elaine

Default OT music

I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
Floyd.

Yours?

Elaine

jmcquown

elaine wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what
> people listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are
> Genesis and Pink Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

Which Genesis? There were two - one before Phil Collins started singing
lead (as well as drumming) and one before that. I have the album with 'The
Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel. I love them both.

Floyd is okay if you don't give too much credit to 'Dark Side of the Moon',
which, don't get me wrong, was a fine album. But I prefer the 'The Wall'.

The Eagles are of course right up there and all their various 'single'
components Love Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey.

But I've also always been into musical scores from films. I'm not talking
Broadway musicals, although they have their place. I'm talking philharmonic
works of John Williams, James Horner, Thomas Newman. Wonderful stuff!

Jill

Hahabogus

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> elaine wrote:
> > I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to
> > what people listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups
> > are Genesis and Pink Floyd.
> >
> > Yours?
> >
> > Elaine

> Which Genesis? There were two - one before Phil Collins started
> singing lead (as well as drumming) and one before that. I have the
> album with 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel. I
> love them both.
>
> Floyd is okay if you don't give too much credit to 'Dark Side of the
> Moon', which, don't get me wrong, was a fine album. But I prefer
> the 'The Wall'.
>
> The Eagles are of course right up there and all their various
> 'single' components Love Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey.
>
> But I've also always been into musical scores from films. I'm not
> talking Broadway musicals, although they have their place. I'm
> talking philharmonic works of John Williams, James Horner, Thomas
> Newman. Wonderful stuff!
>
> Jill

I like Ottmar Liebert, Strunz and Farrah or for a change of pace Nora
Jones her first CD not her second while I cook...

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 30 Jan 2005 11:22:40a, elaine wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

Absolute silence.

Wayne
Michael Odom

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:22:40 -0500, "elaine" >
wrote:

>I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
>listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
>Floyd.
>
>Yours?
>
>Elaine

James McMurtry, Tom Waits, Blossom Dearie, Stan Ridgeway, Compay
Segundo, Buddy Miller, Ali Farka Toure, IZ, Lucinda Williams, Kelly
Willis, Ben Harper, Sly and Robbie. To name a few.

Oh, and Jimmie Dale Gilmore, too.

OBFood: Chicken stock on the stove. It's a chilly day, and I want to
warm the house a little.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

BOB

elaine wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious
> as to what people listen to music wise here. Two of my
> favourite groups are Genesis and Pink Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

www.radiomargaritaville

It's not just Buffett

BOB

elaine

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> Which Genesis? There were two - one before Phil Collins started singing
> lead (as well as drumming) and one before that. I have the album with

'The
> Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel. I love them both.

I have them all in a couple of cd volumes- with and without Peter Gabriel.
But I looked out some of my lp's (very dusty - I hear lp's might be making
a comeback) - Abacab, Home by the Sea and Then there were Three are good.

> Floyd is okay if you don't give too much credit to 'Dark Side of the

Moon',
> which, don't get me wrong, was a fine album. But I prefer the 'The Wall'.

I agree - I enjoy the Wall... also "Echoes" - the entire side of an
lp............

Thanks for your picks - I like to hear what other people listen to so I can
look them up.

E.

elaine

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:22:40 -0500, "elaine" >
> wrote:
>
> >I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what

people
> >listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and

Pink
> >Floyd.
> >
> >Yours?
> >
> >Elaine
> >

> James McMurtry, Tom Waits, Blossom Dearie, Stan Ridgeway, Compay
> Segundo, Buddy Miller, Ali Farka Toure, IZ, Lucinda Williams, Kelly
> Willis, Ben Harper, Sly and Robbie. To name a few.
>
> Oh, and Jimmie Dale Gilmore, too.
>
> OBFood: Chicken stock on the stove. It's a chilly day, and I want to
> warm the house a little.

