zxcvbob

Doe John wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>

> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?
>
> Thx

Here's an easy one:
Chop a small yellow onion (of half a large one) and a couple of ribs of
celery. Saute in 2 Tbsp butter a large saucepan until the onion looks
done but still has a little crunch to it. Add the noodles from a box of
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (blue box), 2 cups of water, 1 chicken
bouillon cube, and about 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper. Chop or
tear up a bunch of cooked chicken or turkey and add it. Cover and cook
over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the cheeze powder, a pinch of
basil, and stir and continue cooking until the noodles are done. If it
gets too dry, add a little milk. Stir in a handful of frozen peas
(optional) and top with a little grated cheese (optional).
Serves about 4.

You can also use it to make turkey salad:
Chop the cooked turkey meat very fine. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and a
pinch of salt. Mash with a spoon until the mayo is thoroughly mixed
into the turkey. Stir in a bunch of pickle relish and Miracle Whip
until it looks right. Add a pinch of dillweed, if desired. It's good
served with Triscuit or Chicken In a Biscuit crackers.

Or just slice thin and use for turkey or club sandwiches, with lots of
mayo, lettuce, and tomato slices to make up for the dryness of the meat.

Bob