Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lost recipe help

I have lost my recipe for cabbage casserole that is made with Lipton
country mushroom rice package. I know there are many others online, but
this is a favourite of my husband. I've tried the Lipton/Knorr website, but
they don't have it. Does anyone have this? It's a very old recipe,
probably from the 80's or 90's Thanks for any help.....Sharon in Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/29/2013 4:04 PM, Sharon wrote:
> I have lost my recipe for cabbage casserole that is made with
> Lipton country mushroom rice package. I know there are many others
> online, but this is a favourite of my husband. I've tried the
> Lipton/Knorr website, but they don't have it. Does anyone have this?
> It's a very old recipe, probably from the 80's or 90's Thanks for any
> help.....Sharon in Canada

Is this it? If not, can you provide more details?

PORK AND RICE IN 30 MINUTES
1 pt. cooked pork
2 c. water
2 c. cabbage, shredded
4 to 5 carrots
1 pkg. Lipton mushroom rice mix
soy sauce
chow mein noodles

Combine pork, water, cabbage, carrots, Lipton rice mix
in Dutch oven. Boil until carrots are tender. Add chow mein
noodles and soy sauce to taste.

I've found the most useful site for retrieving old family and
back-of-the-package recipes is the Cookbooks Online recipe database.
You have to register to access it, but there's over a million recipes
in the database. This is one of the companies that publishes
church/community cookbooks, and they put all the recipes into their
database. It's an invaluable resource.

http://www.cook-books.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Moe DeLoughan" wrote in message ...

On 9/29/2013 4:04 PM, Sharon wrote:
> I have lost my recipe for cabbage casserole that is made with
> Lipton country mushroom rice package. I know there are many others
> online, but this is a favourite of my husband. I've tried the
> Lipton/Knorr website, but they don't have it. Does anyone have this?
> It's a very old recipe, probably from the 80's or 90's Thanks for any
> help.....Sharon in Canada

Is this it? If not, can you provide more details?

PORK AND RICE IN 30 MINUTES
1 pt. cooked pork
2 c. water
2 c. cabbage, shredded
4 to 5 carrots
1 pkg. Lipton mushroom rice mix
soy sauce
chow mein noodles

Combine pork, water, cabbage, carrots, Lipton rice mix
in Dutch oven. Boil until carrots are tender. Add chow mein
noodles and soy sauce to taste.

I've found the most useful site for retrieving old family and
back-of-the-package recipes is the Cookbooks Online recipe database.
You have to register to access it, but there's over a million recipes
in the database. This is one of the companies that publishes
church/community cookbooks, and they put all the recipes into their
database. It's an invaluable resource.

http://www.cook-books.com/

--------------------------------

Sorry, that's not it. It calls for browning ground beef and onion, and
adding tomato sauce, water, seasonings, cabbage, and the pkg of lipton rice.
I think it also calls for chopped onion. I just can't remember the
quantities, but will wing it. Thanks for the response. It's in the works
now......Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/30/2013 12:02 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

> I've found the most useful site for retrieving old family and
> back-of-the-package recipes is the Cookbooks Online recipe database. You
> have to register to access it, but there's over a million recipes in the
> database. This is one of the companies that publishes church/community
> cookbooks, and they put all the recipes into their database. It's an
> invaluable resource.
>
> http://www.cook-books.com/

Wow, that's a blast from the past! I know exactly where they are
located (Collierville, TN). I see they haven't changed the search specs
for the database in all these years.

Sharon, you might try that site to see if you can find that elusive
recipe. Enter the ingredients you remember, it might pop up!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 9/30/2013 12:02 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

> I've found the most useful site for retrieving old family and
> back-of-the-package recipes is the Cookbooks Online recipe database. You
> have to register to access it, but there's over a million recipes in the
> database. This is one of the companies that publishes church/community
> cookbooks, and they put all the recipes into their database. It's an
> invaluable resource.
>
> http://www.cook-books.com/

Wow, that's a blast from the past! I know exactly where they are
located (Collierville, TN). I see they haven't changed the search specs
for the database in all these years.

Sharon, you might try that site to see if you can find that elusive
recipe. Enter the ingredients you remember, it might pop up!

Jill

...............Thanks Jill I'll give it a try....Sharon

Help I lost a recipe . . . (actually I lost the book) Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 7 07-11-2008 02:07 PM
Lost recipe biig General Cooking 3 19-03-2005 09:26 PM
Lost recipe ..... Kate ...... General Cooking 13 08-02-2005 01:22 PM
Help! Lost my recipe... F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 2 26-09-2004 12:24 AM
Help---lost a "Dimitri" recipe. chefjeff General Cooking 25 06-05-2004 07:23 AM