Doe John

Default Recipes for dry white turkey meat

Hi:

Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
requires tons of water to wash it down.

Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

Thx
MareCat

"Doe John" > wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>

> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

King Ranch Turkey (based on King Ranch Chicken). I made that yesterday, in
fact.

Tons of recipes for King Ranch Chicken--do a Google search. They're all
pretty similar--chicken/turkey, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken
soups, Rotel tomatoes and chilis, torn up corn tortillas, and cheddar
cheese. (This is one of the few dishes I've made where I've used any cream
of soups. I've also made the dish using gravy in place of the soups--with
great results.)

Mary

sf

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:15:22 -0500, Doe John
> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Brought home some dry turkey white meat from the holidays. We gobbled
> up all the juicy darker portions. The white meat is always dry and
> requires tons of water to wash it down.
>

> Any recipes for dry white turkey breast meat?

I was thinking about what to do with the rest of the
turkey(s) last night. I've already made turkey pot pie and
turkey tetrazini - I'm thinking about turkey crepes and
turkey enchalidas.

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/sea...=16725&page=27
the Turkey Chopped Salad looks good.

Most of my leftovers are frozen, but I still have some
stuffing (I'm the only one who likes it at my house) and
breast meat to deal with.

sf
sf

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:49:58 GMT, "MareCat"
> wrote:

> King Ranch Turkey (based on King Ranch Chicken). I made that yesterday, in
> fact.
>
> Tons of recipes for King Ranch Chicken--do a Google search. They're all
> pretty similar--chicken/turkey, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken
> soups, Rotel tomatoes and chilis, torn up corn tortillas, and cheddar
> cheese. (This is one of the few dishes I've made where I've used any cream
> of soups. I've also made the dish using gravy in place of the soups--with
> great results.)

That's a good idea! I have plenty of turkey stock... I've
made the chicken based King Ranch recipe from scratch many
times, so making one with turkey shouldn't be a problem.

Wooohooo!

sf