Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default supper tonight

Well I finally did it...(got tired of spun lime slices under the skin
chicken).

Tonight I took some (3 cloves) garlic,salt, fresh ground black pepper,
butter and terragon (from a jar) and made a paste in my mortor (or is it
pestel?). So it's garlic butter paste under the skin spun chicken for
supper....Smells heavenly...making me very hungry.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude

I'm making foccacia-pesto pizza. Bought the foccacia at Panera, topping
it with fresh pesto, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, carmelized
onions, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and a little ricotta and
shredded mozzarella / provolone. Serving it with a big salad - greens,
carrots, broccoli, sunflower seeds , and a choice of leftover
dressings: bleu cheese, creamy roasted garlic, or caesar. maybe some
fruit on the saide to round things out.

Alongside I'll serve this decent merlot that they were sampling at
Kroger today. Pretty good f0r $6 wine!

For dessert, we'll finish off the pan of chocolate-coconut-macadamia
bars.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

" terragon (from a jar) and made a paste in my mortor (or is it
pestel?). So it's garlic butter paste under the skin spun chicken for
supper....Smells heavenly...
-------------------
Since you asked, it's "mortar" {sic} and "pestle" {sic}--and the mortar
is the bowl , the pestle is the thing you crush the food with. But,
what is "skin spun", please??
Nancree

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Aitken

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
> Well I finally did it...(got tired of spun lime slices under the skin
> chicken).
>
> Tonight I took some (3 cloves) garlic,salt, fresh ground black pepper,
> butter and terragon (from a jar) and made a paste in my mortor (or is it
> pestel?). So it's garlic butter paste under the skin spun chicken for
> supper....Smells heavenly...making me very hungry.

What is spun chicken - I never heard of it.

It is "mortar and pestle" with the former being the bowl and the latter
being the crusher.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Mr Libido Incognito wrote on 23 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Well I finally did it...(got tired of spun lime slices under the skin
> chicken).
>
> Tonight I took some (3 cloves) garlic,salt, fresh ground black pepper,
> butter and terragon (from a jar) and made a paste in my mortor (or is it
> pestel?). So it's garlic butter paste under the skin spun chicken for
> supper....Smells heavenly...making me very hungry.

Spun Chicken? well you puts it in a rotisserrie and either rotate it or
spin it...Spun is the past tense of spin; cause ifin you ate the chicken
while it was spining you'd do yourself a damage when your tongue wraped
around and around...

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

kev quipped:

>> Tonight I took some (3 cloves) garlic,salt, fresh ground black pepper,
>> butter and terragon (from a jar) and made a paste in my mortor (or is it
>> pestel?). So it's garlic butter paste under the skin spun chicken for
>> supper....Smells heavenly...making me very hungry.

> "Spun chicken"? You cook that in the washing machine on the spin
> cycle?
>
> I think it's mortor although you never see the one without the other,
> so maybe it's the pestal... I just say, "the bowl-thingy". Kev

The mortar is the bowl-thingy. The pestle is the squasher-thingy.

"Spun" is cooked on a rotisserie. Took a moment for me to fathom.

Bob