Old 14-01-2005, 08:56 PM
golamuh

Default Froze Fish

A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was called
codfish.
I took it out and unfrosted it in the icebox for 24 hours like they
said.
When I cooked in the way a always do which is to pat dry, flour it,
shake that off and then dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs and fry.
It looked great smelled great but the inside the closer you go to the
middle it got tough. They were pretty think slicec but shoulda been
cooked through.
Why were they tough. Never had that happen before.
It was wild cod. Used it before and none of this happends.

Old 14-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Pizen

golamuh wrote:
A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was
called codfish.
I took it out and unfrosted it in the icebox for 24 hours like they
said.
When I cooked in the way a always do which is to pat dry, flour it,
shake that off and then dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs and
fry.
It looked great smelled great but the inside the closer you go to
the
middle it got tough. They were pretty think slicec but shoulda been
cooked through.
Why were they tough. Never had that happen before.
It was wild cod. Used it before and none of this happends.

It just sounds as if it were overcooked. If you have more of a
similar size, you might consider using your method, but finishing them
in a 350 oven for a couple of minutes. Or come up with a new recipe
that involves oven cooking. Pan frying works best for me when the
fillets are relatively thin.

--
"Life is hard. Life is harder when
you're stupid". - John Wayne

"Politics is war without bloodshed while
war is politics with bloodshed" - Mao Zedong

'99 FLHRCI

Old 15-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Louis Cohen

golamuh wrote:
A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was called
codfish.
I took it out and unfrosted it in the icebox for 24 hours like they
said.
When I cooked in the way a always do which is to pat dry, flour it,
shake that off and then dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs and fry.
It looked great smelled great but the inside the closer you go to the
middle it got tough. They were pretty think slicec but shoulda been
cooked through.
Why were they tough. Never had that happen before.
It was wild cod. Used it before and none of this happends.

Frozen fish works better for me in chowder or cioppino, where the
freshness isn't as critical.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877

Old 16-01-2005, 12:47 AM
golamuh

Katra wrote:
In article .com,
"golamuh" wrote:

A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was

called
codfish.
I took it out and unfrosted it in the icebox for 24 hours like they
said.
When I cooked in the way a always do which is to pat dry, flour it,
shake that off and then dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs and

fry.
It looked great smelled great but the inside the closer you go to

the
middle it got tough. They were pretty think slicec but shoulda

been
cooked through.
Why were they tough. Never had that happen before.
It was wild cod. Used it before and none of this happends.

If the middle was tough, it's because it was not cooked thru.

Just nuke it for a minute or so.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell=8Byou
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

Old 16-01-2005, 01:06 AM
golamuh

Katra wrote:
In article .com,
"golamuh" wrote:

A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was

called

If the middle was tough, it's because it was not cooked thru.

Just nuke it for a minute or so.

Can't beleive it.
We ate it that way well now we done et raw fish.