Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shredded pork for lunch

Not too long ago I was asking if it would be worthwhile
for me to make shredded pork because as much as I love
it, I don't want to have it lunch and dinner for the next
week. You told me it freezes well.

Today, looking through the freezer, what do I find but a
portion of shredded pork I had frozen along with some
frozen sauce.

*You* were right. It was just as delicious as the first day
and it showed no ill effects from freezing.

Thank you!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:34:00 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Not too long ago I was asking if it would be worthwhile
>for me to make shredded pork because as much as I love
>it, I don't want to have it lunch and dinner for the next
>week. You told me it freezes well.
>
>Today, looking through the freezer, what do I find but a
>portion of shredded pork I had frozen along with some
>frozen sauce.
>
>*You* were right. It was just as delicious as the first day
>and it showed no ill effects from freezing.
>
>Thank you!
>
>nancy

I remember the thread. Glad it worked well.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Not too long ago I was asking if it would be worthwhile
> for me to make shredded pork because as much as I love
> it, I don't want to have it lunch and dinner for the next
> week. You told me it freezes well.
>
> Today, looking through the freezer, what do I find but a
> portion of shredded pork I had frozen along with some
> frozen sauce.
>
> *You* were right. It was just as delicious as the first day
> and it showed no ill effects from freezing.
>
> Thank you!

I'd never lie to you, Nancy :-D

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Not too long ago I was asking if it would be worthwhile
>> for me to make shredded pork because as much as I love
>> it, I don't want to have it lunch and dinner for the next
>> week. You told me it freezes well.
>>
>> Today, looking through the freezer, what do I find but a
>> portion of shredded pork I had frozen along with some
>> frozen sauce.

I did a bottom round roast not that long ago in the crockpot and froze
the leftovers, which I turned into enchiladas the other day. Good as
fresh.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> *You* were right. It was just as delicious as the first day
>> and it showed no ill effects from freezing.
>>
>> Thank you!

> I'd never lie to you, Nancy :-D

Heh. I wasn't surprised at the outcome because
you all told me.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> *You* were right. It was just as delicious as the first day
>>> and it showed no ill effects from freezing.
>>>
>>> Thank you!

>> I'd never lie to you, Nancy :-D

> Heh. I wasn't surprised at the outcome because
> you all told me.
>
> nancy

I'm glad you liked it Nancy!

helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"chefhelen" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Heh. I wasn't surprised at the outcome because
>> you all told me.

> I'm glad you liked it Nancy!

(smile!) And I'll do it again.

nancy

Lunch: shredded bbq beef sammich. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 7 21-02-2007 08:17 PM
shredded pork in BBQ sauce TammyM General Cooking 1 11-12-2006 07:03 PM
Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-01-2006 01:02 PM
Nick Z's Shredded Pork Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2004 10:05 PM
SHREDDED PORK A1 WBarfieldsr Mexican Cooking 14 02-11-2003 02:43 AM