It's a beautiful day here in TO - and I have soup on the go too. Hot and
sour using leftover pork.
Elaine

jmcquown

Hahabogus wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
>> elaine wrote:
>>> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to
>>> what people listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups
>>> are Genesis and Pink Floyd.
>>>
>>> Yours?
>>>
>>> Elaine

>> Which Genesis? There were two - one before Phil Collins started
>> singing lead (as well as drumming) and one before that. I have the
>> album with 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel. I
>> love them both.
>>
>> Floyd is okay if you don't give too much credit to 'Dark Side of the
>> Moon', which, don't get me wrong, was a fine album. But I prefer
>> the 'The Wall'.
>>
>> The Eagles are of course right up there and all their various
>> 'single' components Love Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey.
>>
>> But I've also always been into musical scores from films. I'm not
>> talking Broadway musicals, although they have their place. I'm
>> talking philharmonic works of John Williams, James Horner, Thomas
>> Newman. Wonderful stuff!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Strunz and Farrah

John and I loved that - great music to uh, ahem... party to

Jill

Puester

elaine wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

1. most classical
2. Beatles, Mamas and Papas, Beach Boys, Kingston Trio, Elton John
Yeah, I'm pretty much stuck in the 60's. Almost everything
after that is just NOISE to me.

gloria p

notbob

On 2005-01-30, elaine > wrote:

> It's a beautiful day....

I listen to them, too.

nb
Dave Smith

notbob wrote:

> On 2005-01-30, elaine > wrote:
>
> > It's a beautiful day....

> I listen to them, too.

"Them" with Van Morrison. One of my favourites. :-)

Bob

Elaine wrote:

> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.

Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir, and quite a few less-well-known
bands.

Bob

skoonj

"Jack White" > wrote in message
> "elaine" > wrote:
>
>>I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
>>listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
>>Floyd.

> I chill out to the Buddha Bar series and other compilations from Claude
> Challe.

What, no White Stripes?

-T

Andrew H. Carter

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:22:40 -0500, "elaine"
> scribbled some thoughts:

>I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
>listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
>Floyd.
>
>Yours?
>
>Elaine

In no particular order after Classical and The Pipes:

Classical
Bagpipes "The Pipes"
New Age
Arabic
Loreena McKennitt
Enya
Sarah Brightman
Charlotte Church
Maire Brennan (pronounce Moy-ya)
Air Supply

Recently I've found some awesome techno music at:

http://www.asciipr0n.com/mp3

The files specifically:

http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...-_antipode.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos/mp3/Cosmos_Computer_Music_-_Ayesha's_Meat.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...ic_-_b03_4.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...ic_-_b27_7.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...usic_-_b30.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...sic_-_b3_7.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...ic_-_b91_3.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...tton_candy.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...itical_hit.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...mic_groove.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...euphoria_I.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...Music_-_F4.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...Music_-_F7.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...sic_-_four.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...at_of_worm.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...nobarbital.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...-_ROBOT999.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos..._ROCKPARTY.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/m1a9366b/cosmos...-_star03_5.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/mp3/CosmosComputerMusic-b10_d.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/mp3/CosmosComputerMusic-funkn.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/mp3/CosmosComputerMusic-S.mp3
http://asciipr0n.com/mp3/CosmosComputerMusic-surge.mp3

---------- 4096.txt
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Analog%20loops.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Analog%20modify.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Anti%20Flux.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Computer%20Sucks.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Datanice.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/File%20cluster.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Fo...ot%20Found.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/****ing%20****ing.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Harshsector1.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Harshsector2.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/House%20Party.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Howe's%20It%20Going.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Jan%201%201999.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Ma...20Universe.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Millisecond.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/NiceDX.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Non-Organic.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/OctaClog.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Old%20Pails.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Res%20akk.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Signal.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Sy...0Bye%20Bye.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/This%20Is%20Not.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/Too%20much%20gear.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/a_theist.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/commodore64.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/matrix%20transfer.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/nicedx.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/plylustre%20732.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/uber-funkee.mp3
http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/mp3/voidmain.mp3

