elmo

Default lambs heart

hi
I am new here and a bit of a no brainer when it comes to cooking.
Could someone please explai to me how to prepare and roast lambs
heart? Thanks
Dan Levy

"elmo" > wrote in message
om...
> hi
> I am new here and a bit of a no brainer when it comes to cooking.
> Could someone please explai to me how to prepare and roast lambs
> heart? Thanks

Pressure cooker

Dan Levy

"elmo" > wrote in message
om...
> hi
> I am new here and a bit of a no brainer when it comes to cooking.
> Could someone please explai to me how to prepare and roast lambs
> heart? Thanks

Pressure cooker

Kswck

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:35:39 GMT, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>
> >Nah, pickle em in a 2 quart jar-like deer hearts. Great straight out of

the
> >jar.

> You cook 'em first, yes?
>
> -sw

nope

Kswck

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:35:39 GMT, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>
> >Nah, pickle em in a 2 quart jar-like deer hearts. Great straight out of

the
> >jar.

> You cook 'em first, yes?
>
> -sw

nope

Doug Freyburger

Katra wrote:
> Kswck wrote:
>
> > Nah, pickle em in a 2 quart jar-like deer hearts. Great straight out of the
> > jar.

> Never tried pickled hearts... Do you pickle them raw?

My grandmother and my current country-living relatives who pickle
venison hearts do it with a process that cooks the meat at the same
time it seals the jars. That's more heat than is usually applied
to a jelly or whatever in order to acheive the cooking.

Heart is too tough to eat straight. So it must be sliced very thin,
or simmered slowly, or any other trick designed to break down the
fibers.
Doug Freyburger

Katra wrote:
> Kswck wrote:
>
> > Nah, pickle em in a 2 quart jar-like deer hearts. Great straight out of the
> > jar.

> Never tried pickled hearts... Do you pickle them raw?

My grandmother and my current country-living relatives who pickle
venison hearts do it with a process that cooks the meat at the same
time it seals the jars. That's more heat than is usually applied
to a jelly or whatever in order to acheive the cooking.

Heart is too tough to eat straight. So it must be sliced very thin,
or simmered slowly, or any other trick designed to break down the
fibers.

Kswck

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:49:57 GMT, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

of
> >the
> >>
> >> You cook 'em first, yes?

> >nope

> Raw heart - devil's food.
>
> They must be tough as rubber. Heart needs long cooking to make it
> tender. I don't see vinegar alone making it very tender.
>
> -sw

My cousin swears by them. I personally thing they are nasty.

Kswck