Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT; music

If an orchestra in your city performs Respighi's *Pines of Rome*, don't miss it. I am relatively ignorant about classical music. I know that I love Brahms and Beethoven, and certain Bach compositions like the Brandenburg Concertos, and many of the Rossini overtures, and quite a few other things, but I know far less about classical music than most folks who regularly attend symphony performances. That Pines of Rome thing was f-ing spectacular, mind-f-ingly spectacular. I'm not posting a YouTube link because it is the sort of piece that could never be done justice in that compressed format. I was blown away, as was the rest of the audience.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:35:29 PM UTC-4, Bryan wrote:
> If an orchestra in your city performs Respighi's *Pines of Rome*, don't miss it. I am relatively ignorant about classical music. I know that I love Brahms and Beethoven, and certain Bach compositions like the Brandenburg Concertos, and many of the Rossini overtures, and quite a few other things, but I know far less about classical music than most folks who regularly attend symphony performances. That Pines of Rome thing was f-ing spectacular, mind-f-ingly spectacular. I'm not posting a YouTube link because it is the sort of piece that could never be done justice in that compressed format.. I was blown away, as was the rest of the audience.
>

> --Bryan

"Pines of Rome " IS wonderful - if you don't see those tramping legions, well......
what can I say. Also, give an ear to Respighi's "The Birds". ( Do I have that right, serious music buffs?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:35:29 PM UTC-4, Bryan wrote:
> If an orchestra in your city performs Respighi's *Pines of Rome*, don't
> miss it. I am relatively ignorant about classical music. I know that I
> love Brahms and Beethoven, and certain Bach compositions like the
> Brandenburg Concertos, and many of the Rossini overtures, and quite a few
> other things, but I know far less about classical music than most folks
> who regularly attend symphony performances. That Pines of Rome thing was
> f-ing spectacular, mind-f-ingly spectacular. I'm not posting a YouTube
> link because it is the sort of piece that could never be done justice in
> that compressed format. I was blown away, as was the rest of the
> audience.
>

> --Bryan

"Pines of Rome " IS wonderful - if you don't see those tramping legions,
well......
what can I say. Also, give an ear to Respighi's "The Birds". ( Do I have
that right, serious music buffs?)

Also the "Fountains of Rome," which is the third part of his Impressionist
trilogy. Respighi redefined Impressionism with a huge capital "I."

pavane

OT - Music Dimitri General Cooking 2 08-12-2012 09:01 AM
don't get music marika Preserving 0 04-12-2006 04:05 AM
OT music elaine General Cooking 36 05-02-2005 03:56 AM
right then, let's music Lester Mosley General Cooking 6 03-08-2004 12:44 PM
BBQ Music??? Matthew Brown Barbecue 23 03-07-2004 06:18 PM