Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default shredded pork in BBQ sauce

That was dinner. Had a big-a*s Boston butt. It barely fit in the
6-quart pressure cooker. I gave it a goood rub with my BBQ spice
blend and let it hang out in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then I
seared it hard in oil in the PC on all sides. Added a cup or so of
water and set it to cooking at 5 lbs of pressure for an hour. Decided
that wasn't quite enough so quick-released the pressure, reset the
valve to 10lbs of pressure and let 'er rip for another ... not sure,
maybe half hour. Meanwhile, I made a nice bbq sauce to go with. It
was as little too tangy-bitey so I may leave out a bit of the cider
vinegar next time. I wouldn't think of adding anymore molasses! Had
some store-bought burger buns (whole wheat and white), and toasted
those in the toaster oven.

Dinner was mighty fine if I do say so myself. The liquid left in the
PC after straining out the pork was tasty too, so I put it in the
fridge to let the fat rise to the top and harden Will be defatted and
then frozen for later use.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, (TammyM)
wrote:

> That was dinner. Had a big-a*s Boston butt. It barely fit in the
> 6-quart pressure cooker. I gave it a goood rub with my BBQ spice
> blend and let it hang out in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then I
> seared it hard in oil in the PC on all sides. Added a cup or so of
> water and set it to cooking at 5 lbs of pressure for an hour. Decided
> that wasn't quite enough so quick-released the pressure, reset the
> valve to 10lbs of pressure and let 'er rip for another ... not sure,
> maybe half hour. Meanwhile, I made a nice bbq sauce to go with. It
> was as little too tangy-bitey so I may leave out a bit of the cider
> vinegar next time. I wouldn't think of adding anymore molasses! Had
> some store-bought burger buns (whole wheat and white), and toasted
> those in the toaster oven.
>
> Dinner was mighty fine if I do say so myself. The liquid left in the
> PC after straining out the pork was tasty too, so I put it in the
> fridge to let the fat rise to the top and harden Will be defatted and
> then frozen for later use.
>
> TammyM

Hm, thanks for this!
I do use my PC a lot but have never used it for pork butt.
I usually braise those in a big cast iron pot with veggies, garlic and
herbs.

I wonder if I could do a pot roast this way with pork and still stick it
full of garlic slivers?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Shredded pork for lunch Nancy Young General Cooking 6 22-02-2008 06:26 PM
Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-01-2006 01:02 PM
Nick Z's Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2004 10:05 PM
shredded pork roast, how do I...? Ohmster General Cooking 37 12-01-2004 03:27 PM
SHREDDED PORK A1 WBarfieldsr Mexican Cooking 14 02-11-2003 02:43 AM