For some Arabic:

http://www.sudairy.com/music/archive.html

http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/abaad.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/abdel_kader.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/aisheen.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/aktar_wahed.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/allem_alby.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/al_berwaz.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/amarain.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/amulet.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/ana_ayesh.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/ana_endi_haneen.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/ana_wa_layla.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/awedouny.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/baghdad.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/bent_alnoor.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/betgheeb_betrooh.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/el_alb_el_tayeb.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/el_alem_alla.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/el_layali.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/enogoom_wil_amar.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/inta_omry.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/i...thel_manti.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/la_walla.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/mani_mani.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/nour_el_ain.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/nuqtah_alsatter.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/oyoun_albi.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/qooli_ohiboka.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/roh_rohi.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/tamally_maak.mp3
http://www.sudairy.com/music/audio/wala_ala_balo.mp3

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\

jmcquown

Puester wrote:
> elaine wrote:
>> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what
>> people listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are
>> Genesis and Pink Floyd.
>>
>> Yours?
>>
>> Elaine
>>

> 1. most classical
> 2. Beatles, Mamas and Papas

Betcha didn't know I know a friend of the Mamas and Papas - Scott McKenzie
of 'San Francisco' fame. Nice guy. McKenzie Phillips was named after him.
Has a cat named Spider.

, Beach Boys, Kingston Trio, Elton John
> Yeah, I'm pretty much stuck in the 60's. Almost everything
> after that is just NOISE to me.
>
> gloria p

I'll take classical or music scores over most of the post-1980s stuff any
day. Came as a total shock to me when my mom got upset at George Harrison's
death. I never knew she was a Beatles fan. She went on and on about how
spiritual he was. Thinking back, she was upset when Linda McCartney died,
too.

Jill

Mad Dan

Bob wrote:
> Elaine wrote:
>
> > I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what

people
> > listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis

and Pink
> > Floyd.

> Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir, and quite a few

less-well-known
> bands.
>
> Bob

Less well known than those three? Lord above - is there a meter that
goes that low?!

For baking, Wagner, always Wagner. I don't know why - the first couple
of times it was just a coincidence that Wagner was playing, I think,
and then it set into a "tradition".

For any other cooking, anything really - though Schubert and Interpol
are current favourites.

Michael Odom

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:33:36 +1100, Michael O'Donnell
> wrote:

>In article Michael Odom savoured the salmon then said
>> >

>> James McMurtry, Tom Waits, Blossom Dearie, Stan Ridgeway, Compay
>> Segundo, Buddy Miller, Ali Farka Toure, IZ, Lucinda Williams, Kelly
>> Willis, Ben Harper, Sly and Robbie. To name a few.

>My wife keeps Robbie in the car. She adores him, but he never seems to
>come inside the house

Some places, having Sly (Dunbar) and Robbie (Shakespeare) in the car
will get your insurance premium hiked.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:30:40 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2005-01-30, elaine > wrote:
>>
>> > It's a beautiful day....

>> I listen to them, too.

>"Them" with Van Morrison. One of my favourites. :-)

Who?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
-L.

elaine wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what

people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and

Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

Just about anything except country. I like to cook to classical. My
favorite groups are The Talking Heads, David Byrne, REM, Tom Petty,
Tracy Chapman, and just about anything 70's-80's punk/new wave. I also
like Blues and Reggae/Ska a lot.
I consider Pink Floyd music for when you smoke a big fatty.

-L.

-L.

elaine wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what

people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and

Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

Just about anything except country. I like to cook to classical. My
favorite groups are The Talking Heads, David Byrne, REM, Tom Petty,
Tracy Chapman, and just about anything 70's-80's punk/new wave. I also
like Blues and Reggae/Ska a lot.
I consider Pink Floyd music for when you smoke a big fatty.

-L.

Gal Called J.J.

Piggybacking:

> elaine wrote:

> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to
> what people listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups
> are Genesis and Pink Floyd.

> Yours?

Disturbed, Chevelle, Rob Zombie, Sevendust, whatever the latest
heavies are. I also like old school metal (Megadeth, some Metallica,
Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Anthrax)...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is

In rec.food.cooking, elaine > wrote:
> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.

> Yours?

