Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Don't know what to call it

This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if it
already has a name. It was really good.

1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
2 thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
1 good handful parsley rough chopped
1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
S&P to taste

1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy edges.

saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a bit.
Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer for
20 minutes. Serve over polenta.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Bubbo" > wrote in message
> This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if
> it
> already has a name. It was really good.
>
> 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
> 2 thinly sliced green onions
> 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
> 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
> 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
> 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
> 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
> S&P to taste
>
> 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy
> edges.
>
> saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a
> bit.
> Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer
> for
> 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.
>
> --
> .:Heather:.
> www.velvet-c.com
> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

==========

Hi Heather!

It does have a name.... DELICIOUS!! It sounds divine. I might just have to
make some this week... Thanks for the idea!

--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if it
> already has a name. It was really good.
>
> 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
> 2 thinly sliced green onions
> 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
> 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
> 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
> 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
> 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
> S&P to taste
>
> 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy edges.
>
> saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a bit.
> Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer for
> 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.

Sounds like Polenta a' la' Heather to me... and it sounds good. :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:
> This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if it
> already has a name. It was really good.
>
> 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
> 2 thinly sliced green onions
> 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
> 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
> 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
> 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
> 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
> S&P to taste
>
> 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy edges.
>
> saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a bit.
> Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer for
> 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.

Considering YOU made it - I would call it Vegetarian BARF on a plate.

You still here Boob-o? Some people never learn it seems.

---
"You're not Worthy" - Arrogant ******* Ale
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Its sounds nice and tasty..i'll try to make it for dinner. I'll call
it: Oleha Loha Dinner

--
http://www.cookdojo.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Heather wrote:

> This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if
> it already has a name. It was really good.
>
> 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
> 2 thinly sliced green onions
> 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
> 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
> 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
> 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
> 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
> S&P to taste
>
> 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy
> edges.
>
> saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a
> bit. Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water.
> simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.

I saved it as "Heather's Bean-Artichoke Stew with Polenta." Are you sure
about the 1/4 inch polenta slices? That seems awfully thin.

(Whenever I get around to making it, I'll probably just go with a big dollop
of soft polenta with Parmesan instead of the fried polenta anyway.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> I saved it as "Heather's Bean-Artichoke Stew with Polenta." Are you
> sure about the 1/4 inch polenta slices? That seems awfully thin.

If one wants to fry polenta, better stay thin. 1/4 is a good figure.

> (Whenever I get around to making it, I'll probably just go with a big
> dollop of soft polenta with Parmesan instead of the fried polenta
> anyway.)

Well, these are two totally different worlds: one is a crispy almost-finger
food, the other is creamy/soupy and needs a dish.
Never tried fried polenta slices with bacon (or pancetta) slices, wrapped
around polenta as soon as fried? It's a delight.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JohnHancock wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if it
>> already has a name. It was really good.
>>
>> 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
>> 2 thinly sliced green onions
>> 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
>> 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
>> 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
>> 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
>> 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
>> S&P to taste
>>
>> 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy

edges.

>> saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a

bit.
>> Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer

for
>> 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.
>>

> Considering YOU made it - I would call it Vegetarian BARF on a plate.

what would you call it if someone else made it?

> You still here Boob-o? Some people never learn it seems.

yeah, either I'm dense or you're a shitty teacher because I can't quite put my
finger on what it is you're trying to get me to learn? Try harder, pop-tart.

> ---
> "You're not Worthy" - Arrogant ******* Ale

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <Jf8fg.5785$rS6.4705@fed1read11>,
JohnHancock > wrote:

> The Bubbo wrote:
> > This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or if it
> > already has a name. It was really good.
> >
> > 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
> > 2 thinly sliced green onions
> > 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
> > 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
> > 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
> > 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
> > 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
> > S&P to taste
> >
> > 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to crispy
> > edges.
> >
> > saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to brown a
> > bit.
> > Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit of water. simmer
> > for
> > 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.
> >

> Considering YOU made it - I would call it Vegetarian BARF on a plate.
>
> You still here Boob-o? Some people never learn it seems.
>

> ---
> "You're not Worthy" - Arrogant ******* Ale

Oh goodie!

More fodder for the killfile........ :-P

Bu-Bye!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 31 May 2006 08:54:43a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
OmManiPadmeOmelet?

> In article <Jf8fg.5785$rS6.4705@fed1read11>,
> JohnHancock > wrote:
>
>> The Bubbo wrote:
>> > This is what I made for dinner tonight. Don't know what to call it or
>> > if it already has a name. It was really good.
>> >
>> > 1 head roasted garlic, skinned and mashed
>> > 2 thinly sliced green onions
>> > 1/4 cup basil cut in a fine chiffonade
>> > 1 good handful parsley rough chopped
>> > 1/4 chopped canned artichoke hearts
>> > 1 14 ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
>> > 1 15.8 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
>> > S&P to taste
>> >
>> > 1 tube ready made polenta sliced to 1/4 inch slices and fried to
>> > crispy edges.
>> >
>> > saute garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil until they start to
>> > brown a bit. Add tomatoes. Stir. Add everything else and maybe a bit
>> > of water. simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over polenta.
>> >

>> Considering YOU made it - I would call it Vegetarian BARF on a plate.
>>
>> You still here Boob-o? Some people never learn it seems.
>>

>> ---
>> "You're not Worthy" - Arrogant ******* Ale

> Oh goodie!
>
> More fodder for the killfile........ :-P
>
> Bu-Bye!

I have renamed my killfile "asshole bin".

--

Wayne Boatwright

"How can a nation be great if it's bread taste like Kleenex?"

Julia Child

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:01:57 GMT, Vilco wrote:

> Never tried fried polenta slices with bacon (or pancetta) slices, wrapped
> around polenta as soon as fried? It's a delight.

Put my bacon on the side please. I like my fried polenta (aka:
mush).... for breakfast: cut thick, crispy on the outside - slathered
with butter and drenched in real maple syrup.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.