Goomba38

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> But this was no bother. I figured the OP hadn't searched because she
> didn't know how to use the Google Groups Advanced Search page. I was
> trying to help her learn to help herself. I still don't have my search
> skills perfected -- I may bug Bubba Vic about that one of these days. I
> do things in what I think is the right way and come up with all sorts of
> stuff that's not what I'm looking for -- and I don't know what I'm doing
> wrong.

I know you didn't think it was a bother. I hope I
didn't offend you or the OP? It just struck me
that the line from Andy Rooney (or just from some
email list circulating under his name with
assorted observations) was apropos and just kinda
funny. I'll add the "thoughts" below in case
anyone else might enjoy a giggle?

Goomba

Thoughts to End 2004 by Andy Rooney

Number 11 - Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 10- Health is merely the slowest possible
rate at which one can
die.

Number 9 - Give a person a fish and you feed them
for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and
they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 8 - Some people are like Slinkies.....not
really good for anything, but you still can't help
but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Number 7 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid
someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Number 6 - Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing
again.

Number 5 - All of us could take a lesson from the
weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 4 - Why does a slight tax increase cost you
two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut
saves you thirty cents?

Number 3 - In the 60's, people took acid to make
the world weird. Now the world is weird and people
take Prozac to make it normal.

Number 2 - Politics is supposed to be the second
oldest profession I have come to realize that it
bears a very close resemblance to the first.

AND THE NUMBER 1 THOUGHT FOR 2004:
Terrorists come to America legally and hang around
on expired visas for as long as 10-15 years. Now
take Blockbuster - You're two days late with
a video rental and those people are all over
you..... I think we should put Blockbuster in
charge of our immigration.