

minutes).
> > Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
> > Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
> > Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
> > Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
> > easily).
> >
> > Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
> > Refrigerate meat until cool.
> > Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to

1
> > 1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
> > When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
> > Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
> > Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
> > This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
> > Makes: 4 cups.
> >
> > --
> > William Barfieldsr

The Ranger

A1 WBarfieldsr > blathered meaninglessly in message
[snip drivel and dreck]

A1, you are such a ****wit.

The Ranger

Jim Lane

A1 WBarfieldsr wrote:

> "Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
>
>>William, William.... William.... Why in the world would I want to make

> this?
>
>>Where is the mystery, where is the convivencia, where is the human
>>interactivity that would make me even think of making it?

>>Wayne, Wayne....Wayne.... I have no idea why YOU would want to make this,

> but someone without the knowledge, just might. The person making tamales or
> enchiladas or some other dish needing shredded pork, and didn't have the
> knowledge, might like it. A recipe is, simply stated, a how-to-manual for
> someone who doesn't have that knowledge. One's own imagination is what's
> required to utilize that knowledge. If I were putting a new roof on my
> house, I would need a how-to-manual on roofing , because I have no idea
> how that is done. If I were installing a radar unit on an airbus, I would
> need an installation manual. If I wanted to cook shredded pork for tamales,
> I might need a how-to-manual to complete the project. I might also need a
> how-to-manual to prepare the dough and how to execute the installation of
> said shredded pork. Now that person may not need the how-to-manual on
> making tamale dough, but might need a how-to-manual on the installation of
> said dough onto the corn husks. On the other hand they might not even be
> preparing the tamale project, but rather some other project altogether. So,
> rather than give a how-to-manual on all things utilizing the said shredded
> pork how-to-manual, I allowed the person to use their own imagination as to
> what, how, where, and when to utilize this how-to-manual on shredded pork.
>

>>Have you not learned that Mexican food is a cultural thing? How many

> times
>
>>must we tell you that for you to sell your recipes in this forum you must
>>also give us a mood, a reason, a color....
>>

> I am not selling anything, but rather giving these how-to-manuals away
> freely. If the person reading the how-to-manual can use the information,
> then great, if they have no use for it, that's great also. I post for those
> that need a how-to-manual to complete a project that was thought of
> utilizing their own imagination, not mine.
> --
> William Barfieldsr
>

>>Bye
>>

>>"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>SHREDDED PORK
>>>
>>>1/4 cup lard
>>>1 large onion, chopped
>>>1 Tbls. Red pepper flakes
>>>2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes
>>>1 Tbls. chili powder
>>>2 tsp. ground cumin
>>>1/2 tsp. ground coriander
>>>1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
>>>1/4 tsp. ground cloves
>>>1/8 tsp. ground allspice
>>>2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
>>>3 Tbls. tomato paste
>>>1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
>>>1-14.5 oz can beef broth
>>>1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
>>>

>>>Heat the lard in a large pot over low heat.
>>>Add the onion and cook until translucent.
>>>Add the pepper flakes and pork, raise heat and brown (about 10

> minutes).
>
>>>Mix in the seasonings and cook 3-5 minutes.
>>>Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
>>>Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
>>>Uncover and simmer for an additional hour (or until the meat shreds
>>>easily).
>>>
>>>Remove the pork from the liquid, using a slotted spoon.
>>>Refrigerate meat until cool.
>>>Place the liquid over high heat and keep at a low boil until reduced to

> 1
>
>>>1/2 cups - about 30 minutes.
>>>When the pork is cool, shred it using fingers or two forks.
>>>Mix it into the sauce and heat through.
>>>Use as a filling for tacos or burritos.
>>>This also works well as the main ingredient for taco salad.
>>>Makes: 4 cups.
>>>
>>>--
>>>William Barfieldsr

Perhaps we should inform these sites and pages that you are ripping off
their material without giving due credit, without any regard to fair use.

Some have been sued for plagerism from web resources, perhaps some jail
time would wise you yup.

jim

A1 WBarfieldsr

You people are such shlemiels. LMAO!! It is just too easy !!!

--
William Barfieldsr
"Jim Lane" > wrote in message
> [...]

> > I am not selling anything, but rather giving these how-to-manuals away
> > freely. If the person reading the how-to-manual can use the

information,
> > then great, if they have no use for it, that's great also. I post for

those
> > that need a how-to-manual to complete a project that was thought of
> > utilizing their own imagination, not mine.
> > --
> > William Barfieldsr
> >

> >>Bye
> >>

> >>"A1 WBarfieldsr" > wrote in message
> .. .

> > minutes).

> > 1

> Perhaps we should inform these sites and pages that you are ripping off
> their material without giving due credit, without any regard to fair use.
>
> Some have been sued for plagerism from web resources, perhaps some jail

David Wright

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:13:09 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> wrote:

>You people are such shlemiels. LMAO!! It is just too easy !!!

If you have such little respect for the people in this ng, why keep
posting?

