Old 20-03-2004, 06:28 PM
projectile vomit chick

Default How are Bacon Bits made?

wrote in message
How are Bacon Bits made?
What are the main ingredients?
Do they actually contain meat?
Can people make them at home?

Thanks for all info.

They are unusually large feces flakes.

Old 20-03-2004, 08:32 PM
limey

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
Most of the commercial brands (like Hormel) are actually made from
ham scraps rather than pork bellies (cheaper, makes them less
fatty, and they're easier to preserve).

The fake crunchy ones are TVP with artificial smoke flavoring.

-sw

Er --- what's TVP?

Dora

Old 20-03-2004, 10:07 PM
LAllin

Actually, Steve was pretty close; he was likely referring to a product of
Tone Brothers, labelled Tone Imitation Bacon Bits; I most often see them in
the spice aisle at Sam's Club. There are also at least two other companies
that make Imitation Bacon Bits, Ryt-Way and Marburger.

On 20-Mar-2004, Steve Wertz wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:54:23 GMT, "x-archive:no"
wrote:

The brand "Bacon Bits" is a soy product, with flavoring. They contain
no meat. I don't know how to make them at home.

There is no brand called "Bacon Bits". You're thinking of
"Baco's"

-sw

Old 20-03-2004, 10:12 PM
LAllin

My bad; that should have read: "Actually, Steve, he was pretty close...."

Old 21-03-2004, 02:11 AM
projectile vomit chick

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:07:12 GMT, "LAllin"
wrote:

Actually, Steve was pretty close; he was likely referring to a product of
Tone Brothers, labelled Tone Imitation Bacon Bits; I most often see them

in
the spice aisle at Sam's Club. There are also at least two other

companies
that make Imitation Bacon Bits, Ryt-Way and Marburger.

"Imitation Bacon Bits" are a product sold by many manufacturers -
the most common and popular of which is called "Bacos".

"Bacon Bits" are *not* a brand name. It's a product.

Oh, okay O Fat Guru. Lord knows you have to chime in on every ****ing
thread and have to have the last word, too. Do you actually have a life
outside of Usenet?

Old 21-03-2004, 02:11 AM
projectile vomit chick

wrote:

Actually, Steve was pretty close; he was likely referring to a product of
Tone Brothers, labelled Tone Imitation Bacon Bits; I most often see them

in
the spice aisle at Sam's Club. There are also at least two other

companies
that make Imitation Bacon Bits, Ryt-Way and Marburger.

"Imitation Bacon Bits" are a product sold by many manufacturers -
the most common and popular of which is called "Bacos".

"Bacon Bits" are *not* a brand name. It's a product.

Oh, okay O Fat Guru. Lord knows you have to chime in on every ****ing
thread and have to have the last word, too. Do you actually have a life
outside of Usenet?

drag bits, step drag bits, chevron drag bits, API Reg thread dragbits, API IF thread drag bits, Arod thread drag bits, Nrod thread drag bits,2-wings drag bits, 3-wings drag bits, 4-wings drag bits, carbide drag bits,PDC drag bits, clay bits Jack[_10_] Baking 0 02-06-2009 03:02 AM
Making real bacon bits... Omelet General Cooking 144 18-02-2007 04:00 PM
Making Bacon Bits Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 7 10-07-2006 04:34 AM
Making Bacon Bits Andy General Cooking 3 10-07-2006 04:31 AM
Carbonara with bacon...bits? Ferrante General Cooking 45 12-10-2003 01:10 AM