Joelle

>Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

Lots of mayo

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
zxcvbob

Doe John wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>

> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?
>
> Thx

Here's an easy one:
Chop a small yellow onion (of half a large one) and a couple of ribs of
celery. Saute in 2 Tbsp butter a large saucepan until the onion looks
done but still has a little crunch to it. Add the noodles from a box of
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (blue box), 2 cups of water, 1 chicken
bouillon cube, and about 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper. Chop or
tear up a bunch of cooked chicken or turkey and add it. Cover and cook
over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the cheeze powder, a pinch of
basil, and stir and continue cooking until the noodles are done. If it
gets too dry, add a little milk. Stir in a handful of frozen peas
(optional) and top with a little grated cheese (optional).
Serves about 4.

You can also use it to make turkey salad:
Chop the cooked turkey meat very fine. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and a
pinch of salt. Mash with a spoon until the mayo is thoroughly mixed
into the turkey. Stir in a bunch of pickle relish and Miracle Whip
until it looks right. Add a pinch of dillweed, if desired. It's good
served with Triscuit or Chicken In a Biscuit crackers.

Or just slice thin and use for turkey or club sandwiches, with lots of
mayo, lettuce, and tomato slices to make up for the dryness of the meat.

Bob
Doe John

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:49:58 GMT, "MareCat"
> wrote:

>"Doe John" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Hi:
>>
>> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
>> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
>> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>>

>> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

>King Ranch Turkey (based on King Ranch Chicken). I made that yesterday, in
>fact.
>
>Tons of recipes for King Ranch Chicken--do a Google search. They're all
>pretty similar--chicken/turkey, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken
>soups, Rotel tomatoes and chilis, torn up corn tortillas, and cheddar
>cheese. (This is one of the few dishes I've made where I've used any cream
>of soups. I've also made the dish using gravy in place of the soups--with
>great results.)
>
>Mary

Thnks. Never heard of this before.But sounds great.
sf

Default Recipes for dry white turkey meat

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:15:22 -0500, Doe John
> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>

> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

I was thinking about what to do with the rest of the
turkey(s) last night. I've already made turkey pot pie and
turkey tetrazini - I'm thinking about turkey crepes and
turkey enchalidas.

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/sea...=16725&page=27
the Turkey Chopped Salad looks good.

Most of my leftovers are frozen, but I still have some
stuffing (I'm the only one who likes it at my house) and
breast meat to deal with.

sf
sf

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:49:58 GMT, "MareCat"
> wrote:

> King Ranch Turkey (based on King Ranch Chicken). I made that yesterday, in
> fact.
>
> Tons of recipes for King Ranch Chicken--do a Google search. They're all
> pretty similar--chicken/turkey, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken
> soups, Rotel tomatoes and chilis, torn up corn tortillas, and cheddar
> cheese. (This is one of the few dishes I've made where I've used any cream
> of soups. I've also made the dish using gravy in place of the soups--with
> great results.)

That's a good idea! I have plenty of turkey stock... I've
made the chicken based King Ranch recipe from scratch many
times, so making one with turkey shouldn't be a problem.

Wooohooo!

sf