Kate ......

Default Lost recipe .....

I would like to give the ultimate tater tot recipe a go. Didn't get it
copied , and hope who ever sent it in will repeat it. I love the things.
Thank you in advance . Kate

Rusty

Ultimate Tater Tot Hotdish

Spray a 9" by 13" cake pan or casserole with no-stick stuff.
Layer in the following ingredients in this order:
2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
2 pounds hamburger, cooked and drained
1/2 package of dry onion soup mix
1 can French fried onions
2 cans cream of whatever soup mixed with 1 small can evaporated milk
Slices of American cheese (the sandwich kind)
Tater Tots to cover (I line 'em up neatly.)

Bake at 350=B0 about 45 minutes or until Tater Tots look really done.
Serves at least eight with leftovers.

__
Rusty
Sacramento, CA

Goomba38

Kate ...... wrote:

>>I could post it, but searching is a good skill to practice.
>>--
>>-Barb
>><www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05
>>"I got the motive, which is money; and the body, which is dead!" - Rod
>>Steiger as Sheriff Gillespie, "In the Heat of the Night," 1967.

> Thank you a lot, Barb. You are so kind. kate

LOL, you know the saying:

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day,
Teach him to use a computer, and he won't
bother you for weeks

(Andy Rooney-ism)
Goomba

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Goomba38
> wrote:

> Kate ...... wrote:
>
> >>I could post it, but searching is a good skill to practice.
> >>--
> >>-Barb
> >><www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05
> >>"I got the motive, which is money; and the body, which is dead!" - Rod
> >>Steiger as Sheriff Gillespie, "In the Heat of the Night," 1967.

> > Thank you a lot, Barb. You are so kind. kate
> >

> LOL, you know the saying:
>
> Give a man a fish, he eats for a day,
> Teach him to use a computer, and he won't
> bother you for weeks
>
> (Andy Rooney-ism)
> Goomba

But this was no bother. I figured the OP hadn't searched because she
didn't know how to use the Google Groups Advanced Search page. I was
trying to help her learn to help herself. I still don't have my search
skills perfected -- I may bug Bubba Vic about that one of these days. I
do things in what I think is the right way and come up with all sorts of
stuff that's not what I'm looking for -- and I don't know what I'm doing
wrong.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam pics added 2-7-05.
Goomba38

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> But this was no bother. I figured the OP hadn't searched because she
> didn't know how to use the Google Groups Advanced Search page. I was
> trying to help her learn to help herself. I still don't have my search
> skills perfected -- I may bug Bubba Vic about that one of these days. I
> do things in what I think is the right way and come up with all sorts of
> stuff that's not what I'm looking for -- and I don't know what I'm doing
> wrong.

I know you didn't think it was a bother. I hope I
didn't offend you or the OP? It just struck me
that the line from Andy Rooney (or just from some
email list circulating under his name with
assorted observations) was apropos and just kinda
funny. I'll add the "thoughts" below in case
anyone else might enjoy a giggle?

Goomba

Thoughts to End 2004 by Andy Rooney

Number 11 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 10- Health is merely the slowest possible
rate at which one can
die.

Number 9 - Give a person a fish and you feed them
for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and
they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 8 - Some people are like Slinkies.....not
really good for anything, but you still can't help
but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Number 7 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid
someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Number 6 - Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing
again.

Number 5 - All of us could take a lesson from the
weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 4 - Why does a slight tax increase cost you
two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut
saves you thirty cents?

Number 3 - In the 60's, people took acid to make
the world weird. Now the world is weird and people
take Prozac to make it normal.

Number 2 - Politics is supposed to be the second
oldest profession I have come to realize that it
bears a very close resemblance to the first.

AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2004:
Terrorists come to America legally and hang around
on expired visas for as long as 10-15 years. Now
take Blockbuster - You're two days late with
a video rental and those people are all over
you..... I think we should put Blockbuster in
charge of our immigration.

Kate ......

Rusty wrote:

> Ultimate Tater Tot Hotdish
>
> Spray a 9" by 13" cake pan or casserole with no-stick stuff.
> Layer in the following ingredients in this order:
> 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
> 2 pounds hamburger, cooked and drained
> 1/2 package of dry onion soup mix
> 1 can French fried onions
> 2 cans cream of whatever soup mixed with 1 small can evaporated milk
> Slices of American cheese (the sandwich kind)
> Tater Tots to cover (I line 'em up neatly.)
>
> Bake at 350° about 45 minutes or until Tater Tots look really done.
> Serves at least eight with leftovers.
>
> __
> Rusty
> Sacramento, CA

Thank you, Rusty. I am sure I'm going to love this recipe. So good to
have it again. Will make sure I copy it right away, this time . hugs ,
Kate

Kate ......

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> > > Have you searched the Google groups archives?
> > > <http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search>
> > > Start there and type in "ultimate tater tot hotdish" (without the
> > > quotes) in the box that says Find ALL the words. Then fill in the rest
> > > of the query form with appropriate information (you won't fill all the
> > > fields. Narrow the search date to between February 1 and today.) It's
> > > there.
> > >
> > > I could post it, but searching is a good skill to practice.
> > > --
> > > -Barb

> > Thank you a lot, Barb. You are so kind. kate

> I can't tell if that's a sarcastic remark or not. I didn't post the
> recipe because I figured you'd want to know how to be able to help
> yourself in the future and I gave you a good start in using Google's
> group search function. No offense intended.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam pics added 2-7-05.
> "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and
> say,'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner,
> performance at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

Hi Barb,
It was most certainly not a sarcastic remark. I meant exactly what I said .
And I think you are a swell lady. Have watched you help a lot of people here,
for many years. I should have done my own hunting , but was a busy day . I
took the lazy way and ask. Shame on me ... hugs kate

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Goomba38
> wrote:
(snip)
> AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2004:
> Terrorists come to America legally and hang around
> on expired visas for as long as 10-15 years. Now
> take Blockbuster - You're two days late with
> a video rental and those people are all over
> you..... I think we should put Blockbuster in
> charge of our immigration.

Those are hilarious and I need a laugh right now. Bad news for a family
member (not my immediate family) has me stewing. I've put a note on my
website.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05
"I got the motive, which is money; and the body, which is dead!" - Rod
Steiger as Sheriff Gillespie, "In the Heat of the Night," 1967.
Puester

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Bad news for a family member (not my immediate family)

has me stewing. I've put a note on my website.

Oh, Barb, what a terrible thing for both of them.
My heart goes out to Patty.

gloria p
Ophelia

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >, Goomba38
> > wrote:
> (snip)
>> AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2004:
>> Terrorists come to America legally and hang around
>> on expired visas for as long as 10-15 years. Now
>> take Blockbuster - You're two days late with
>> a video rental and those people are all over
>> you..... I think we should put Blockbuster in
>> charge of our immigration.
>>

> Those are hilarious and I need a laugh right now. Bad news for a family
> member (not my immediate family) has me stewing. I've put a note on my
> website.

I am so sorry Barb God bless you all.

Lost recipe help Sharon[_7_] General Cooking 4 03-10-2013 11:16 PM
Help I lost a recipe . . . (actually I lost the book) Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 7 07-11-2008 01:07 PM
Lost recipe biig General Cooking 3 19-03-2005 08:26 PM
Help! Lost my recipe... F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 2 26-09-2004 12:24 AM
Help---lost a "Dimitri" recipe. chefjeff General Cooking 25 06-05-2004 07:23 AM