Pizen

golamuh wrote:
> A while back I got some froze fish from Costco in a bag. It was
> called codfish.
> I took it out and unfrosted it in the icebox for 24 hours like they
> said.
> When I cooked in the way a always do which is to pat dry, flour it,
> shake that off and then dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs and
> fry.
> It looked great smelled great but the inside the closer you go to
> the
> middle it got tough. They were pretty think slicec but shoulda been
> cooked through.
> Why were they tough. Never had that happen before.
> It was wild cod. Used it before and none of this happends.

It just sounds as if it were overcooked. If you have more of a
similar size, you might consider using your method, but finishing them
in a 350 oven for a couple of minutes. Or come up with a new recipe
that involves oven cooking. Pan frying works best for me when the
fillets are relatively thin.

--
"Life is hard. Life is harder when
you're stupid". - John Wayne

"Politics is war without bloodshed while
war is politics with bloodshed" - Mao Zedong

'99 FLHRCI