Posted to rec.food.cooking
marytews33@hot$$$mail.com

Default I froze the eggs

I just realized that I left a dozen eggs on the back porch. I often
put food in there during the winter that needs to be frozen because my
freezer is very small. I put some meat out there a couple days ago,
but forgot there was a dozen eggs in the box. I just went to look for
these eggs and realized they never got into the fridge.

I did not try to open any of these eggs, but I know they are frozen
because its' zero degrees outside and my cheese is frozen too. (closed
in porch is not insulated).

My question, are these eggs still usable? Can I just hardboil all of
them so they dont go to waste. If YES, can I just boil them while
still frozen?

Or can I just unthaw them and use as normal?

Thanks

Mary
Posted to rec.food.cooking
marytews33@hot$$$mail.com

On 17 Dec 2005 22:44:46 -0800, "aem" > wrote:

wrote:
>> [snip]
>> My question, are these eggs still usable?

>Yes, definitely. The yolks may not stay intact after freezing and
>thawing, though.
>
>> Can I just hardboil all of them so they dont go to waste.

>You can, but you can also make omelets, scrambled eggs, or use them in
>other recipes.
>
>> If YES, can I just boil them while still frozen?

>Don't know about that. Why would you want to? Just stick 'em in the
>fridge.
>>
>> Or can I just unthaw them and use as normal?

>Pretty much, except for the yolk thing. -aem

Thanks for all that replied. I'll just stick them in the fridge.
They have been out on the counter for about 5 hours now so I think
they should be thawed. I sort of thought boiling them would be the
only way to save them, but I see I was wrong. Never froze eggs
before. I also froze some lettuce. I think thats history. The other
day the temps were mid 20's. This sudden drop caught me off guard.
I hate winter !!!!

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent

If you need eggs right away I would try the defrost cycle in the microwave.
Kent

> wrote in message
>I just realized that I left a dozen eggs on the back porch. I often
> put food in there during the winter that needs to be frozen because my
> freezer is very small. I put some meat out there a couple days ago,
> but forgot there was a dozen eggs in the box. I just went to look for
> these eggs and realized they never got into the fridge.
>
> I did not try to open any of these eggs, but I know they are frozen
> because its' zero degrees outside and my cheese is frozen too. (closed
> in porch is not insulated).
>
> My question, are these eggs still usable? Can I just hardboil all of
> them so they dont go to waste. If YES, can I just boil them while
> still frozen?
>
> Or can I just unthaw them and use as normal?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mary

Froze some basil. ImStillMags General Cooking 33 21-08-2014 05:12 PM
Eurocave froze bottles [email protected] Wine 9 30-09-2008 09:28 PM
That Swiss Steak I froze a month ago. Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 2 13-11-2005 01:48 AM
Froze Fish golamuh General Cooking 5 16-01-2005 01:06 AM
Pickled Eggs, Asparagus, Kimchi and Beans (was: Scotch Eggs) Monroe, of course... Barbecue 3 15-12-2003 12:53 PM