Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default supper tonight

Last night I rotisseried a sirlon roast to rare and it was ok but a little
tuff. So tonight I sliced up the remaining roast plus whatever juices
collected in the ziplock bag from a night in the fridge; added that to a
braising pan along with a sliced red onion and a mess of quartered
mushrooms, a goodly amount of sherry, 1 cup water and powdered beef
bullion. Aleppo pepper, celery seed and garlic powder was the seasoning.
Figure after 2 or 3 hours at 300F should be nice and tender...some for
supper and some for supper at work on monday...

BTW I have one of those Radio controled clocks from Lee Valley...Saves
remembering when Daylight savings changes as it corrects automaticly, plus
keeps exact time...

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Last night I rotisseried a sirlon roast to rare and it was ok but a little
> tuff. So tonight I sliced up the remaining roast plus whatever juices
> collected in the ziplock bag from a night in the fridge; added that to a
> braising pan along with a sliced red onion and a mess of quartered
> mushrooms, a goodly amount of sherry, 1 cup water and powdered beef
> bullion. Aleppo pepper, celery seed and garlic powder was the seasoning.
> Figure after 2 or 3 hours at 300F should be nice and tender...some for
> supper and some for supper at work on monday...

This sounds delicious. I love braised sirloin, and the mushrooms will make
it
perfect. I would skip the boullion, though, and use broth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 12:51*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> This sounds delicious. I love braised sirloin, and the mushrooms will make
> it
> perfect. I would skip the boullion, though, and use broth.

Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not a broth make,
you festering hole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick wrote:
>"cybercat" wrote:
>
> > This sounds delicious. I love braised sirloin,
> > and the mushrooms will make it perfect.
> > I would skip the boullion, though, and use broth.

> Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not
> a broth make, you festering hole.

Hmm, clarified and declotted cyberstock... zoos could use it as rhino
skin defolient or to unclog storm drains.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> projectile vomit chick wrote:

>> > Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not
>> > a broth make, you festering hole.

>> Hmm, clarified and declotted cyberstock... zoos could use it as rhino
>> skin defolient or to unclog storm drains.

> Or even as a vagicide...

I would say you function as a homicide.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in
> I didn't have beef broth in the house but I did have boullion powder.

It's fine in a pinch. There's just a flavor in it that I don't like, I can
taste
the chemicals in it.

> Later in the morning I drove to the pharmacy (needed drug refills), damn
> near had 2 accidents due to icy road conditions so I'm kinda glad I went
> with the boullion. And the pharmacy is fairly close less than a 5 minute
> drive. Whereas the Grocery store is much further and thusly more prone to
> more accident opportunities.

So you're up in the icy area, poor you. Sounds like good braised sirloin
weather.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 4:45�pm, "Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > projectile vomit chick wrote:

> > > Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not
> > > a broth make, you festering hole.

> > Hmm, clarified and declotted cyberstock... zoos could use it as rhino
> > skin defolient or to unclog storm drains.

> Or even as a vagicide...

That's how she gets about, mucosa vagility, like a slug.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> projectile vomit chick wrote:
> >"cybercat" wrote:
> >
> > > This sounds delicious. I love braised sirloin,
> > > and the mushrooms will make it perfect.
> > > I would skip the boullion, though, and use broth.

> > Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not
> > a broth make, you festering hole.

> Hmm, clarified and declotted cyberstock... zoos could use it as rhino
> skin defolient or to unclog storm drains.

Or even as a vagicide...

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

On Mar 9, 4:45?pm, "Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > projectile vomit chick wrote:

> > > Straining your nasty knickers over a Dutch oven does not
> > > a broth make, you festering hole.

> > Hmm, clarified and declotted cyberstock... zoos could use it as rhino
> > skin defolient or to unclog storm drains.

> Or even as a vagicide...

That's how she gets about, mucosa vagility, like a slug.

---------------------

GM:

And slugs eat *far* better than the cybermucous, too...they don't have to
shop at Aldi, lol.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberkonfused blabbles:

> "hahabogus" > wrote in message
> > Last night I rotisseried a sirlon roast to rare and it was ok but a

little
> > tuff. So tonight I sliced up the remaining roast plus whatever juices
> > collected in the ziplock bag from a night in the fridge; added that to a
> > braising pan along with a sliced red onion and a mess of quartered
> > mushrooms, a goodly amount of sherry, 1 cup water and powdered beef
> > bullion. Aleppo pepper, celery seed and garlic powder was the seasoning.
> > Figure after 2 or 3 hours at 300F should be nice and tender...some for
> > supper and some for supper at work on monday...
> >

> This sounds delicious. I love braised sirloin, and the mushrooms will make
> it
> perfect. I would skip the boullion, though, and use broth.

You don't know the difference in any case...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

it is good and i will try to rotisserie, thank you.

atopsilver.com