During barbecue competitions we usually listen to electric blues. But
when it is crunch time, and we are doing the final preps of our entries,
we listen to Jerry Lee Lewis.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
Kate Connally

elaine wrote:

> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?
>
> Elaine

Well, let's see. When I'm driving long distance I always have
to have the Eagles Greatest Hits, both volumes, but lots of
other stuff as well. At home I switch it up a lot - Chris
Isaak, Susanne Vega, Enya, Charlie Parker, classical (Chopin,
Lizst, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikofsky, etc.) Leon Redbone, oldies
collections (rock, r&b, and country), Mamas and Papas,
Righteous Brothers, Gilbert & Sullivan, Donovan, Leonard Cohen,
Otis Redding, Elvis Presley, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bob Dylan,
Dire Straits, Lou Reed, Perry Como, Clannad. There are many
more but I can't think of them all right now.

If I ever get some of their CD's I'd listen to John Prine,
Lucinda Williams,Tracy Chapman, Melissa Etheridge, Morphine,
North Mississippi Allstars, Tom Waits, to name just a few.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

Jack White wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> >Which Genesis? There were two - one before Phil Collins started singing
> >lead (as well as drumming) and one before that. I have the album with 'The
> >Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel. I love them both.

> I loved the old Gabriel Genesis, hate the Phil Collins Genesis.
>
> >Floyd is okay if you don't give too much credit to 'Dark Side of the Moon',
> >which, don't get me wrong, was a fine album. But I prefer the 'The Wall'.

> Floyd was one of the greatest bands ever.

They leave me cold.

> >The Eagles are of course right up there and all their various 'single'
> >components

> One of the worst bands ever. haha

You've gotta be kidding!!!!!! They're great!!!!!!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Dave Smith

Michael Odom wrote:

> >> I listen to them, too.

> >"Them" with Van Morrison. One of my favourites. :-)
> >

> Who?

Yes, them too, as well as Them.

Michael Odom

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:54:53 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>> >"Them" with Van Morrison. One of my favourites. :-)
>> >

>> Who?

>Yes, them too, as well as Them.

Which one of us is the straight man?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Zywicki

No, he's correct. Independent laboratory testing has long established
that the eagles suck hard.

Greg Zywicki

hubert liverman

At home I switch it up a lot - Chris
> Isaak, Susanne Vega, Enya, Charlie Parker, classical (Chopin,
> Lizst, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikofsky, etc.) Leon Redbone, oldies
> collections (rock, r&b, and country), Mamas and Papas,
> Righteous Brothers, Gilbert & Sullivan, Donovan, Leonard Cohen,
> Otis Redding, Elvis Presley, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bob Dylan,
> Dire Straits, Lou Reed, Perry Como, Clannad. There are many
> more but I can't think of them all right now.
>
> If I ever get some of their CD's I'd listen to John Prine,
> Lucinda Williams,Tracy Chapman, Melissa Etheridge, Morphine,
> North Mississippi Allstars, Tom Waits, to name just a few.
>
> Kate

This is a wonderfully eclectic list of musical genres and performers. Do you
coordinate it with the food that you are preparing? The ethos of the dance
of music,language and food are inseparable. I am a longtime lurker, have
just started posting ,and fell for a few newbie traps. I am serious in my
comments/questions, and have a gleeful sense of humor! I was trained as a
professional musician, (Bass Trombone performance Degrees), and now tune and
repair Pianos. I have loved food all of my life. :-) My music career is
somewhat shorter,..only 50 years. Reading recipies and misical scores are
similar.

"Beethoven or 'Basie, Berlin or Biloxi. The spots on the page are the
same!......the rest is interpretation." I quote myself here.

May I please join the commaradrie and knowledge here.?
I won't "belch" like this again, unless asked...:-)

Hubert Liverman

"What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
"Kate"

rosie readandpost

:.................... Came as a total shock to me when my mom got
upset at George Harrison's
: death. I never knew she was a Beatles fan. She went on and on
about how
: spiritual he was. Thinking back, she was upset when Linda
McCartney died,
: too.
:
: Jill
:
:

i'm guessing your mom and i are the same age.................

Ruddell

In > Hahabogus wrote:

> I like Ottmar Liebert, Strunz and Farrah or for a change of pace Nora
> Jones her first CD not her second while I cook...

