Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

Default What would you call this

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

--
Helen in beautiful Fergus, Ontario Canada ~~ RVTOBFREE
www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"MoM" > wrote in message
. ..
>I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
> sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise flavour
> seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM

Spaghetti sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
> sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise flavour
> seeds.

> 2 lbs ground beef.

> It's all simmering on the stove.

> So is there a name for this?

> MoM

Dinner? K

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>Yes, it's called "slop".

Mmmm! Slop!

And that's a compliment coming from projectile vomit chick... she's
accustomed to the piquant flavor of her own bile.
"Slop" to her is a culinary delight. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jo Ling

Spaghetti Bolognaise

"MoM" > wrote in message
. ..
>I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
> sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise flavour
> seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM
>
> --
> Helen in beautiful Fergus, Ontario Canada ~~ RVTOBFREE
> www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

MoM wrote:
> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM

Supper!

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>
>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?
>>
>> MoM
>>

> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
> a Sauce Bolognese.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

It turned out great!

We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
I'm just not hungry.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Bubba" > wrote in message
> MoM wrote:
>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?
>>
>> MoM
>>

> Supper!
>
> --
> You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

LOL!

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

Oh, ok.

"Jo Ling" > wrote in message
> Spaghetti Bolognaise
>
> "MoM" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?
>>
>> MoM
>>
>> --
>> Helen in beautiful Fergus, Ontario Canada ~~ RVTOBFREE
>> www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>
>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?
>>
>> MoM
>>

> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
> a Sauce Bolognese.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I just looked it up on Epicurious and it shows milk in the
sauce. None in mine.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Bubba" > wrote

> MoM wrote:
>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
>> sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise
>> flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?

> Supper!

If not for the ground beef, substituting chicken, it would
be chicken cacchiatori at my house.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

MoM wrote:
> I'm making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Stop right there... Pantalones a la Puttanesca... doesn't get any more
italian than that! <G>

Sheldoni Linguinni

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"MoM" > wrote:

> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM

MoM's Special Spaghetti Sauce.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 01:47:54p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>>
>>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil,
>>> oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>>
>>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>>
>>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>>
>>> So is there a name for this?
>>>
>>> MoM
>>>

>> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
>> a Sauce Bolognese.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>

> I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

No peppers but a couple of other things, including a bit of milk or cream.

> It turned out great!

Then name it Spaghetti a la Helen!

> We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
> I'm just not hungry.

Not a bad idea. Because of our different schedules, we don't get to eat
dinner until around 8:30 p.m. That's way too late in my book, but if we
want to eat together, that's what we have to do.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

MoM replied to Wayne:

>>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>>
>>> 2 lbs ground beef.

>> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting a Sauce
>> Bolognese.

> I just looked it up on Epicurious and it shows milk in the sauce. None in
> mine.

Right. What YOU made was Alfredo Sauce. ;-)

Or was it Ground Beef Scampi?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London

MoM wrote:

> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>
> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>
> 2 lbs ground beef.
>
> It's all simmering on the stove.
>
> So is there a name for this?
>
> MoM

Yes. It's English spaghetti bolognese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> MoM replied to Wayne:

>>> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting a Sauce
>>> Bolognese.

>> I just looked it up on Epicurious and it shows milk in the sauce. None
>> in mine.

> Right. What YOU made was Alfredo Sauce. ;-)
>
> Or was it Ground Beef Scampi?
>
> Bob

Ground beef scampi???????? ROFL!!!! :-) You win a case of beer, somehow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Arri London" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> MoM wrote:
>>
>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>
>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>
>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>
>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>
>> So is there a name for this?
>>
>> MoM

> Yes. It's English spaghetti bolognese.

Noo! In the bolognese there aren't anice seeds
Cheers
pandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:57:57 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> "Arri London" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >

> > MoM wrote:
> >>
> >> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
> >>
> >> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> >> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> >> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
> >>
> >> 2 lbs ground beef.
> >>
> >> It's all simmering on the stove.
> >>
> >> So is there a name for this?
> >>
> >> MoM

> > Yes. It's English spaghetti bolognese.

> Noo! In the bolognese there aren't anice seeds
> Cheers
> pandy

Yehbut ever worse, ground beef and fennel seeds?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Arri London" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>

>> MoM wrote:
>>>
>>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>>
>>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
>>> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>>
>>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>>
>>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>>
>>> So is there a name for this?
>>>
>>> MoM

>> Yes. It's English spaghetti bolognese.

> Noo! In the bolognese there aren't anice seeds
> Cheers
> pandy

What about basil? It's slightly anise tasting. BTW, I
crushed the few anise seeds I used.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London

Pandora wrote:

> "Arri London" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >

> > MoM wrote:
> >>
> >> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
> >>
> >> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
> >> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
> >> basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
> >>
> >> 2 lbs ground beef.
> >>
> >> It's all simmering on the stove.
> >>
> >> So is there a name for this?
> >>
> >> MoM

> > Yes. It's English spaghetti bolognese.

> Noo! In the bolognese there aren't anice seeds
> Cheers
> pandy

LOL that's why I called it 'English' spaghetti bolognese. No one from
Bologna would recognise it as such. But that's the common English
tomato-based spaghetti sauce; with or without anise.