BTW, on September 14 &15, you and I had a little friendly exchange
about your posting recipes from the web without your giving credit to
your sources. The subject was "Jalisco, Chili Relleno con Queso" and
the whole thread is available in Google Groups. You wrote:

> If I know where I got it I will be glad to post that as well.

That didn't last long, did it? Was it that you weren't getting enough
attention by being honest?

I say that because you certainly took delight in alt.cooking-chat
about stirring up things in this ng with "your" biscuits recipe. This
from October 18:

>I seem to
>always be in the cross hairs of the people in the Mexican newsgroup. They
>only want to talk about "Authentic" Mexican food. I gave them the "Old
>Fashion Biscuits" recipe just to stir them up, and it sure did. I don't
>give a @@@@ if it's "Authentic" anything. I just cook it and eat it, if it
>tastes good, I just might cook it again.

Why don't you just tell us whether your main (or only) purpose in
posting here is to "stir them up"? Will you give us a straightforward
answer to that?

David
The Ranger

David Wright > rhetorically wondered in
message Jackass' posting
habits:
> [suh-NIP] Will you give us a straightforward answer
> to that?

It's very doubtful. A1 wouldn't know straightforward or honest even when it
came up and bit him.

ObFood: Dredged pork cubes in a flour-and-ancho mix, fried in canola oil. It
wasn't bad but I didn't quite get the ratio of flour to anchos down. It made
for a Tum-Tum-Tum night all around.

The Ranger

Jim Lane

David Wright wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:13:09 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> > wrote:
>

>>You people are such shlemiels. LMAO!! It is just too easy !!!

> If you have such little respect for the people in this ng, why keep
> posting?
>
> BTW, on September 14 &15, you and I had a little friendly exchange
> about your posting recipes from the web without your giving credit to
> your sources. The subject was "Jalisco, Chili Relleno con Queso" and
> the whole thread is available in Google Groups. You wrote:
>

>>If I know where I got it I will be glad to post that as well.

> That didn't last long, did it? Was it that you weren't getting enough
> attention by being honest?
>
> I say that because you certainly took delight in alt.cooking-chat
> about stirring up things in this ng with "your" biscuits recipe. This
> from October 18:
>

>>I seem to
>>always be in the cross hairs of the people in the Mexican newsgroup. They
>>only want to talk about "Authentic" Mexican food. I gave them the "Old
>>Fashion Biscuits" recipe just to stir them up, and it sure did. I don't
>>give a @@@@ if it's "Authentic" anything. I just cook it and eat it, if it
>>tastes good, I just might cook it again.

> Why don't you just tell us whether your main (or only) purpose in
> posting here is to "stir them up"? Will you give us a straightforward
> answer to that?
>
> David

A1 is just an unmitigated asshole. He doesn't even rank well as a troll.

Anyone else for putting him up for USENET Kook of the Month? Nah,
probably would denigrate the quality of that honorium.

jim

A1 WBarfieldsr

NO!!

--
William Barfieldsr
"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:13:09 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> > wrote:
>
> >You people are such shlemiels. LMAO!! It is just too easy !!!

> If you have such little respect for the people in this ng, why keep
> posting?
>
> BTW, on September 14 &15, you and I had a little friendly exchange
> about your posting recipes from the web without your giving credit to
> your sources. The subject was "Jalisco, Chili Relleno con Queso" and
> the whole thread is available in Google Groups. You wrote:
>
> > If I know where I got it I will be glad to post that as well.

> That didn't last long, did it? Was it that you weren't getting enough
> attention by being honest?
>
> I say that because you certainly took delight in alt.cooking-chat
> about stirring up things in this ng with "your" biscuits recipe. This
> from October 18:
>
> >I seem to
> >always be in the cross hairs of the people in the Mexican newsgroup.

They
> >only want to talk about "Authentic" Mexican food. I gave them the "Old
> >Fashion Biscuits" recipe just to stir them up, and it sure did. I don't
> >give a @@@@ if it's "Authentic" anything. I just cook it and eat it, if

it
> >tastes good, I just might cook it again.

> Why don't you just tell us whether your main (or only) purpose in
> posting here is to "stir them up"? Will you give us a straightforward
> answer to that?
>
> David

David Wright

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:27:19 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> wrote:

>NO!!

"NO!!" to which question?

David
Jack Schidt®

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:27:19 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> > wrote:
>
> >NO!!

> "NO!!" to which question?

To the question "am I staying in your killfile?"

Jack

A1 WBarfieldsr

Please, please, please don't put me in da killfile masser. I'll be a good
Toby. LOL

--
William Barfieldsr
"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "David Wright" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:27:19 GMT, "A1 WBarfieldsr"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >NO!!

> > "NO!!" to which question?
> >

> To the question "am I staying in your killfile?"
>
> Jack

Shredded pork for lunch Nancy Young General Cooking 6 22-02-2008 06:26 PM
shredded pork in BBQ sauce TammyM General Cooking 1 11-12-2006 07:03 PM
Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-01-2006 01:02 PM
Nick Z's Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2004 10:05 PM
shredded pork roast, how do I...? Ohmster General Cooking 37 12-01-2004 03:27 PM