Mr Libido Incognito

Default supper tonight

I have been Jonesing a grilled reuben for some time now. And lo-carbing it
restricts my access to bread...So I invented the low carb reuben
quasdillia.

Very nice hit the spot.

2 lower carb 8 inch tortillias, with a standardized filling...corned beef
saurkraut, gouda and just a pinch of 1000 island dressing (say 2 tbsps)
....grilled in a 10 inch fry pan. Eaten with a side of several vlasic garlic
dills. I stepped away from the plate for under 30 Carbs.
--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
kilikini

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
> I have been Jonesing a grilled reuben for some time now. And lo-carbing it
> restricts my access to bread...So I invented the low carb reuben
> quasdillia.
>
> Very nice hit the spot.
>
> 2 lower carb 8 inch tortillias, with a standardized filling...corned beef
> saurkraut, gouda and just a pinch of 1000 island dressing (say 2 tbsps)
> ...grilled in a 10 inch fry pan. Eaten with a side of several vlasic

garlic
> dills. I stepped away from the plate for under 30 Carbs.
> --

Good Job, Mr. B! Very ingenious.

kili

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> I have been Jonesing a grilled reuben for some time now. And lo-carbing it
> restricts my access to bread...So I invented the low carb reuben
> quasdillia.
>
> Very nice hit the spot.
>
> 2 lower carb 8 inch tortillias, with a standardized filling...corned beef
> saurkraut, gouda and just a pinch of 1000 island dressing (say 2 tbsps)
> ...grilled in a 10 inch fry pan. Eaten with a side of several vlasic garlic
> dills. I stepped away from the plate for under 30 Carbs.

Low carb tortillas can be a godsend...
providing you can find ones that don't taste like cardboard. ;-)

The HEB store brand ones I can get here really are quite good. Mission
brand sucks IMHO.

What brand are you using?

Sometimes pita can work if you are careful.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Mr Libido Incognito

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote on 24 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Low carb tortillas can be a godsend...
> providing you can find ones that don't taste like cardboard. ;-)
>
> The HEB store brand ones I can get here really are quite good. Mission
> brand sucks IMHO.
>
> What brand are you using?
>
> Sometimes pita can work if you are careful.
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Om.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
> Nicholson

Orowheat brand...Pita's are very carby up here.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Jumping Jack Flash

> 2 lower carb 8 inch tortillias, with a standardized filling...corned beef
> saurkraut, gouda and just a pinch of 1000 island dressing (say 2 tbsps)
> ...grilled in a 10 inch fry pan. Eaten with a side of several vlasic
> garlic
> dills. I stepped away from the plate for under 30 Carbs.

Let's see....Corned Beef, 2 TBSP of 1,000 dressing...yeah, the bead would've
killed you.

Mr Libido Incognito

Jumping Jack Flash wrote on 25 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> > 2 lower carb 8 inch tortillias, with a standardized filling...corned
> > beef saurkraut, gouda and just a pinch of 1000 island dressing (say
> > 2 tbsps) ...grilled in a 10 inch fry pan. Eaten with a side of
> > several vlasic garlic
> > dills. I stepped away from the plate for under 30 Carbs.

> Let's see....Corned Beef, 2 TBSP of 1,000 dressing...yeah, the bead
> would've killed you.

Sarcasism or just bad spelling?

--
The eyes are the mirrors....