Wow, I haven't heard anyone ever mention Ottmar Liebert before. His
music is actually beautiful. I couldn't get any of my friends to even
consider listening but I still do. Actually, I've only got the one
album, Solo Parti something :-)

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply
notbob

On 2005-02-02, Ruddell > wrote:

> Wow, I haven't heard anyone ever mention Ottmar Liebert before. His
> music is actually beautiful.

Ol' Ot rocks!

Sure, it's basically pop classical guitar, but compared to 98% of the crud
being pushed as music today, it's really quite nice. Beats Yanni and Zamfir
and all that New Age pablum.

nb
Kate Connally

hubert liverman wrote:

> At home I switch it up a lot - Chris
> > Isaak, Susanne Vega, Enya, Charlie Parker, classical (Chopin,
> > Lizst, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikofsky, etc.) Leon Redbone, oldies
> > collections (rock, r&b, and country), Mamas and Papas,
> > Righteous Brothers, Gilbert & Sullivan, Donovan, Leonard Cohen,
> > Otis Redding, Elvis Presley, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bob Dylan,
> > Dire Straits, Lou Reed, Perry Como, Clannad. There are many
> > more but I can't think of them all right now.
> >
> > If I ever get some of their CD's I'd listen to John Prine,
> > Lucinda Williams,Tracy Chapman, Melissa Etheridge, Morphine,
> > North Mississippi Allstars, Tom Waits, to name just a few.
> >
> > Kate

> This is a wonderfully eclectic list of musical genres and performers. Do you
> coordinate it with the food that you are preparing?

Not really, just what I'm into at the moment. I have a Pioneer
cd player that takes a 6-disc magazine, so I tend to put an
assortment of things in the magazine and then hit random
play. I like to mix and match a lot. I usually only listen to
music when I'm cooking all day for a dinner party or something
like that. It's nice to have the 6-disc magazines as I get all
day music without having to worry about changing records, etc.
Then I usually put a new magazine with a different selection in
for when the company actually comes so we have music all during
dinner and after.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Bob

Kate Connally wrote:

> I have a Pioneer cd player that takes a 6-disc magazine, so I tend to put
> an assortment of things in the magazine and then hit random play. I like
> to mix and match a lot. I usually only listen to music when I'm cooking
> all day for a dinner party or something like that. It's nice to have the
> 6-disc magazines as I get all day music without having to worry about
> changing records, etc. Then I usually put a new magazine with a different
> selection in for when the company actually comes so we have music all
> during dinner and after.

My CD player accepts MP3 CD's. I just make a compilation CD and I've got
hours and hours of music available. I feel that many CD's have "filler"
songs on them, and I'm able to omit those songs from the CD's I make. I
generally make a different CD for each event; it only takes a couple minutes
and the blank CD's are pretty cheap.

Bob

Miche

In article >,
"elaine" > wrote:

> I love to turn up the volume whilst I cook. I'm curious as to what people
> listen to music wise here. Two of my favourite groups are Genesis and Pink
> Floyd.
>
> Yours?

Rammstein!

Or the soundtrack to The Matrix (the original movie).

Or Steriogram (NZ band).

Or, if I'm feeling a bit more mellow, "Mermaid Avenue" by Billy Bragg
and Wilco. Lyrics written by Woody Guthrie, set to music by Billy Bragg
and Wilco and recorded a few years back.

Miche

--
WWMVD?
Miche

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Betcha didn't know I know a friend of the Mamas and Papas - Scott McKenzie
> of 'San Francisco' fame. Nice guy. McKenzie Phillips was named after him.
> Has a cat named Spider.

Ohmigod. His song is one of my favourites EVER!

Please tell him he's got a fan in the South Pacific!

Miche

--
WWMVD?

OT - Music Dimitri General Cooking 2 08-12-2012 10:01 AM
OT; music Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 2 01-10-2012 04:16 AM
don't get music marika Preserving 0 04-12-2006 05:05 AM
right then, let's music Lester Mosley General Cooking 6 03-08-2004 12:44 PM
BBQ Music??? Matthew Brown Barbecue 23 03-07-2004 06:18 PM